Thread: Focus

Default Focus

Hi.. i seems got a problem with my cam focus.... i set my focus to center(single area),but after shooting i notice the area tat was focusing seems not sharp enough. Instead other object more to the bottom left is sharp. Why is tat so, can any bro explain

Default Re: focus

Quote Originally Posted by rjflo23 View Post
    Hi.. i seems got a problem with my cam focus.... i set my focus to center(single area),but after shooting i notice the area tat was focusing seems not sharp enough. Instead other object more to the bottom left is sharp. Why is tat so, can any bro explain
    Could be a back-focusing issue.

Try it on a printed piece of paper, aim for the centre using a maximum aperture you can set to, the bigger the better (i.e. f2.8)

Then shoot a image (use a tripod to minimise hand movement) If your image shows that the portion rear to where you focused at is sharp, then it's back-focusing. If it shows the portion in front is sharp, then it's front-focusing. You may then have to bring it back to the service centre for more checks.

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Could be a back-focusing issue.

Try it on a printed piece of paper, aim for the centre using a maximum aperture you can set to, the bigger the better (i.e. f2.8)

Then shoot a image (use a tripod to minimise hand movement) If your image shows that the portion rear to where you focused at is sharp, then it's back-focusing. If it shows the portion in front is sharp, then it's front-focusing. You may then have to bring it back to the service centre for more checks.
    Printed piece of paper meaning blank white ? or somthing tat has image on it

Quote Originally Posted by rjflo23 View Post
    Printed piece of paper meaning blank white ? or somthing tat has image on it
    With printing....

or else use a ruler....

Canon EOS 30D w/ grip 580EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S 10-22mm
    :bsmilie: