Thread: can anyone tell me which image tank is good ?

Default can anyone tell me which image tank is good ?

hi guys, i wanna get a good image tank which i can store/upload my pix into it....so that i dun need to bring so many 512 MB CF out for a BP / Zoo shoots... which brand or which is the best in town now ? and must be able to power up by AA batteries....

TIA
    Last edited by kindred; 6th March 2003 at 02:24 AM.

If you are trigger happy, i think u will need a 60GB HDD for your Image Tank. Why not think and compose well before you press that shutter release? This way, you need not have to use a Image Tank as your 512MB CF will be sufficient. Trigger happy does not means good sometimes...put yr mind to work in photography. Digital can speed up learning curves only as it can give you instance review of what you want to know.

unless i am going for a round-the-world tour for 2 weeks and above....dun think i will need a image tank....i will rather get many 512MB CF or bring a small and light laptop (like my one)...can store/edit/view pictures...
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by Wai
    unless i am going for a round-the-world tour for 2 weeks and above....dun think i will need a image tank....i will rather get many 512MB CF or bring a small and light laptop (like my one)...can store/edit/view pictures...
    Listen to Wai and buy a small and portable Laptop. When you want to sell it, let me be the first one to know!!!

Buy Buy Buy...then Sell Sell Sell!!!

Kindred, just to answer yr Q.

I am actually using this device called Super Digibin. It is an external hardrive 20GB that accepts CF cards.

As for its usefulness, I find it a lot better and handy to carry when I travel as oppose to a laptop (when on vacation).

This device is rechargeable, tells u how many megs there are left in the drive etc.

U can look at the website of leadingspec.com if I am not wrong. This device will set up back around S$500 if u do purchase one.

It can be bought (sometime back) at this shop called Memory World in Funan and Sim Lim.

I highly recommend the light laptop for vacations more than 1 wk.

It allows u to store and edit images along the way. Quite fun.

Just curious, do pple bring their laptops when on vacation? How many out there?

Originally posted by jeff chen
    Just curious, do pple bring their laptops when on vacation? How many out there?
    yup. with a laptop you can have 1 copy in harddisk and burn backup to CD-RW (or copy keepers to a dedicated CF card). Also can view, decide whether to reshoot etc.

For imagetank type devices, I would trust it only if i had 2 imagetanks (1 for backup).

I wouldn't trust a single imagetank type device say with 2 weeks worth of pics of a once in lifetime African safari for example

Originally posted by erwinx

I wouldn't trust a single imagetank type device say with 2 weeks worth of pics of a once in lifetime African safari for example
    Gives you an excuse to go the second time mah
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Originally posted by erwinx
    yup. with a laptop you can have 1 copy in harddisk and burn backup to CD-RW (or copy keepers to a dedicated CF card). Also can view, decide whether to reshoot etc.
    Wah! So hard working during your vocation!

Actually, I bring nothing on my vacation except my mobile.

Have no fear, the image tank I was using is very reliable as I have been to several places with it. The images stored never got lost.

Anyway, it is always interesting to know that some pple bring their laptops on hols...

I am just joking only..... Hope I am not offended anyone!