Thread: merging pics in CS2.

Default merging pics in CS2.

i'd like to ask.. how do i put pics of same dimensions side by side without the obvious "sharp lines" separating the 2 pics? i tried using blur tools.. but doesn't seem to have any effect.. and btw, is there any nice plugin that i can use for creating fanciful borders around pics? thanks in advance for help..

Default Re: merging pics in CS2.

you might want to use gradient transparency to make the transition

- overlap the two
    - create a mask for the top pic
    - use gradient tool with black-white color and apply to the mask

other than that, i guess you will hv to imagine to know what effect you want to achieve and use photoshop to create

Quote Originally Posted by tqviet0327 View Post
    you might want to use gradient transparency to make the transition

- overlap the two
    - create a mask for the top pic
    - use gradient tool with black-white color and apply to the mask

other than that, i guess you will hv to imagine to know what effect you want to achieve and use photoshop to create

erm.. how do i create a mask for the top pic? sorry.. noob here..

then, i think you hv to go for help, search for "mask" and "gradient"

basically, mask is a thing that hide/reveal the layer you apply it. It has only black and white and gray tones, Black is hide, white is reveal, gray is hide/reveal in different transparency. When it hides the layer, it reveals the below layer. Click the mask icon on the layer pallette to apply the mask to the selected layer

Gradient is the gradual transition between one color to another. It has differnt types of gradient and you can add as many color as you want. you can use this tool to color an area

When you apply gradient to a mask, you can only have to color black and white and the tones in between (gray). This decide how much transition between this pic to another pic you want to have

Hope this helps a bit for your reading Help