Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3811121314 LastLast

Thread: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

Default Re: Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    It's ok, I still want to be good boy.

Plus, I got Popular Student Card. (there, I linked us back to topic somehow)

Got discount for that book?
    no. students dun need that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    kekeke

gdnite boys!! haf fun and a nice week ahead!!
    Night dude.

Was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    no. students dun need that book.
    No need for Bio Lesson?

No need for Bio Lesson?
    no. trial and error is the best learning tool in life.

no. trial and error is the best learning tool in life.
    But everytime in primary school I use trial and error to solve..
    My teachers scold me. =(

They say must draw model.
    But my art no good, how to draw pretty girl on exam paper, where got enough time?

But everytime in primary school I use trial and error to solve..
    My teachers scold me. =(

They say must draw model.
    But my art no good, how to draw pretty girl on exam paper, where got enough time?
    tell them you are gay, and you deserve at least this bit of respect rather than undergoing forced sexuality transformation.

tell them you are gay, and you deserve at least this bit of respect rather than undergoing forced sexuality transformation.

Hahaha, ok going off. Night!

Hahaha, ok going off. Night!
    ai yah, i was hoping we can dominate this thread like the CC3 thread .

kk. signing out with this last joke:

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    I miss all those who shamelessly kiss his @ss everytime he posts some crappy pic and tries to explain it as 'art'.. if anyone else had posted that he would be booo'ed out of CS liao
    ai yo dun be so anal will u?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    It is quite ironic that a person with the nick Student behaves like he's God's greatest gift to the forum he suscribes to. Or should I say, this is hypocrisy? Talk about consistency....

While I do think that many of his pics are quite good, I don't think the same can be said of his personality....

I've observed him for a while now, and he always gives me the impression that he likes to bask in the positive appraisal, but comes down with a huge sledgehammer on those that do not comment favourably.

Worse if u try to argue with him. He'll blast you with a lengthy replies, laden with bombastic words and name dropping of names which a casual photographer like me wouldn't even know.

I think by the time you read those replies, you'd probably be so confused that you wouldn't know how to reply him (that is, if u understand some of the words being used), and those names he drops will make you go "Geez, this guy must be something, he knows people I dun know!". Either way, such tactics usually shuts the detractor up. As I once saw Mattlock's reply to him, which goes something like "Ok Doc, let u win la" Intellectual intimidation, if I may be allowed to call it.

I couldn't agree with him, that what he does as a forum member/photographer, can be separated from his real life person as a neurologist. As u can see, the fact that many addresses him as Doc here in the forum, shows that the real life and forum personas cannot be totally separated.

And sometimes, even when he posted some images which not so good or poor, it makes me cringe everytime I see some members singing its praise. Makes me think of the story Emperor's New Clothes.

Some of my medical colleagues are also forum members here, and we think that one word may be able to sum up his persona here, and that is, Megalomaniac...
    I could not have worded it better.

Actually Megalomanic is the one of the things I've called him.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 19th March 2007 at 04:38 AM.

Yes.. miss his B/W pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    I don't think he offended any of the moderators, nor do I think that was the reason for his disappearance. Please remember that he chose to exit the forum of his own accord. The fact is that he did offend many CS members due to his unmanageable ego, and it is indeed true that the forum is a lot more peaceful without him around.

I personally miss the entertainment of watching him get so apoplectic in his arguments. But the greater good must prevail over mere entertainment value.
    well said!!! DR!

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    Anyone miss dr chong aka student's contributions?
    Now that you have asked and I don't like to disappointed your curiosity, since his infamous departure:

1. I have gained weight.
    2. I stopped having bad dreams.
    3. I have developed a better appetite.
    4. I smile more often.
    5. I stopped losing hairs.
    6. I take more and better photos.
    7. My hen starts to lay eggs.
    8. My mother-in-law starts to be nice to me.
    9. I am more inspired with creativity.
    10. I start to take every setback as opportunity for improvement.

Now are you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    1. I have gained weight.

Now are you happy?
    hey hey hey!!!

i think the gian weight and inspired part is very apparent in ur posts.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    I could not have worded it better.

Actually Megalomanic is the one of the things I've called him.
    Thought I should chime in a bit.

If he weren't a megalomanic, if he weren't such a egomaniac, if he weren't so insecure, if he weren't obsessive compulsive ...

he presence would have been a positive one ... but unfortunately, he is all those ... may he have peace outside of CS ...
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

You have a hen? How come never use her in Afghan girl.

It is quite ironic that a person with the nick Student behaves like he's God's greatest gift to the forum he suscribes to. Or should I say, this is hypocrisy? Talk about consistency....

While I do think that many of his pics are quite good, I don't think the same can be said of his personality....

I've observed him for a while now, and he always gives me the impression that he likes to bask in the positive appraisal, but comes down with a huge sledgehammer on those that do not comment favourably.

Worse if u try to argue with him. He'll blast you with a lengthy replies, laden with bombastic words and name dropping of names which a casual photographer like me wouldn't even know.

I think by the time you read those replies, you'd probably be so confused that you wouldn't know how to reply him (that is, if u understand some of the words being used), and those names he drops will make you go "Geez, this guy must be something, he knows people I dun know!". Either way, such tactics usually shuts the detractor up. As I once saw Mattlock's reply to him, which goes something like "Ok Doc, let u win la" Intellectual intimidation, if I may be allowed to call it.

I couldn't agree with him, that what he does as a forum member/photographer, can be separated from his real life person as a neurologist. As u can see, the fact that many addresses him as Doc here in the forum, shows that the real life and forum personas cannot be totally separated.

And sometimes, even when he posted some images which not so good or poor, it makes me cringe everytime I see some members singing its praise. Makes me think of the story Emperor's New Clothes.

Some of my medical colleagues are also forum members here, and we think that one word may be able to sum up his persona here, and that is, Megalomaniac...
    Well said....

Now that you have asked and I don't like to disappointed your curiosity, since his infamous departure:

1. I have gained weight.
    2. I stopped having bad dreams.
    3. I have developed a better appetite.
    4. I smile more often.
    5. I stopped losing hairs.
    6. I take more and better photos.
    8. My mother-in-law starts to be nice to me.
    10. I start to take every setback as opportunity for improvement.

Now are you happy?
    stopped losing hairs? can't tell leh.... afgan girl head all covered uP!!!!

what does your mother in law have to do with student???

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Thought I should chime in a bit.

If he weren't a megalomanic, if he weren't such a egomaniac, if he weren't so insecure, if he weren't obsessive compulsive ...

he presence would have been a positive one ... but unfortunately, he is all those ... may he have peace outside of CS ...
    Ditto...

Sorry for being OT again (kinda like the title of OT king being conferred on me by night86mare ), but I was mulling over the word 'suck'....I still dun quite understand why pple take offense to that, isn't this word being used quite frequently as a figure of speech or something?

I dunno leh, my son always call me lame....does that mean he insults me by calling me a cripple? Should I smack him for it?

Ditto...

Sorry for being OT again (kinda like the title of OT king being conferred on me by night86mare ), but I was mulling over the word 'suck'....I still dun quite understand why pple take offense to that, isn't this word being used quite frequently as a figure of speech or something?

I dunno leh, my son always call me lame....does that mean he insults me by calling me a cripple? Should I smack him for it?
    Thanks to deadpoet "suck", "crap" etc are now an accepted and politically correct form of language used in "Protraits and Poses".

No one object of their use anymore. In fact posters of photos beg for such comments.

Okay I know what I write here are scraps and they suck big time.

(See I feel so much better already. I feel a great sense of relief and freedom. )
    Last edited by Sion; 19th March 2007 at 12:34 PM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3811121314 LastLast