Thread: Colour Problem

Default Colour Problem

Hello to all,

This isn't directly related to photography but since it deals with colour I hope it is alright for me to discuss it here. I have a webdesign assignment due monday and i have been faced with a problem.

Thing is, I work on 2 different computers, on a notebook in school, and on a Desktop at home. The notebook is of course LCD, while my home setup has a CRT, albeit a pretty old one.

When i uploaded my PSD file to my desktop to carry on working at home, to my horror i discovered the colours VERY messed up! From what was (on the notebook LCD) a beige turned into a pale yellow on my CRT. I checked the colour profile of Photoshop, and both showed identical profiles - Default Web Profile (sRGB). So which one do i believe is the true colour? and how will i know what my lecturer will see on his own LCD/CRT. I'm afraid the impact is dramatically different. Hope someone can help me out urgently.

Just to show you the difference i took a photo of both with my camera:

The different is not that visible here but i assure you it's dramatic. This is the first time i have encountered such a stark difference, and has left me dumbfounded. Appreciate some help!

What mode izzit?
    CMYK or RBG?

Are the monitors calibrated?

both are in RGB.

I'm not sure if they are calibrated.. i should probably calibrate them now. would you know of a way to calibrate them? thanks for the swift reply...

did u toggle with the brightness/contrast ? set both to the max..then see the output..

Well i can't really asjust my brightness /contrast on the LCD, but yeah, the CRT brightness /contrast is at 100%