Thread: laser pointer pattern to improve AF Focus LED

Default laser pointer pattern to improve AF Focus LED

would it be possible if i used my own auto focus LED? perhaps a hand held BRIGHTER and better LED?

they sell lots of those "keychain" bright leds...

do you think i could achieve a same effect if i pointed it in the same direction as the g3's led?

esp in dark areas and far away targets..

anyone?

has anyone seen the sony 717 Laser af beam?

its superb... it projects a laser pattern on the target.. its range is very far!

i could get one of those cheapo laser pointer that can project pattern then my cam will be as good as the sony 717 laser af beam!!

Good idea but have you considered if you used the laser pointer to assist in AF, you would need to "zero" or calibrate the laser pointer and consider how you are going to attach it the camera itself?

Whats worse, you would need to be extra careful if you are shooting portraits shots or if there is a baby involved... the laser might shine into the eyes of your subject so you need to target the laser on the subject's forehead, or some place around the region.

Even so, you would need to make sure you are able to trigger the laser, half press the shutter to get the AF to lock on, release the laser, and then shoot. A little bit of manual dexterity is required, if you can see what i mean.

Anyhow, i am trying to see how i can adapt a laser pointer to my Fuji S602 and if i succeed, i'll be posting the setup.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Good idea but have you considered if you used the laser pointer to assist in AF, you would need to "zero" or calibrate the laser pointer and consider how you are going to attach it the camera itself?

Whats worse, you would need to be extra careful if you are shooting portraits shots or if there is a baby involved... the laser might shine into the eyes of your subject so you need to target the laser on the subject's forehead, or some place around the region.

Even so, you would need to make sure you are able to trigger the laser, half press the shutter to get the AF to lock on, release the laser, and then shoot. A little bit of manual dexterity is required, if you can see what i mean.

Anyhow, i am trying to see how i can adapt a laser pointer to my Fuji S602 and if i succeed, i'll be posting the setup.
    Flash trigger thingie? Saw the infrared death ray of my friend's fl40 and c5050z, pretty nifty.