Thread: What do you think?

Default What do you think?

The original

Adjust contrast with S curve

lower exposure with curve

Hello All, i have this shot taken and I would like to have your opinions what do you think and how to improve it. I have done two adjustment, one is on contrast, with S-curve, and one is to lower exposure..

for me, lower exposure seem have made the picture 'cleaner', but it somehow doesn't give me a 'morning' feel.. what do you think?

Feel free to ps the photo to show what you think...
    Last edited by LENS; 23rd March 2007 at 03:02 PM.

Default Re: What do you think?

neither... the overblown sky kills the image.

among the 3, i prefer the original 1...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    neither... the overblown sky kills the image.

among the 3, i prefer the original 1...
    thanks DCA, actually i think that's how morning should be, overblown sky ha.. I would really like to capture the morning lighting..

anyone can give more comments.. is this thread ok to move to 'critique'?

See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

actually i am not trying to get 'right exposure' on every corner =) since i think contrast in some photo bring out the atmosphere..

the 2nd picture is really quite noisy.. guess maybe the original is good enough and no more ps is needed?

Quote Originally Posted by LENS View Post
    is this thread ok to move to 'critique'?
    No. Critique allows you to post 1 photo.

Quote Originally Posted by LENS View Post
    actually i am not trying to get 'right exposure' on every corner =) since i think contrast in some photo bring out the atmosphere..
    the 2nd picture is really quite noisy.. guess maybe the original is good enough and no more ps is needed?
    I am not sure what kind effect you want.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    No. Critique allows you to post 1 photo.

I am not sure what kind effect you want.
    well, i am just thinking is any room of improvement for this photo, how other people will do..

my take...

the shadows are more intense but the details like the faces are not blacked out...the colours are more saturated, especially the buildings on the right which are warmer and this shows the dawn atmosphere...and the top right and bottom left corners are slightly darkened off for greater focus (for the viewing eye, not as in camera focusing) and depth to the image...

anyone think my original take is a good-enough photo? that doesn't need much post-processing?

by the way thanks RBK for sharing his take!

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    my take...

the shadows are more intense but the details like the faces are not blacked out...the colours are more saturated, especially the buildings on the right which are warmer and this shows the dawn atmosphere...and the top right and bottom left corners are slightly darkened off for greater focus (for the viewing eye, not as in camera focusing) and depth to the image...
    this is very well done.... can share how it is done?