Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: Photoshop CS3 launch

  1. #21

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    So will there be a price reduction on the CS2?

  2. #22

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Quote Originally Posted by Sukoo View Post
    So will there be a price reduction on the CS2?

    was told price is going to go UP

  3. #23

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    CS3 coming in April 18...at least some of the packages...just went to Funan and snooped around to check out some sources

  4. #24

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    CS3 Beta user here. Kickass interface and UI improvement. Improved brightness and contrast which affect just midtones instead of entire image. Non-destructive filtering, you can apply filters as adjustment layers! Some improvements over features introduced in CS2.
    Some bugs with interpolation during reduction. If you reduce a big image to considerably small, it pixelates, doesn't happen in previous versions.
    There are a lot of videos on youtube. Check them out.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Ds View Post
    was told price is going to go UP

    Why so?

  6. #26

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Guys, I've a few questions pertaining to the CS3 Photoshop Academic Edition.

    1. I understand it's meant for academic staff/students. How about individuals using for personal use and not commercial?

    2. For an academic student who purchases the Photoshop CS3 academic edition while enrolled, what happens when he/she graduates and is no longer a student? Must he/she purchase the standard edition? Will he/she be able to purchase the Upgrade edition?

    Thanks!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Dun play play, U

    1. Personal should not be buying academics edition. U must use the STANDARD.

    2. If U do not belong to any academic/educational entity anymore, U are not suppose to continue this edition.

    I do not know if Adobe scans pictures randomly to check on individual, but let me tell U my experience that a 3D software company ACTUALLY came knocking on my door after my on-line registration weeks ago. They found everything inorder & offered me new passwords to continue using the software- Yes passwords within passwords! Software companies can detect & getting into investigation if 2 images of obvious different user share the same code.

    I also learned that your Image contains informations birthmarked to your computer. Good thing is, if someone abuse your copyright, this shall serve as proof that U're the creator.

    If things go the other way round, which I suspect many CSers are doing, good luck


    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Guys, I've a few questions pertaining to the CS3 Photoshop Academic Edition.

    1. I understand it's meant for academic staff/students. How about individuals using for personal use and not commercial?

    2. For an academic student who purchases the Photoshop CS3 academic edition while enrolled, what happens when he/she graduates and is no longer a student? Must he/she purchase the standard edition? Will he/she be able to purchase the Upgrade edition?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Volks; 2nd April 2007 at 02:03 PM.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Quote Originally Posted by Volks View Post
    Dun play play, U

    1. Personal should not be buying academics edition. U must use the STANDARD.

    2. If U do not belong to any academic/educational entity anymore, U are not suppose to dis-continue this edition.

    I do not know if Adobe is scan pictures randomly to check on individual, but let me tell U my experience that a 3D software company ACTUALLY came knocking on my door after my on-line registration weeks ago. They found everything inorder & offered me new passwords to continue using the software- Yes passwords within passwords!

    I also learned that your Image contains informations birthmarked to your computer. Good thing is, if someone abuse your copyright, this shall serve as proof that U're the creator.

    If things go the other way round, which I suspect many CSers are doing, good luck
    Thanks for the feedback. The standard edition it is then...

  9. #29

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Quote Originally Posted by Sukoo View Post
    Why so?
    maybe its because they offer free upgrade to CS3... saw that on the boxes at some shops... that is, buy Photoshop CS2 now and get CS3 when it comes out...

  10. #30

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Hi,

    Does any one know if Adobe have a price for upgrade from CS2 to CS3 ?

    tks

  11. #31

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Quote Originally Posted by ganand01 View Post
    Hi,

    Does any one know if Adobe have a price for upgrade from CS2 to CS3 ?

    tks
    yes...how much, you have to inquire from the shops... they should have just gone for a briefing by Adobe...

  12. #32

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Aiyoh, the expected release prices are prohibitively high. No wonder people go pirated. Horrible for those of us who actually want to buy original software

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Will Photoshop CS2 price drop after CS3 launch??
    用眼去看, 用心拍攝! :D

  14. #34

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Quote Originally Posted by posez View Post
    Aiyoh, the expected release prices are prohibitively high. No wonder people go pirated. Horrible for those of us who actually want to buy original software
    I was very intrigued to bite the bullet with the CS3. But I just can't seem to be able to justify paying $1000++ for a software of which more than half are features I'll never use (unless I change lines and become a graphic artist!).

    For this reason, I'm sticking with Gimp, a poor man's photoshop.

  15. #35
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Quote Originally Posted by posez View Post
    Aiyoh, the expected release prices are prohibitively high. No wonder people go pirated. Horrible for those of us who actually want to buy original software
    This should not be taken as a reason or excuse for going illegitimate. There are always alternative or even 'Photoshop Elements'


    Gunbucker is one positive example here
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    For this reason, I'm sticking with Gimp, a poor man's photoshop.

  16. #36
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  17. #37

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Quote Originally Posted by skyboy View Post
    Will Photoshop CS2 price drop after CS3 launch??

    No, they will return the CS2 and exchange for the CS3 as told by the store.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Guys, I've a few questions pertaining to the CS3 Photoshop Academic Edition.


    2. For an academic student who purchases the Photoshop CS3 academic edition while enrolled, what happens when he/she graduates and is no longer a student? Must he/she purchase the standard edition? Will he/she be able to purchase the Upgrade edition?

    Thanks!
    Student question

    “What happens after I graduate? If a new version comes out that I want to buy, do I have to buy the full new retail version or can I save money and just buy the retail upgrade?”
    Answer

    You are able to continue to use your Education version serial number when you leave school to upgrade to future commercially priced versions if you want to, rather than having to buy the next “full” version. So you save money now while you are a student, and also after you graduate!

    from : http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/faq.html

  19. #39

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Quote Originally Posted by Niccon View Post
    Student question

    “What happens after I graduate? If a new version comes out that I want to buy, do I have to buy the full new retail version or can I save money and just buy the retail upgrade?”
    Answer

    You are able to continue to use your Education version serial number when you leave school to upgrade to future commercially priced versions if you want to, rather than having to buy the next “full” version. So you save money now while you are a student, and also after you graduate!

    from : http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/faq.html
    I'm a student now ...in case anyone interested, Production Premium is $928 student price (or was it $926...around there...cannot remember exactly )

  20. #40

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 launch

    Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the version shown below and the Photoshop CS3 Beta version?



    Any user experience how smooth it is running with a G5 PPC? (I know it runs rather smoothly on the intel MacBook, just tried it with 2G RAM)

    TIA

    cocoa
    Last edited by cocoa; 9th April 2007 at 10:37 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •