Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79

Thread: Lens for shooting Babies

  1. #21

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    tell me


    Quote Originally Posted by XC Pictorial View Post
    ...but much prefer canon 85 to canon 85..

  2. #22

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    It just means that he prefers the Canon

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    It just means that he prefers the Canon
    which canon?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    maybe he means canon 85mm is the best?

  5. #25

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    In the above im comparing the Nikon 85mm f1.8 to the similar one from Canon.

    Yes i would much prefer to use the Canon one. I find that built wise its much more refined than the bulky look of the nikon 85.. Apart from that, the canon one is also a USM lens, you dont have to put up with the noisy focusing motor of the nikon one. I have both.

    If you are talking about higher end 85mm lens.. then of course no doubt the 85f1.2L is king. Esp when used on a FF body.. The best you can get with nikon is just 851.4 with a 1.5X body..

    But 50mm wise i like that from the nikon much more. the canon 50f1.8 just feel so much like a toy..

  6. #26

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    lensbaby ver2

  7. #27

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    2 gals!! And I already have a gal (5yrs)..... so its POWER PUFF team!! I mati liao.... the big one play horse game with me everynight........ when the next 2 come..... I think they going to break my back!!!

    Yeah, maybe will try the 50mm f1.4 in future.... if I get somemore bonus in April'07...hehhe...
    Good for you.. you won't be short of models to shoot next time..

  8. #28

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Hi, just sending my congrate to you.
    Bet they must be sweet and chubby

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Congrats! I used to use the 50mm 1.8 to capture my baby's moments, but had to change to 1.4 as he started to get more active, and unpredictable. Now a 28mm f2.8 will do, as I can use flash.

    Just bear in mind that, 50mm is actually about 75mm in digital, so 85mm will be about 128mm!!!

    I could only take headshots, sometimes needing to arch backwards, at the restaurant table sitting opposite my baby. Don't think I'll need a 85mm to shoot my baby. He's now about 20 mths old.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Quote Originally Posted by Leykid1634 View Post
    Hi, just sending my congrate to you.
    Bet they must be sweet and chubby
    Thanks bro........ they are still my darlings...........

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Quote Originally Posted by huggable View Post
    Congrats! I used to use the 50mm 1.8 to capture my baby's moments, but had to change to 1.4 as he started to get more active, and unpredictable. Now a 28mm f2.8 will do, as I can use flash.

    Just bear in mind that, 50mm is actually about 75mm in digital, so 85mm will be about 128mm!!!

    I could only take headshots, sometimes needing to arch backwards, at the restaurant table sitting opposite my baby. Don't think I'll need a 85mm to shoot my baby. He's now about 20 mths old.

    Got my 50mm f1.8 on Sat from a nice lady. Already taken lots of shots over the weekends. Lucky gotten the 50mm, as I already having abit of problem in getting the shots in with the confined space. So far, happy with it man!! I also feel now 85mm will be too long for me, 50mm suits me fine, maybe will upgrade to a f1.4 soon.... cheers to happy fathering!!! Huat ah!!

  12. #32
    Senior Member yyD70S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    No. Don't upgrade from 50mm f/1.8 to f/1.4 ... (now that you already have a 50mm)

    Go straight for the AF 85mm f/1.4D after you "huat ah!". It will serve it's master well


    Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    I also feel now 85mm will be too long for me, 50mm suits me fine, maybe will upgrade to a f1.4 soon.... cheers to happy fathering!!! Huat ah!!

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    681

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Hi Guys,

    I read somewhere that that Nikon 105 VR macro is a good portraits lens too. I'm keen to try macro photography, at the same time wanted the take newborn shot. Can this lens double up both a macro and newborn shot?

  14. #34
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I read somewhere that that Nikon 105 VR macro is a good portraits lens too. I'm keen to try macro photography, at the same time wanted the take newborn shot. Can this lens double up both a macro and newborn shot?
    Well.. if you can stand far enough.. your choice... Dun forget, with the digital crop factor, you'd be using it as a 157.5mm. You got enuff room??

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    681

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Well.. if you can stand far enough.. your choice... Dun forget, with the digital crop factor, you'd be using it as a 157.5mm. You got enuff room??
    Right. You have a point there.

  16. #36
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    who says flash is harmful to babies?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Bounce the flash lor... Don't blast it at full power into the baby's eyes.

  18. #38
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    who says flash is harmful to babies?
    Their eyes...

    watch it there, their eyes aren't able to withstand a full blast of the flash light.

  19. #39
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Their eyes...

    watch it there, their eyes aren't able to withstand a full blast of the flash light.
    sure? it may be true for someone use direct flash with do close up on the babies face.

    try to do a search, see what can you find.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Lens for shooting Babies

    Congrate bro to your new born twins. They do grow very fast, so shot them often, once they grow, you miss that time frame....I shot my son almost once every other day....he is 10months old now.

    I would suggest 50f1.8 or if you can afford f1.4. I use an f1.8 to shoot my son when he was really young. I use f1.8 as I do not 1 2 risk his eyesight with flash and my home lighting is not strong enough. I would not take chance on such action that will affect my son for his entire life....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •