Thread: Need some advice on an upcoming trip (Gear related)

Lightbulb Need some advice on an upcoming trip (Gear related)

I need some advice for a carry-on bag that will hold my camera gears. My trip will be quite hectic, it will be a 10 day trip in USA, starting from NY, hopping to AZ and finally leaving from LA. One of the places I will be visiting will be the Grand Canyon (I can't find any reason NOT to go there!) so my main concern will be how to last with a proper camera bag.

My setup will pretty light, plus a 12" laptop. The laptop itself is only 1.1kg and I will be bringing along about 5 lenses (maybe flash, maybe not) plus one body. I would like my carry-on bag to have space for all the above items plus some documents like passport, tickets and maybe some tiny bits of snacks and medication. I would like the bag to be as discreet as possible, and I would like to pick the smallest possible.

My biggest lens is only about 160mm and at 935gm. I doubt that a shoulder bag is a good idea if I am going to carry so many stuff, so I am looking for a decent backpack that won't get into any trouble when I'm traveling. I would like to avoid having Lowepros, but will consider one if there are no other options.

All opinions will be considered.

edit1: No crumplers as they are way too bulky and heavy.
    Last edited by Vulpix0r; 16th March 2007 at 10:57 PM.

Default Re: Need some advice on an upcoming trip (Gear related)

Tenba's the way to go.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Tenba's the way to go.

../azul123
    If you want to recommend maybe you should at least include the bag model so I know what to hunt for when I go bag shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    If you want to recommend maybe you should at least include the bag model so I know what to hunt for when I go bag shopping.
    How to recommend, when you didn't specify the type of lenses you are bringing? it's not difficult to go to www.tenba.com and see the models all there, their latest Shootout model looks nice but that is also a preference thingy...

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    How to recommend, when you didn't specify the type of lenses you are bringing? it's not difficult to go to www.tenba.com and see the models all there, their latest Shootout model looks nice but that is also a preference thingy...

../azul123
    My lenses are quite small so I didn't think it was necessary to include the details. I only have one big lens and it's stated in my post. To assist those who wants to help me, the 3 lenses are about the size of a typical 50mm f1.8, one of them is the sigma 17-70mm, and the last being the 300mm which is 160mm in length and using a 67mm filter.