Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 264

Thread: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

  1. #41

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    While I believe that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' I did not agree with the way student puts down his detractors. Whilst he claimed to be just a 'student' and 'still learning' he was quick to defend his work by name dropping and using big words to imply that those who did not agree with his 'vision' were not sophisticated enough to understand his work (I remember his ass and saint peering into a mirror analogy).

    As to your reference to my immaturity... hahah. I know where I stand. I think many people kissed his ass and buttered up to him because he had nice cameras, was a high profile surgeon..whatever... its all herd mentality to me.

    "It's not as if he's posting deliberately crappy photos and saying it's art. No."

    Well, I disagree with you there. Some of his 'work' was indeed horrendous IMHO

    "But I can say that it sucks to be you!"

    Oh look who's being immature now?

    You related to student? You sure sound like him...lol
    Forums must be more drama.

    I couldn't care less what you think of me, but honestly, gosh, I didn't know he had nice cameras, or was even a surgeon. In fact, I thought Dr Chong was some nickname or something.

    I don't know, I'm relatively new, but those photos I saw from the time I became active (roughly Jan 07 after lurking around for quite some time) were pretty cool, in my view. I'm not that bored to dig up old threads.

    Everyone's entitled to some personal opinion after all, nothing wrong with me not wanting to be in your shoes based on MY experience with our dear student. =)

    My point is that those who express their opinions in such an incourteous manner while citing the reasoning that he was very rude when he put people who disagreed with him down.. Are hypocritical, and I would not want to be like them. Take for example, people say he's rude, aggressive blah blah blah.

    And they use words like "shamelessly kiss his @ss" "some crappy pic". There are definitely better choices of words to use. You say you believe that beauty is in the eye of the believer. I do not think so. Your very choice of those words simply give me a hint that you have a rather rigid mindset, much more rigid than you'd like to be portrayed as such.

    Besides, if one disagrees with him, there are better ways than to hang around others' threads and borrow them to OT to whack him. (Now, this is definitely NOT related to you, at least not from what I have seen. I don't have time to read everything, though.)

    I mean, I've seen people just waltz into some random P&P thread and say, oooh your photos are sharp, not like student and his crappy works. How idiotic and immature is that? If you thought I was referring to you, then pardon me, I did not mean to hurt your delicate sensitivities. I am not so free to pick fights with everyone in the world who disagrees with me. Next time I shall phrase my words better then, rofl.
    Last edited by night86mare; 18th March 2007 at 07:49 PM.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Can't he be The Greatest Living Student on Earth?

    Maybe he should have learnt more from you!

    BLUR AFGHAN GIRL PHOTOS.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    I don't think he offended any of the moderators, nor do I think that was the reason for his disappearance. Please remember that he chose to exit the forum of his own accord. The fact is that he did offend many CS members due to his unmanageable ego, and it is indeed true that the forum is a lot more peaceful without him around.

    I personally miss the entertainment of watching him get so apoplectic in his arguments. But the greater good must prevail over mere entertainment value.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    I don't think he offended any of the moderators, nor do I think that was the reason for his disappearance. Please remember that he chose to exit the forum of his own accord. The fact is that he did offend many CS members, and it is indeed true that the forum is a lot more peaceful without him around.

    I personally miss the entertainment of watching him get so apoplectic in his arguments. But the greater good must prevail over mere entertainment value.
    Well my dear Mod, you must remember where you are at.

    If we can accuse our government of evil ploys to try to tax all of us to death, you bet there will be conspiracy theorists somewhere who think that the Mods used their magical mystical godlike powers to use his account to post all those threads and his exit thread.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    I don't think he offended any of the moderators, nor do I think that was the reason for his disappearance. Please remember that he chose to exit the forum of his own accord.
    huh? really ah

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    This is a short note to my friends in CS.

    You will have noticed that I had posted a large number of images for the past few days. There was a reason for it. They were my "farewell presents" to you. I had now deleted all of them. As well as most threads which I started.

    With exceptions, I do not see eye-to-eye with the admin and the gang. They find me a nuisance and a pest, and I do not take to them fondly. In fact from the beginning. We had "tolerated" each other. It is time to part.

    Someone had written to me in private, requesting me to "relax". He was right. I should "relax". From henceforth I wil concentrate on my own photography. I will no longer participate in CS as a member. I will not return under any guise. I had procastinated so many photography projects. Time to get them started!

    I am sorry that I will not be conducting those free workshops which I had hope to conduct.

