Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Engineers making $0.62 million!!!

Default Re: Engineers making $0.62 million!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    am I? please so many FT engineers like to work in singapore because, singapore pays well, a malaysian can get double or triple what he can get at home. And this is just malaysians, we have the indonesians, philipinos, vietnamese, they can so much higher pay here then elsewhere. So they like to stay...plus they like to work over time. singaporean engineers are considered pampered.

why job hop? you still need to get your PR. A FT would rather work long hours, clock more OT and justify the PR application. singapore is clean, transportation is good.
    No leh. Some of the really smart FT like to job hop because they are in high demand.. =)

Overgeneralising, you! Tsk!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    No leh. Some of the really smart FT like to job hop because they are in high demand.. =)

Overgeneralising, you! Tsk!
    If they are really smart... they will never write $1800 on the interview application form. then they will not compete with the 2nd lower and below honors students. of course. they would write $2k and above and singaporeans compete at a level playing field. Good. But some not really talented but with Msc FT will really write $1800. that becomes the problem, singaporean grads how to compete? HR and I look at the two application forms, one write $1800, the other write $2800. immediate save cost of $1000. really no contest. you can say the FT standard of English poor but the end of the day you are not hiring him to write poems. you are making him do real work.

you are also correct that some really talented like to job hop. but that is because they can afford to do so.

am I? please so many FT engineers like to work in singapore because, singapore pays well, a malaysian can get double or triple what he can get at home. And this is just malaysians, we have the indonesians, philipinos, vietnamese, they can so much higher pay here then elsewhere. So they like to stay...plus they like to work over time. singaporean engineers are considered pampered.

why job hop? you still need to get your PR. A FT would rather work long hours, clock more OT and justify the PR application. singapore is clean, transportation is good.

If night86mare said you are wrong, then you better admit you are wrong.

For he had never been wrong before.
    Just like our beloved poor elite ministers.

This thread is really too much....
    Almost over 10 pages....and only night86mare is the only one who realised and truly understand our minister's plight.

I'm so glad that finally someone like him is able to pinpoint the faults you guys have!

He got my respect.

Okie, back to your topic....
    You are ranting about FT's pay over local grad pay.
    Com'on.....

i'm sure night86mare will agree with me for the following reasons:

1. Globalisation.
    This word keep surfacing and repeating over and over again.
    Regardless in newsprint, TV or radio news...you will hear this word like someone calling you dear.

This chant word is necessary...so that your sub-consious mind will slowly get used with this word and soon you will find yourself....immerse with the globalisation living conditions.

2. Competition
    This is the second word that you will keep hearing.
    Competition from China and India is no stranger for you.
    You are so used to listen this phrase and now you can spell the sentence backwards also no problem.

This word have to keep reminding you that we need competition to make us more hungry, make us more competitive....make us feel more ambitious....and lastly...make us feel we must retain our no.1 status in Asia.

Only this word will keep us alive.

3. Help the Poor
    This phrase become the hot topic for the past few months.
    Ever since the NKF incident.....this phrase is getting popular.

The poor deserves to get help.
    Which is why, you will keep hearing raising cost, price hikes, pay increment....is to help the poor.

Even the real poor have to work first before they can get their workfare bonus!

Everyone must see a bigger picture.
    No hikes means no help to the poor.

And also,
    By opening the flood gate to F.T., we are actually indirectly helping the poor.
    The FTs live in singapore, eat in spore, and spend in spore.

It is a no-brainer plan by importing so many talents to singapore will help us economically.
    Without these FTs, our country will be doom......back to third world state.

Do you wish to see that???

So you see a bigger picture now?
    We must be grateful for our elite system that allow us to realise we are living in one of the finest country in Asia.

Props dude, you have a very fulfilling life.

I do not have so much time to write long essays.. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    I think it's just pacing way to increase ministries pay again
    wonder if we can do some outsourcing or bring in some foreign telent on this area? competition is always good erh? maybe Minister level is too difficult... how about MOS, MPs , etc ?? anyway our strategy is always "if wages is too high, then introduce foreign telent.."

Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    If night86mare said you are wrong, then you better admit you are wrong.

For he had never been wrong before.
    Just like our beloved poor elite ministers.

This thread is really too much....
    Almost over 10 pages....and only night86mare is the only one who realised and truly understand our minister's plight.

I'm so glad that finally someone like him is able to pinpoint the faults you guys have!

He got my respect.

Okie, back to your topic....
    You are ranting about FT's pay over local grad pay.
    Com'on.....

i'm sure night86mare will agree with me for the following reasons:

1. Globalisation.
    This word keep surfacing and repeating over and over again.
    Regardless in newsprint, TV or radio news...you will hear this word like someone calling you dear.

This chant word is necessary...so that your sub-consious mind will slowly get used with this word and soon you will find yourself....immerse with the globalisation living conditions.

2. Competition
    This is the second word that you will keep hearing.
    Competition from China and India is no stranger for you.
    You are so used to listen this phrase and now you can spell the sentence backwards also no problem.

This word have to keep reminding you that we need competition to make us more hungry, make us more competitive....make us feel more ambitious....and lastly...make us feel we must retain our no.1 status in Asia.

Only this word will keep us alive.

3. Help the Poor
    This phrase become the hot topic for the past few months.
    Ever since the NKF incident.....this phrase is getting popular.

The poor deserves to get help.
    Which is why, you will keep hearing raising cost, price hikes, pay increment....is to help the poor.

Even the real poor have to work first before they can get their workfare bonus!

Everyone must see a bigger picture.
    No hikes means no help to the poor.

And also,
    By opening the flood gate to F.T., we are actually indirectly helping the poor.
    The FTs live in singapore, eat in spore, and spend in spore.

It is a no-brainer plan by importing so many talents to singapore will help us economically.
    Without these FTs, our country will be doom......back to third world state.

Do you wish to see that???

So you see a bigger picture now?
    We must be grateful for our elite system that allow us to realise we are living in one of the finest country in Asia.

also we need to make more statues of our beloved ministers, like china and north korea, we should have big pictures of our leaders hanging on our walls and our offices.

We should install one huge statue in the middle of city hall or raffles place showing our great leader in a very charismatic pose.

we should have some new national songs singing about how our great leader have sacrificed his life carrying up and helping all the downtrodden masses in singapore to get better living conditions. without him maybe we still living in kampong.

you are right, I get the picture now. You are right.

also we need to make more statues of our beloved ministers, like china and north korea, we should have big pictures of our leaders hanging on our walls and our offices.

We should install one huge statue in the middle of city hall or raffles place showing our great leader in a very charismatic pose.

we should have some new national songs singing about how our great leader have sacrificed his life carrying up and helping all the downtrodden masses in singapore to get better living conditions. without him maybe we still living in kampong.

you are right, I get the picture now. You are right.
    How about erecting temples and worshipping our leaders as gods???

Say more, Wrong more.
    if u can beat them, join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    Say more, Wrong more.
    if u can beat them, join them.
    i seriously thinking of joining the civil service...so that i can contribute to the society

You sound like a North Korean.

you can say the FT standard of English poor but the end of the day you are not hiring him to write poems. you are making him do real work.
    So you have to write the poems yourself?

singapore engineers too pampered? Think again.....1.7k as salary for a diploma application engineer holding the role of supporting customers for 3 CAD and CAM softwares, training, Projects, IT administrator, Training material course writer, technical manual writer, office renovator......no OT pay but still stay overnight in office trying to rush out projects almost working from 9am to past midnight everyday and end of yr bonus still tell you only got 1/2 a month no aws......this kind of job who want to do can pls call me....I will be glad to let you take over my position.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpose View Post
    singapore engineers too pampered? Think again.....1.7k as salary for a diploma application engineer holding the role of supporting customers for 3 CAD and CAM softwares, training, Projects, IT administrator, Training material course writer, technical manual writer, office renovator......no OT pay but still stay overnight in office trying to rush out projects almost working from 9am to past midnight everyday and end of yr bonus still tell you only got 1/2 a month no aws......this kind of job who want to do can pls call me....I will be glad to let you take over my position.

Dude !! sounds like my job !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    So you have to write the poems yourself?

no lah.. i got young girl girl to write them for me.

Determining how much civil servants should be paid is very tricky, since there's no industry called a civil servant industry. Comparing across other countries also not quite right because of each countries economic structures. So the criteria at which salaries should be determined is not clear to the public.

Here's a photo of the chart I found on my friend's site.

Personally feel that the salaries of the occupations that are listed are definitely the elite individuals in that particular field. No point comparing against people who just grad and starting work as engineers.

If you follow business or are in business related fields, you would know that for a fact that the ministers are indeed paid lower than the private sectors. For that reason, I would urge people who want to make big money, and I mean BIG, not to go be a civil servant.

Back to the point of increasing salaries to retain talent. That might not be the appropriate solution. If increasing salary is the solution, private companies can easily increase theirs to snatch talent away.

I just don't get it.

For all those people who complain here, did you vote for the opposition?

Every election people still vote for ***.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I just don't get it.

as if most people here get to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    as if most people here get to vote.
    I voted for BSP (Beef Satay Party).

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I voted for BSP (Beef Satay Party).
    but i haven't even set it up yet!

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I just don't get it.

*** as in Pay And Pray?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast