Thread: How do you store/take care of your books

Default How do you store/take care of your books

Recently I open up my bookshelve to pass some books to my friend. Darn frustrated to find out my collections of sci-fi / fantasy series has turned yellowish with brown spots. The bookshelve has a glassdoor and generally the room is pretty warm from constant baking of the sun. $$$ wasted.... dunno how the heck it happened.

So how do you take care of your prized possession?

Default Re: How do you store/take care of your books

strip the book and scan

Put a dehuminifier in the room?

Quote Originally Posted by jusnapit View Post
    Recently I open up my bookshelve to pass some books to my friend. Darn frustrated to find out my collections of sci-fi / fantasy series has turned yellowish with brown spots. The bookshelve has a glassdoor and generally the room is pretty warm from constant baking of the sun. $$$ wasted.... dunno how the heck it happened.

So how do you take care of your prized possession?
    air con room with drying agent... if really prized, maybe will buy a dry cabi... cos sell can buy many cabi + long term power supply...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfghjkl View Post
    strip the book and scan
    Errr.... defeat the purpose of keeping books. The feeling of having a book on hand and flipping the crispy pages defeats online reading anytime.

I'd go with the dehumidifier. If not, get those Hippo Dehumidifier which you can get at supermarkets. You simply tear away the plastic on top, put it on your shelf and remember to replace once in 1-1.5months. Remember to keep the glass-doors closed.

Quote Originally Posted by cityofangels View Post
    I'd go with the dehumidifier. If not, get those Hippo Dehumidifier which you can get at supermarkets. You simply tear away the plastic on top, put it on your shelf and remember to replace once in 1-1.5months. Remember to keep the glass-doors closed.
    Noted, will give the hippo a try. I don't think i can fit a dehumidifier into the shelve, especially with the power cable sticking out, don't think i want any drilling.