Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photoshop CS3 launch

Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

Amazon should be able to offer the best price.

Quote Originally Posted by posez View Post
    Aiyoh, the expected release prices are prohibitively high. No wonder people go pirated. Horrible for those of us who actually want to buy original software
    There is no excuse to use illegitimate version at all.. It's amountable to stealing or buying stolen goods from thieves, why should you fund thieves? How would you feel if a burglar broke into your house, too kaway all your valuables and sell... for example, 32" LCD TV-$200, D80 Kit-$200, 70-200/2.8VR-$300... etc.. You get my point? The thieves don't own any of these.. any price he sells at is at his profit... but at the expense of the owner. Or another analogy is you find people selling the images you put up in Flickr for a price, you own the images but someone else is profiting out of it... How would you feel?

Remember.. programmers need to be paid, tech support needs to be paid.. How else can you get such a great software which took so many years to develop to what it is now?

I used to use GIMP, now I use the OEM version of Photoshop Elements 5.0 which I obtained recently from Challenger for $59 (now $49) and already has most of what I need and makes my workflow slightly faster than with GIMP. My wife has the academic version of CS2 which we painfully afford, I'll borrow her notebook to use it when there is a need to, otherwise, PSE 5.0 is more than sufficient for most of what I do.

Just pay a bit more for the OEM version of PSE 5.0 and you get peace of mind. It's all in the mindset of people. Just need to remember that people who knowingly buy into piracy makes them a partner in crime.

I am also amazed that even educated working professionals buy into piracy.. What I feel is that if they can't afford it, then they should not use it.. These people have no sense of guilt at all!! I wish for these people to get burgled and later find their expensive belongings selling dirt cheap in eBay! That should give them a taste of what it's like to support theft of software!!
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 10th April 2007 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoa View Post
    Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the version shown below and the Photoshop CS3 Beta version?

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q.../PSCS3EXTD.jpg

Any user experience how smooth it is running with a G5 PPC? (I know it runs rather smoothly on the intel MacBook, just tried it with 2G RAM)

TIA

cocoa
    Call Adobe tech support.. They are very helpful and they will be able to answer your questions much better than most of us here. You have already paid for it when you buy original software.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 10th April 2007 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoa View Post
    Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the version shown below and the Photoshop CS3 Beta version?

Any user experience how smooth it is running with a G5 PPC? (I know it runs rather smoothly on the intel MacBook, just tried it with 2G RAM)

TIA

cocoa
    that version, Photoshop CS3 Extended, has not been realeased yet... probably only in adobe itself have worked with it...doubt adobe Singapore people have... try the adobe forum on their website

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    that version, Photoshop CS3 Extended, has not been realeased yet... probably only in adobe itself have worked with it...doubt adobe Singapore people have... try the adobe forum on their website
    My bad. yeah, while that was running live , I forgot that it is not supposed to be available yet. wait another few weeks then.

Quote Originally Posted by Niccon View Post
    Student question

“What happens after I graduate? If a new version comes out that I want to buy, do I have to buy the full new retail version or can I save money and just buy the retail upgrade?”
    Answer

You are able to continue to use your Education version serial number when you leave school to upgrade to future commercially priced versions if you want to, rather than having to buy the next “full” version. So you save money now while you are a student, and also after you graduate!

But it didn't say what is the cost for the upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by Sukoo View Post
    But it didn't say what is the cost for the upgrade...
    Just buy the 'upgrade' version which cost much less than the full retail version.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post

I used to use GIMP, now I use the OEM version of Photoshop Elements 5.0 which I obtained recently from Challenger for $59 (now $49) and already has most of what I need and makes my workflow slightly faster than with GIMP. My wife has the academic version of CS2 which we painfully afford, I'll borrow her notebook to use it when there is a need to, otherwise, PSE 5.0 is more than sufficient for most of what I do.
    Hi,

If I'm not wrong, 1 serial key would allow you to install onto 2 systems (i.e. 1 desktop, 1 laptop).

I activated my copy of Studio 8 onto 2 systems - that was what the Adobe tech support told me...

More info: http://www.adobe.com/products/activation/
    The activation process supports installation on two machines. The Adobe product license agreement allows the primary user to install the product on a primary computer and also on a home or laptop computer for his or her use, provided that the two copies are not used simultaneously. While the activation process supports installing and activating Adobe software on two machines, the usage of the product on the second computer is restricted to the user who licensed the software. Allowing others to use a second copy of the software violates the product license agreement.
    Last edited by SNAG; 14th April 2007 at 10:42 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123