Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Recommend a good card reader

  1. #1

    Default Recommend a good card reader

    What's a good card reader on the market now? I need one that can read all the usual formats (CF, SD, Ms Pro). Speed is a priority. Anyone can recommend any?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by biggulp View Post
    What's a good card reader on the market now? I need one that can read all the usual formats (CF, SD, Ms Pro). Speed is a priority. Anyone can recommend any?
    Try this
    除了爱, 我一无所有

  3. #3

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    Do you know which shops sell this? As well as the price?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boon Lay
    Posts
    218

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    I got the Sandisk Extreme III USB 2.0 Card Reader from SLS AJ Computer Accessories at $32 iirc.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Under the Son
    Posts
    2,685

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    get the firewire card reader, either sandisk/ lexar or delkin, u won't regret.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    495

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by xl1 View Post
    get the firewire card reader, either sandisk/ lexar or delkin, u won't regret.
    but the firewire versions are really expensive compared to the usb ones...
    if your cards are not so fast (like extreme III or equivalent) just get the extreme III usb reader.. good enough..
    Canon EOS 30D w/ grip 580EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S 10-22mm
    :bsmilie:

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelfin View Post
    but the firewire versions are really expensive compared to the usb ones...
    if your cards are not so fast (like extreme III or equivalent) just get the extreme III usb reader.. good enough..
    Firewire readers don't make full use of SD cards as well...

  8. #8
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by jervislim View Post
    I got the Sandisk Extreme III USB 2.0 Card Reader from SLS AJ Computer Accessories at $32 iirc.
    That is ...
    If not go to east gear and check out their multi card reader or delicated FW card reader for realli fast speed.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by jervislim View Post
    I got the Sandisk Extreme III USB 2.0 Card Reader from SLS AJ Computer Accessories at $32 iirc.

    Where is this AJ shop? Couldn't find it in SLS?
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Where is this AJ shop? Couldn't find it in SLS?
    can't remember which level, but it is right beside the evaluator...

    anyway i don see a need to spend extra on a FW card reader, unless you are one that count every sec of the transfer.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    can't remember which level, but it is right beside the evaluator...

    anyway i don see a need to spend extra on a FW card reader, unless you are one that count every sec of the transfer.
    OK...Tks...let me go try and locate it again cosz I walk from 3- 6 level yesterday but couldn't find the shop

    BTW, I already own one of this reader which I mail order from State side a few months back and it is a USB2.0 reader. Trying to help a friend to get hold of one in SG.
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

  12. #12

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    how is the Kingston 15-in-1 card reader? It cost $22 at Best Bargain SLS.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    I only can tell you to avoid combo reader. I mean card reader combo with (4 ports) USB hub.

    I have one and it sometimes doesn't read big files on the card successfully.

    My other card reader and separate USB hub both work well, but not a combo reader.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  15. #15
    Moderator Cactus jACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore (Kallang)
    Posts
    3,933
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default Re: Recommend a good card reader

    i've had some problem with some multi-in-1 card readers on macs even though they state that they are mac ready (not sure if others might have had the same experience)... if using mac, suggest sticking to sandisk or beikin.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •