Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angkor Wat

Default Re: Angkor Wat

no need flash in most cases unless you taking self portraits or group photo and got no choice but is back lighted. pop up flash will suffice in most cases. (unless your lens so big that cause a shadow )

http://picasaweb.google.com/yanyewkay/ quite a number of the pics are taken while on a tuktuk.

give you an advise.. skip the angkor night market. if you MUST visit, ask the tuktuk or driver to wait outside for 5 mins while you go in to look around.

I went there with only a 17-55. more than enough, then again depends on what you shoot.

the night skies are really beautiful for star gazing. if you into astro, bring your binos.
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 28th March 2007 at 11:52 AM.

only can use USD ar?

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    no need flash in most cases unless you taking self portraits or group photo and got no choice but is back lighted. pop up flash will suffice in most cases. (unless your lens so big that cause a shadow )

http://picasaweb.google.com/yanyewkay/ quite a number of the pics are taken while on a tuktuk.

give you an advise.. skip the angkor night market. if you MUST visit, ask the tuktuk or driver to wait outside for 5 mins while you go in to look around.

I went there with only a 17-55. more than enough, then again depends on what you shoot.

the night skies are really beautiful for star gazing. if you into astro, bring your binos.

thanks for the advice,
    my frend told me tuk tuk very unstable and spend a bit more rent a car.
    but i will definitely try tuk tuk, since i wanna on the go take some snapshots.
    yours pictures are great, but TOO LITTLE!!
    The skies are great!
    Realised u never take much of close up of the ruins, which I am reading now.
    wat is good to buy?

becos my accomodation, a home stay, offer packages for guided tour, so not sure if i should take it up or go for tuk tuk and self-explore.
    u know most importantly, the guide/driver must be patient and wait for me while i snap away.

Quote Originally Posted by mybearbrick View Post
    thanks for the advice,
    my frend told me tuk tuk very unstable and spend a bit more rent a car.
    but i will definitely try tuk tuk, since i wanna on the go take some snapshots.
    yours pictures are great, but TOO LITTLE!!
    The skies are great!
    Realised u never take much of close up of the ruins, which I am reading now.
    wat is good to buy?

becos my accomodation, a home stay, offer packages for guided tour, so not sure if i should take it up or go for tuk tuk and self-explore.
    u know most importantly, the guide/driver must be patient and wait for me while i snap away.
    My time (before budget airline started), my wife and I hired a personal tour guide and driver to tour around the Angkor Wat. We found that the tour guide is good and they can provide a lot of useful history information of the places. As for personal driver, we can go any place or back to hotel to rest anytime . During our time, we went back hotel to rest during noon time due to extreme hot weather. We went back to Angkor in the afternoon.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    My time (before budget airline started), my wife and I hired a personal tour guide and driver to tour around the Angkor Wat. We found that the tour guide is good and they can provide a lot of useful history information of the places. As for personal driver, we can go any place or back to hotel to rest anytime . During our time, we went back hotel to rest during noon time due to extreme hot weather. We went back to Angkor in the afternoon.
    i not sure my partner can take it or not, but im sure i can even with all the heavy equipment plus bottled water on me after my day shoots at punggol.
    anyway, u got some decent shots there especially the classic scene: http://megaweb.clubsnap.org/20d/siem...emreap_054.htm
    but still not enough pics of the reliefs...
    i think i read too many from guide book documenting the reliefs liao, such that every scene seems interesting especially the mythological ones.

my 5 days all on TUK TUK if you're allergic to sand, bring a mask. But I felt it wasn't really that bad. Even though I was engulfed in sand every time a bus overtook us.

I only got the tuktuk driver, no guide. But guides will provide more insight during the visits, though I feel some guides were bullshitting his clients while I was there.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

There are some good deeds you can do if you want to help the ppl there. My friend went over with boxes of old clothes, biscuits and stuff. They max out their 20KG ticket allowance and went to distribute the old clothes and stuff there. It really made the people there happy.

I only learnt about it after I came back.. else I would have done the same.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by mybearbrick View Post
    now is my turn to visit Angkor Wat,
    flying this Sunday morning and returning on Friday morning.

thanks to the tips,
    I sure hope my guide book will help me around if I decide to slowly explore and take pictures.
    I am bringing a 17-50mm and loaned a 70-300mm. 2GB+2GB+1GB+1GB+1GB. Is that good enough?
    My partner will be bringing a PNS compact.
    I haven't got a flash? is one need to shoot the carvings?
    Your memory cards should be able to last you if you are taking in JPG.

For myself, I took 2 lens (17-55 and 105mm) and a 1.7TC. If you are going to Tonle Sap, the 70-300 should come in pretty useful.

You may like to take a look at some of my works HERE.

All the best for your trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    Your memory cards should be able to last you if you are taking in JPG.

For myself, I took 2 lens (17-55 and 105mm) and a 1.7TC. If you are going to Tonle Sap, the 70-300 should come in pretty useful.

You may like to take a look at some of my works HERE.

All the best for your trip!!!

yeah, i plan to visit tonle sap too..
    now im sure the 70-300mm that ive loaned is gonna come in handy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12