Thread: Photo paper for ink/bubble jet printing

Default Photo paper for ink/bubble jet printing

Hi all,
    Does anyone know a good place to get the best selection of photo paper? I can't seem to find semi-gloss A4, >200g/m2 ones these days. I'm also interested in getting those paper with textures.

I used to use the ones from Konica which had a 'Satin' finishing. Really nice. These days I can't seem to find it anywhere. I 've checked in most shops in Sim Lim already.

Default Re: Photo paper for ink/bubble jet printing

I usually use these 2 papers:
    - ilford Double Sided Matt
    - Pictorico

I bought the Pictorico in Japan, extremely expensive paper I can't barely afford a single printing mistake cos that's almost like $2 down the drain if I do!!! But I rarely print in gloss, phew....

The Ilford I have is nice and thick since its meant for double-sided printing. Since I rarely print photos these days except really nice ones, I'd usually print it on one side. The colour reproduction is quite good and doesn't bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    I usually use these 2 papers:
    - ilford Double Sided Matt
    - Pictorico

I bought the Pictorico in Japan, extremely expensive paper I can't barely afford a single printing mistake cos that's almost like $2 down the drain if I do!!! But I rarely print in gloss, phew....

The Ilford I have is nice and thick since its meant for double-sided printing. Since I rarely print photos these days except really nice ones, I'd usually print it on one side. The colour reproduction is quite good and doesn't bleed.

Thanks jsbm. May I know where is a good place to get Ifford paper?

There's a selection at Challenger Funan.

Chamoxa Funan used to stock them but I don't think they sell them anymore.

There's a particular shop near the escalator at Sim Lim, level 4 or 5 I think, that sells ink n paper.

suggest moving thread to "general, reviews, tech talk".