Thread: Printing photos using colour laser printer

Default Printing photos using colour laser printer

Hi. I recently bought a colour laser printer. When I print photos, the photos usually come out quite under-exposed and dull, whereas on my LCD monitor they look quite good. When I printed previously on colour ink jet printers, the colour is also better.

Do you know what are the reasons for this? Is there anyway I can print vibrant photos using colour laser printers?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Default Re: Printing photos using colour laser printer

it is possible to get great photos.. but it's usually apparant only on the high-end laser printers... in general laser printers have not reached the quality of ink jets and dye subs when it comes to printing photos...

the toner in laser printers is actually just powder, compared to the ink used in other printers.. this makes it hard for the printer to mix the powder properly to achieve the right colours and smooth gradients...

HOWEVER, laser printers are better in other ways because the toner does not bleed (aka smudge into the paper) unlike inkjets.. that's y when it comes to office documents like bar charts and other simple images, colour lasers will come out tops..
    Canon EOS 30D w/ grip 580EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S 10-22mm
    :bsmilie:

Another thing is u need to calibrate so that camera=monitor=printer (colours)

Quote Originally Posted by franky View Post
    Another thing is u need to calibrate so that camera=monitor=printer (colours)
    Hi. Thanks. How do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0000123 View Post
    Hi. Thanks. How do I do that?
    Get one of those spyder2 pro thing from Cathay to calib your monitor.

Then get PS your photo till the colour u like, get it print by a prof printer co, without they adjusting it further. Then compare with your laser print out.

adjust adjust the the laser color ...till...like your test print....

Else, search in the web for calibrating photo/monitor...

But I calibrated my monitor and used the same profile for the printer and scanner. The colours seem to be rather off...

Quote Originally Posted by cantaresg View Post
    But I calibrated my monitor and used the same profile for the printer and scanner. The colours seem to be rather off...
    when you calibrate your monitor, you are taking readings from your monitor and adjusting it so as to standardize what you see on the screen...thus, this adjustment works only for that particular monitor, not your scanner or your printer...heck, it won't even work for another monitor...

to calibrate your printer like that is gonna be very siong on your ink...be aware before you try...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    when you calibrate your monitor, you are taking readings from your monitor and adjusting it so as to standardize what you see on the screen...thus, this adjustment works only for that particular monitor, not your scanner or your printer...heck, it won't even work for another monitor...

to calibrate your printer like that is gonna be very siong on your ink...be aware before you try...

bro how to calibrate my printer ?