    To those who wish to contact me, I can be contacted at gbyecs@yahoo.com

    Admin, please deregister my account.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Maybe he should have learnt more from you!

    BLUR AFGHAN GIRL PHOTOS.
    I don't think anyone can teach him anything here.

    He is alone out there in stratosphere among the clouds.


  7. #47

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I don't think anyone can teach him anything here.

    He is alone out there in stratosphere among the clouds.

    You know, even you don't like him ar.
    Maybe I should go and dig up the old threads. As far as I could see, the more recent ones that I browsed he seemed quite ok mar.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    I don't think he offended any of the moderators, nor do I think that was the reason for his disappearance. Please remember that he chose to exit the forum of his own accord. The fact is that he did offend many CS members due to his unmanageable ego, and it is indeed true that the forum is a lot more peaceful without him around.

    I personally miss the entertainment of watching him get so apoplectic in his arguments. But the greater good must prevail over mere entertainment value.
    unmanageable ego? how about unmanageable CS bullsh*t posters? don't you realise most of the flames he was engaged with are with the usual suspects?

  9. #49
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    It's time to move on to the next greater things in life.

    We wish Student well in his next photo quest.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    unmanageable ego? how about unmanageable CS bullsh*t posters? don't you realise most of the flames he was engaged with are with the usual suspects?
    Mmm, he makes for good reading, very passionate!

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=241834



    But still can't beat Sion:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    SUN TZU ON THE ART OF WAR

    "You can't win a battle wearing Rayban."
    Do you remember saying that? HAHAHA.
    Last edited by night86mare; 18th March 2007 at 08:11 PM.

  11. #51
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    I don't think he offended any of the moderators, nor do I think that was the reason for his disappearance.
    I think it is more likely he woke up one morning looking at the ceiling and mused to himself, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool to leave CS?"

    And at his breakfast he looked into his coffe mug and thought, "Hey, let see what kind of waves I'll creat by leaving CS."

    And then in the toilet after flashing the bowl he talked to himself in the mirror, "Hey, I wonder what those jokers will say after I leave CS."


  12. #52
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    You know, even you don't like him ar.
    Maybe I should go and dig up the old threads. As far as I could see, the more recent ones that I browsed he seemed quite ok mar.
    Not that I didn't like him.

    I avoided him.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    And then in the toilet after flashing the bowl he talked to himself in the mirror, "Hey, I wonder what those jokers will say after I leave CS."

    Wa lau pee also say flash toilet bowl.

    Next time I when I think of what you say here.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Not that I didn't like him.

    I avoided him.
    Why? Both of your P&P very alternative mar!

    Maybe can find an understanding comrade.. Who knows, maybe can have pink shoe with hairy leg series. =D

  15. #55

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    He's gone? Good riddance!

  16. #56
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Mmm, he makes for good reading, very passionate!

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=241834



    But still can't beat Sion:

    SUN TZU ON THE ART OF WAR

    "You can't win a battle wearing Rayban."

    Do you remember saying that? HAHAHA.
    Sun Tzu said that.

    Not me. I am not that clever.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    just like anyone in here, student made some good inspiring posts, but he made quite a couple of bad posts too.

    if you really appreciate the good things that student did, you're always encouraged to participate actively and positively in the galleries to make CS a more enriching forum.

    let's move on ...

    *passes the popcorn*

  18. #58

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    just like anyone in here, student made some good inspiring posts, but he made quite a couple of bad posts too.

    if you really appreciate the good things that student did, you're always encouraged to participate actively and positively in the galleries to make CS a more enriching forum.

    let's move on ...

    *passes the popcorn*
    *munch*

  19. #59

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Sun Tzu said that.

    Not me. I am not that clever.
    You sure got Ray Bans during Sun Tzu's time or not.

    I think to block sun maybe they use leaves la.

  20. #60

    Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Yes,

    I miss students contribution to the art.

    If asked, student will give answers to how an effect was produced and why.

    Ok, student can be caustic in some replies but, to those that provoked it.

    There are many great tallents here in CS and I admire many that share their work, but ....

    something is missing .....

    the difference.

    the challenge to see without the rules.

    I agree that student "is" a student. Take a look at the styles that have evolved in his time here.

    The man is on a constant experimenting/learning curve.

    Have we had our eyes and minds challenged in the same way since

    I beg to disagree, he was caustic to me even when I wasn't even commenting on his work.
    He attacked my polite constructive comments over one of Wisp's photos bec he disagreed with my point of view. There are better ways of voicing your disagreement.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •