Thread: Help for Print!

Exclamation Help for Print!

I have an image, resolution is 2336 X 3504, 300 dpi. What is the maximum size i can print to? I initally wanted to print A0 poster but seems like the image is too small! How how how?!?! A1 can?

Default Re: Help for Print!

mayb can try to set to 200dpi to print... doesnt always need to b 300dpi... and do abit of interpolation to increase the printing size bit by bit...to A1 or A0... smtime printing big poster or banner they r not actually sharp jus tat they r place on the wall or building whe ppl cant see it in close distance so they look like they r sharp... Jus my 2 cents...

thx thx. I went to Image>Image Size and i just blow it up to 841mm X 1189mm, 300dpi. the resample image-bi cubic is checked. am i doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by xiaobai View Post
    mayb can try to set to 200dpi to print... doesnt always need to b 300dpi... and do abit of interpolation to increase the printing size bit by bit...to A1 or A0...
    see his reply, interpolate bit by bit will be better than doing it all at once. increase slowly. at least that's what i've been told.
    Last edited by skopio; 20th March 2007 at 11:04 PM.

increase the file by 10% each time until you reach the necessary size...but how big you can print also depends on the sharpness of the original image...

Normally to print that big, you may wish to retain 300 dpi on your file resolution. You can go as big as you want but pixelation may occur. One software that we normally use for enlargement is Genuine Fractal from OneSoft (if i remember correctly) together with Photoshop. It goes as high as 500% increament (step by step) but you still get pixelation.

How good the picture comes out from an A0 print depends how good your original picture is (eg. noise and softness) may affect the picture too. Also, if you stand 1 m away from the enlarged picture, it may not that bad too....it's subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by damien.s View Post
    One software that we normally use for enlargement is Genuine Fractal from OneSoft (if i remember correctly) together with Photoshop. It goes as high as 500% increament (step by step) but you still get pixelation.
    actually its from onOne Software...but it is a good software for expanding...