Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low priced D60 a hoax?

Originally posted by Mr Fish
    ...wonder why the resale prices are so low...
    Usually, resale prices are low because brand new ones or newer models retail for lower prices (maybe 'coz of economies of scale or a more cost-effective technology). Unless, of course, if a particular (good) product has been discontinued without a worthy successor, then it makes perfect sense for it to have a high resale value (e.g. Olympus B300).

Juz my 2 cents.

Erm. I think you misquoted my sentence...read the line before that sentence as well) What i mean is that the prices should of cos drop but not too much until lelong lelong prices. If the brand new 10D is selling for 2600-2800 then why should the d60 drop to prices below say the 2k mark?

So even if the buyers all wanna buy at say 1500, if the sellers work together and say hey...my d60 is not that bad after all and 2000 is what it is really worth, then buyers should oblige and cough up the 2k to buy the d60. Buyers do have power with their cash but that doesn't mean sellers can't have their say in determining prices.

So my point is, dun accept lelong lelong prices for your excellant D60..unless you're selling to me of course...haha

PS: I know my principle of economics...heheheh... didn't do too well for A levels but coping well in uni hahaha

Originally posted by imaginary_number
    Usually, resale prices are low because brand new ones or newer models retail for lower prices (maybe 'coz of economies of scale or a more cost-effective technology). Unless, of course, if a particular (good) product has been discontinued without a worthy successor, then it makes perfect sense for it to have a high resale value (e.g. Olympus B300).

Juz my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Mr Fish; 5th March 2003 at 11:38 PM.

Erm. I think you misquoted my sentence...read the line before that sentence as well) What i mean is that the prices should of cos drop but not too much until lelong lelong prices. If the brand new 10D is selling for 2600-2800 then why should the d60 drop to prices below say the 2k mark?

Ok, now I get you. Your statement wasn't clear just now.

i guess it would be ok to follow the rate of 2ndhand market quote

eg, usually 70% of the selling price
    since a new D60 is $3.6k, then 2ndhand would be ard $2.5k

shld be reasonable for the seller to ask for a higher price if selling a warranty set

but still subjective to price competition from newer products

just my 2cts worth...

Originally posted by xmen1977
    i guess it would be ok to follow the rate of 2ndhand market quote

eg, usually 70% of the selling price
    since a new D60 is $3.6k, then 2ndhand would be ard $2.5k

shld be reasonable for the seller to ask for a higher price if selling a warranty set

but still subjective to price competition from newer products

just my 2cts worth...

OT, but I'm curious, any idea how this "rate of 2nd hand market quote" came about?

So even if the buyers all wanna buy at say 1500, if the sellers work together and say hey...my d60 is not that bad after all and 2000 is what it is really worth, then buyers should oblige and cough up the 2k to buy the d60. Buyers do have power with their cash but that doesn't mean sellers can't have their say in determining prices.

So my point is, dun accept lelong lelong prices for your excellant D60..unless you're selling to me of course...haha

PS: I know my principle of economics...heheheh... didn't do too well for A levels but coping well in uni hahaha
    Yes this is indeed a good strategy, but count in other factors such as eager seller, and possible mistrust between various buyers, etc, it will be under a not so ideal situation.

Just refer to the OPEC countries, oil producing countries and what they are facing now(obviously the lack of unity out of the factors above) and u will know why.

Default tomshen

Originally posted by wormz777
    I would rather have opinions and comments about my composition, flaws and other aspects about my picture
    Yes...definetly agree.....this tiome round when you look at the clubsnap home page, you notice theres alot of buy/sell threads....especially when 10D has been announced....

theres a reduce in potos for comments- posted.

Anyway, Worms....your icon very cute....what camera u using ah...hahhahhaa....just joking.....

who knows...one might take beautiful pics with a A40....if you know your camera well enough...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12