Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reservist/hp

Default Reservist/hp

any folks who have undergone your ICT recently, were u allow to bring in hp with cam?
    any stringent checks at the guardhouse?

Default Re: reservist/hp

Quote Originally Posted by Jackals View Post
    any folks who have undergone your ICT recently, were u allow to bring in hp with cam?
    any stringent checks at the guardhouse?
    don't get caught but they would ask you to surrender actually. it's always a hide and seek game

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    don't get caught but they would ask you to surrender actually. it's always a hide and seek game
    any checks by the RP?

no cam-hp by right, but by left, can.... got people bring digi-cam go in take photo with the tanks and so on.... just be alert

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    no cam-hp by right, but by left, can.... got people bring digi-cam go in take photo with the tanks and so on.... just be alert
    you go in army already meh?

Quote Originally Posted by willdon View Post
    you go in army already meh?
    me ish got knowledge and links one(unlike you ), i hold highest cca post leh, simple simple thing also dun now how to command a unit? other CSers need help, i will help

Default Re: Reservist/hp

No camera phone is allowed in any army premises; be it gazetted army training ground or camps. If you got caught - breach of security, u could end up being sentenced to detention. Not worth it.

You can bring phone in, but those without any cameras only.

Last time, when I go for ICT, I use my old Nokia 8850. When I'm out of camp, use back my O2 XDA!

sounds pretty bad....guess gotta buy a non-cam hp now
    shucks!

back from reservist!

Advice will be you get a good old nokia 3210, 3310, 8250, 8210 etc. models just for reservist, esle it will be damn mafan, unless you happen to be CO Runner or the official cameraman =)

sounds pretty bad....guess gotta buy a non-cam hp now
    shucks!
    Just get a super cheap one will do. 2nd hand lagi best, cos can bring it to exercise and bang around also no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Prataz View Post
    back from reservist!

Advice will be you get a good old nokia 3210, 3310, 8250, 8210 etc. models just for reservist, esle it will be damn mafan, unless you happen to be CO Runner or the official cameraman =)
    any recommendations on where to get such classic phones?

was using a 3210 and 8250 before

its not worth to get charge for breachin the law.. be it NSF or NSman or Regular..

nokia 3210,2600 , 3100 are good phones. or even the classic 3310, 3210 and 2100 , 8250

that is why there is quite a few non-camera model such as 2610 and 2310

I have got the 2610 ($100++ without line) for that purpose....basically I say see heng suay la...even I go RT they will also check at times.

Saw an airforce captain using 2610 on the train the other day...so i guess...

Don't play play la....really not worth it....

where did u bought your 2610?

just return fr reservist yesterday. strictly no cam hp. RP will ask everyone after the gate whether you have a hp with u. if answer is YES, they will demand for your hp. if yr hp has a camera, they will place yr hp in this pigeon hold like rack and issue a ticket so that u can redeem your hp after out pro. i brought in my nokia Ngage to ICT. if u r caught using a camera hp in camp, you will get discplinary action. Advise not to bring cam hp, if u choose to do so, just do not get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by vbs1979 View Post
    just return fr reservist yesterday. strictly no cam hp. RP will ask everyone after the gate whether you have a hp with u. if answer is YES, they will demand for your hp. if yr hp has a camera, they will place yr hp in this pigeon hold like rack and issue a ticket so that u can redeem your hp after out pro. i brought in my nokia Ngage to ICT. if u r caught using a camera hp in camp, you will get discplinary action. Advise not to bring cam hp, if u choose to do so, just do not get caught.
    any restriction on other gadgets? i.e mp3, pmp?

any restriction on other gadgets? i.e mp3, pmp?
    mp3 is fine as long it doesn't act as a thumbdrive. err for me, i bring 3 handphones to camp including a v3. it's all by left in my camp =D my CO even allowed my battalion to bring in our cameras to transfer photos taken in our india exercise to the media team.

Arrow Re: Reservist/hp

I bought a simple handphone, export set Nokia 1112(White LED) at $65 from Mustafa Centre. Another cheaper model is the Nokia 1110(Green LED) at $59.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4222135

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I bought a simple handphone, export set Nokia 1112(White LED) at $65 from Mustafa Centre. Another cheaper model is the Nokia 1110(Green LED) at $59.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4222135
    export set can be used?
    2nd hand? or new set?
    Last edited by Jackals; 25th March 2007 at 11:48 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast