Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: no time for photography?

Default Re: no time for photography?

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbiex View Post
    Me too. For me going back on the dot is almost impossible. It's OT Mondays to Fridays and quite often I am in the office before the official working hours. Always say this weekend must go and take some photos but when the weekend reaches, just feel so tired. And worse, there's still housework to do. I bought an IR filter 3 months ago but until now I have not even use it once. I guessed the only thing I should be grateful of is that I am on a 5 day week.
    Everyone has 24hours a day, no more no less. You just need to allocate time to do it. That means removing/delaying some other items from your schedule to allocate time for this. Or allocating more time to quickly finish off a task so that you can "claim" back some time to re-allocate to do whatever you want to do.

Me too. For me going back on the dot is almost impossible. It's OT Mondays to Fridays and quite often I am in the office before the official working hours. Always say this weekend must go and take some photos but when the weekend reaches, just feel so tired. And worse, there's still housework to do. I bought an IR filter 3 months ago but until now I have not even use it once. I guessed the only thing I should be grateful of is that I am on a 5 day week.
    It's ok, you can pass the IR filter to you, I can use for you!

Can take a few days of annual leave to do photography or not? I used to spend all my annual leave on photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Can take a few days of annual leave to do photography or not? I used to spend all my annual leave on photography.

So the Afghan girl model was available during your leave?

[You know, I'm going to remind about this forever, I'm just so tickled by it.]

Thumbs down Re: no time for photography?

Yeah, I oso find myself in same situation -

office hour = work
    after office hour = family
    weekend = shopping centers and child enrichment programme.

Had drag my gear around the whole weekend, but not a single shot....

Everytime see other people's photo shots, I wish can break away from all these routines and go around to take some photos.

Blog Entries

shoot macro

subjects are everywhere and all the time

Most of us are just like you, except those self-employed, pros, free-lancers, etc ..
    For me, I tell myself, 3 hrs a week (Sunday morning), or 12 hrs a month, or at least 144 hrs a year to use my cams. Sun morning ... join Charby,Modelin, join macro, join kakkis shoot scenery, go zoo, bird park, etc..... Switch off hp and i dont care abt anything except shooting on my Sun shoot.... after a while, everyone will leave you alone on Sun morning. and you will always look forward for your weekends!
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtSin View Post
    Yeah, I oso find myself in same situation -

office hour = work
    after office hour = family
    weekend = shopping centers and child enrichment programme.

Had drag my gear around the whole weekend, but not a single shot....

Everytime see other people's photo shots, I wish can break away from all these routines and go around to take some photos.
    i'm exactly like you!!

I have to take leave just to go shoot some photos of buildings the other day!!

Chrs
    jinny

I once thought that I too do not have time for photography.

However upon deeper evaluation, it's not the time but rather being at the right time and the right place and having the right subject.

Sometimes, it's just a matter of switching your shooting styles and subjects.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

got time to shoot but no time to post it up...

Sion: Group of self portraits? good idea
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Quote Originally Posted by jtan4 View Post
    i'm exactly like you!!

I have to take leave just to go shoot some photos of buildings the other day!!

Chrs
    jinny

Welcome to the Real World.......

Blog Entries

sometimes when i need to destress

b4 work - shoot
    on the way to lunch - shoot

or

send kid to class, while waiting can also shoot

why dont you just bring your camera along wherever you go? even to work.

i always catch a scene and find myself saying "damn i wish i had my camera now"

but then again, it all depends on what you like to shoot...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123