Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 264

Thread: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    I beg to disagree, he was caustic to me even when I wasn't even commenting on his work.
    He attacked my polite constructive comments over one of Wisp's photos bec he disagreed with my point of view. There are better ways of voicing your disagreement.
    Your comments were anything but polite. You basically baited him and everybody over my thread. Anyway that's all in the past, and we actually agreed to let things be till you brought it up.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    I beg to disagree, he was caustic to me even when I wasn't even commenting on his work.
    He attacked my polite constructive comments over one of Wisp's photos bec he disagreed with my point of view. There are better ways of voicing your disagreement.
    Now that you mentioned it. He did the same thing to me, not my posts mind you.

    I guess all of us are still actually learning... like a student going thru school! He is like a 6As RI student trapped in EastView Secondary.... scary.. (note recent newspaper report..)
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

  3. #63
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Mmm, he makes for good reading, very passionate!

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=241834



    But still can't beat Sion:



    Do you remember saying that? HAHAHA.


    Hi night86mare,

    As you are reading past posts by student; if I am not wrong, you are reading what student actually wrote
    and not what many glossed over looking for the next re-buttal.

    It is a shame that more did not take the time to read fully what student wrote.

    student was not a person to reply without the backing of facts.

    I also enjoyed students reference to various artists, I learnt much by following up on them.

    Cheers

    A general view of mine regarding student vs Mods .....

    Every once in a while in our lives we come across someone we just don't click with ..
    No particular reason .... you just don't wan't to know the person.

    I think this can also happen here. No deep down reason. Just didn't click from the start.

    Just my view folks
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    6As RI student trapped in EastView Secondary.... scary.. (note recent newspaper report..)
    care to share a link? thanks!

    *munching ritz crackers*

  5. #65

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
    Your comments were anything but polite. You basically baited him and everybody over my thread. Anyway that's all in the past, and we actually agreed to let things be till you brought it up.
    Go back to your thread. My very first comment in your post of the muslim lady was not impolite.

    Baited him for what? I didn't know (nor care) who he was till he attacked my comments.

    I don't start fights - I end them. Once you start one with me - I'll be on your case forever.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 18th March 2007 at 08:43 PM.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hi night86mare,

    As you are reading past posts by student; if I am not wrong, you are reading what student actually wrote
    and not what many glossed over looking for the next re-buttal.

    It is a shame that more did not take the time to read fully what student wrote.

    student was not a person to reply without the backing of facts.

    I also enjoyed students reference to various artists, I learnt much by following up on them.

    Cheers

    A general view of mine regarding student vs Mods .....

    Every once in a while in our lives we come across someone we just don't click with ..
    No particular reason .... you just don't wan't to know the person.

    I think this can also happen here. No deep down reason. Just didn't click from the start.

    Just my view folks
    Agree totally. Nothing against each other.... maybe later in life in another setting, can even be friends...
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

  7. #67

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hi night86mare,

    As you are reading past posts by student; if I am not wrong, you are reading what student actually wrote
    and not what many glossed over looking for the next re-buttal.

    It is a shame that more did not take the time to read fully what student wrote.

    student was not a person to reply without the backing of facts.

    I also enjoyed students reference to various artists, I learnt much by following up on them.

    Cheers

    A general view of mine regarding student vs Mods .....

    Every once in a while in our lives we come across someone we just don't click with ..
    No particular reason .... you just don't wan't to know the person.

    I think this can also happen here. No deep down reason. Just didn't click from the start.

    Just my view folks
    I agree, I think we all have something to learn from one another.

    And well, I can be caustic at times when I'm fed up re certain subjects, so I can get where he's coming from when he shows his angst sometimes. Everyone can be. Sometimes there are underlying circumstances and all that, my view is to reserve judgement until you get an idea of the full picture. And even then, not to judge too harshly. Life is just simpler that way. Of course it's easier said than done. =)

    You are Singaporean or Australian, Pablo? =D

  8. #68

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    care to share a link? thanks!

    *munching ritz crackers*
    Tsk tsk, cannot eat so much commercial food.

    Bad for health!

    (Call me the ultimate OT dude)

  9. #69

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    Go back to your thread. My very first comment in your post of the muslim lady was not impolite.

    Baited him for what? I didn't know (nor care) who he was till he attacked my comments.

    I don't start fights - I end them. Once you start one with me - I'll be on your case forever.
    Post thread!

    Post thread!

    Tell me!

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Tsk tsk, cannot eat so much commercial food.

    Bad for health!

    (Call me the ultimate OT dude)
    ultimate OT dude


  11. #71
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Wa lau pee also say flash toilet bowl.

    Next time I when I think of what you say here.
    Sorry lah.

    I meant to say he flashed the bowl with Canon Speedlite 580EX.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    ultimate OT dude

    Thanks!

    Today the weather very nice hor!

  13. #73

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Sorry lah.

    I meant to say he flashed the bowl with Canon Speedlite 580EX.
    Wa, just now I was at Suntec I saw these people flashing the fish tank next to Tony Roma's with their Canon IXUS built-in flash..

    I wonder why they want to do that, come out the photos is one boy with one big bright light behind him. And they did it twice or thrice. Must be very nice reflection of flash light.

    OT OT OT.

  14. #74
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    You are Singaporean or Australian, Pablo? =D
    I think there is such a thing as Singatralians only both countries can't agree what to call them.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I think there is such a thing as Singatralians only both countries can't agree what to call them.
    Or Austgaporeans?

    How come all of these names hor, sounds like different species of giraffe to me.

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Thanks!

    Today the weather very nice hor!
    まー...ちょっと寒いけど...

    yes it's rather cold with the winds, can be quite a nightmare going out and becoming a frozen satay ...

  17. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    Go back to your thread. My very first comment in your post of the muslim lady was not impolite.

    Baited him for what? I didn't know (nor care) who he was till he attacked my comments.

    I don't start fights - I end them. Once you start one with me - I'll be on your case forever.
    Let me put it this way. I've checked that thread and unfortunately the moderators had deleted off ALOT of posts. There were at least 2 pages of it. The thread is not pristine evidence anymore.

    I'm not gonna disprove anything or whatever, but you and I know what actually happened. And even then, if I recall correctly, student was simply being direct but you took it the severely and went on to bait him and taint my thread and many others that he appeared on.
    Last edited by Wisp; 18th March 2007 at 08:58 PM.

  18. #78

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    まー...ちょっと寒いけど...

    yes it's rather cold with the winds, can be quite a nightmare going out and becoming a frozen satay ...
    NOT FAIR

    I don't know how to put EIKIN into a sentence.

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hi night86mare,

    As you are reading past posts by student; if I am not wrong, you are reading what student actually wrote
    and not what many glossed over looking for the next re-buttal.

    It is a shame that more did not take the time to read fully what student wrote.

    student was not a person to reply without the backing of facts.

    I also enjoyed students reference to various artists, I learnt much by following up on them.

    Cheers

    A general view of mine regarding student vs Mods .....

    Every once in a while in our lives we come across someone we just don't click with ..
    No particular reason .... you just don't wan't to know the person.

    I think this can also happen here. No deep down reason. Just didn't click from the start.

    Just my view folks
    I agree with that.

  20. #80

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
    Let me put it this way. I've checked that thread and unfortunately the moderators had deleted off ALOT of posts. There were at least 2 pages of it. The thread is not pristine evidence anymore.

    I'm not gonna disprove anything or whatever, but you and I know what actually happened. And even then, if I recall directly, student was simply being direct but you took it the severely and went on to bait him and taint my thread and many others that he appeared on.
    Excuse me but my very first post in your thread was not even directed at him but you. And it was a constructive comment - go back and read it.

    Once he started his tirade, I engaged him and things descended into anarchy from there. Yes, I did bait him and taint your thread but he started the crap first. And you didn't help by joining in either.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 18th March 2007 at 08:58 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •