Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: How to shoot the display of the handphone

  1. #1

    Default How to shoot the display of the handphone

    [/IMG]


    Dear Guys,

    How do i go abt shooting the display of the phone properly? AS u can see in the picture above, it's certainly not clear enough. I've taken this pix with a tripod. So it's surely not because of handshake that it's blur.

    Btw, the display was taken on a 2nd shot where i turned off all lights. Took the pic (of the display) and paste it on the original via Photoshop.

    Thanks
    Last edited by iltriumph; 21st March 2007 at 06:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    2 shots

    1 for screen

    and

    1 for product

  3. #3

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    i did liow leh. But can't seem to be able to shoot the display properly. What's the problem here?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    sing a pore
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    shoot the screen first
    then shoot the phone
    thereafter merge together in PS


    for me i rest the phone on the table
    tripod with cam point down
    long exposure abt 30.
    4.5
    manual without flash.

    yea its actualy very easy

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    Quote Originally Posted by iltriumph View Post
    [/IMG]


    Dear Guys,

    How do i go abt shooting the display of the phone properly? AS u can see in the picture above, it's certainly not clear enough. I've taken this pix with a tripod. So it's surely not because of handshake that it's blur.

    Btw, the display was taken on a 2nd shot where i turned off all lights. Took the pic (of the display) and paste it on the original via Photoshop.

    Thanks
    your angle seem ok to shoot direct already... seems like you did not use any flash.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    you off the screen first, take a shot, check for any reflection on the screen.
    if yes, reposition your light till see no reflection.
    than turn the screen on, off all ambient light, shoot without the flash, see how long exposure you need to see the screen clearly.
    finally, off all ambient and shoot with flash, plus long shutter speed.

    all in one shot, no need photoshop.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    I find it very easy, just take out the camera, make sure that the handphone is under well lighted condition, when you shoot, make sure that there is no reflection on the display. Due to raster scan of the display, don't use speed faster than 1/20: First picture taken by Nikon D40, second picture taken by a P&S Sony W5, the speed was set to 1/15, and third picture was taken by the same Sony with speed of 1/80. Mustn't use flash or else will have reflection on the screen.

    All shots taken in the office under normal lighting:

    This is taken by D40, can't remember the setting of the camera:


    This was taken using P&S Sony W5 with speed set to 1/15, handheld:


    This was taken by the same Sony but speed at 1/80, you can see the raster scan of the display:


    I am not an expert, jsut to share my experience. May be you can try to just shoot and see the result. Hope this will help.

  8. #8

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    Dear Guys,

    Thanks for the input. I'll go and try again.

  9. #9

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    Dear guys,

    I've tried again and the results are positive.

    Thank u all again for taking time to teach. Appreciate it much

  10. #10

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    Quote Originally Posted by iltriumph View Post
    Dear guys,

    I've tried again and the results are positive.

    Thank u all again for taking time to teach. Appreciate it much
    Hi,

    If you don't mind I ask how you did it? taking 2 shots then cut and paste or just shoot in good lighting condition? Any special setting of speed?

  11. #11

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    i think mine the white balance is off, but the screen pretty sharp?


  12. #12

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    Just wondering if a circular polarizer will work in such instances? Hmm...
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

  13. #13

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    Quote Originally Posted by poh6702 View Post
    Hi,

    If you don't mind I ask how you did it? taking 2 shots then cut and paste or just shoot in good lighting condition? Any special setting of speed?

    Took the guys' advice about shooting below 1/8th second. 2 shots and then cut and paste.

  14. #14

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    actually, the way its done in the industry is to take the phone with the screen off, then fit in (or rather "strip-in") an image of the screen generated from computer, either by the DI or graphic artist or from a screen or background generating software...that's why the screens look so good...also, that's why there is always a disclaimer in the ads that the screen image is generated...

  15. #15

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGdUb View Post
    i think mine the white balance is off, but the screen pretty sharp?

    Just curious, what phone is that? Looks nice!

  16. #16

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    A bit of Lightroom and walah!


  17. #17
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    Is it a Nokia E series symbian phone? Looks like it.

  18. #18

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    actually, the way its done in the industry is to take the phone with the screen off, then fit in (or rather "strip-in") an image of the screen generated from computer, either by the DI or graphic artist or from a screen or background generating software...that's why the screens look so good...also, that's why there is always a disclaimer in the ads that the screen image is generated...
    Yah.. in those cases, the screens are usually showing a very high resolution which the real LCD is not even capable of.

  19. #19

    Default Re: How to shoot the display of the handphone

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Yah.. in those cases, the screens are usually showing a very high resolution which the real LCD is not even capable of.
    as long as look good can already mah... they trying to sell phone, not report news

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •