Thread: Serenity

Default Serenity

Hi. I'm a newbie and just started to learn how to post here last week.
    This is a picture taken at dusk time in Sakura Jima in Japan last December with my first DSLR.
    Please C & C.

GLOOM
    Last edited by docdeng; 16th March 2007 at 03:48 PM.
    See.Shoot.Share

Default Re: Serenity

err..docdeng,

I'm not sure if this pic gives me a sense of serenity. It's quite gloomy (overcast sky) and the clouds have no detail or defination. The 2 trees on the left are practically leaf-less, much like what I would see after a typhoon.

keep shooting and posting but sorry - can't feel serene with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by eng_keow View Post
    err..docdeng,

I'm not sure if this pic gives me a sense of serenity. It's quite gloomy (overcast sky) and the clouds have no detail or defination. The 2 trees on the left are practically leaf-less, much like what I would see after a typhoon.

i agree... personally i can't find a focal point as well... v plain picture IMHO. sky isnt spectacular either... but anyways, nice try la... cont shooting!
    When life hands u lemons.... ASK FOR TEQUILA AND SALT!

Quote Originally Posted by eng_keow View Post
    err..docdeng,

I guess the title is not appropriate. Lets say we disregard the title. I intended on making this a silhoutte shot. Is it a norm for silhouttes to be taken on bright background? This was taken at dusk. I wanted to convey a different mood here --brooding, quiet and cold. Like what you said it looked gloomy. I included the two trees without leaves to complement the gloomy sky for my theme.
    See.Shoot.Share