Funny. Its really out of point. But I have no where to yell out to, so I reckon clubsnap would be a good place having so many readers.
The toyota crown taxis are just pieces of terrible transportation vehicle. For those who know a little about cars should agree completely. Here's why I feel so.
1) The suspension is way underdamped. Even the newer unblown dampers are still extremely bouncy. Add this together with their springy seats, its just pogo stick ride. The suspension bottoms out on almost every undulation and it'll hit the end of its travel with a huge thunk. I dont think I ever felt its bump stops. They are non existant.
2) The diesel is just so old school. I think the newer Toyota Vans have better engines. But no doubt they run forever. The engines are torquey, but... extremely noisy and gruff.
Thank god...... the newer breed of taxis are excellent. Sometimes I wish I could buy them as personal cars. The newer sonatas, camrys, E class, Skodas, VWs all have new age turbo diesels that will out run most regular family saloons without a sweat. The skoda will do 0-100 in under 9 seconds, 60-120 probably quicker than a celica, camry, legacy. Their suspension are well damped and the seats pack quite a bit of support.
Since I'm at this topic... some bad habits I notice from taxi drivers.
1) Completely disregard the use of 1st gear, sometimes 2nd gear, and often 5th gear also. They seem to be able to drive through 0 - 100kph on 3rd and 4th gear, through excessive half clutching.
2) Not slowing down at speed bumps (fine , if I'm in the hurry).
3) Exercising their right feet by pumping the accelerator on even on straight roads. Accelerate , release, accelerate , release....
Sometimes I wished I took the bus. Wanna puke man.