Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which one I should go for Macro Lens

Default Re: Which one I should go for Macro Lens

Quote Originally Posted by valice View Post
    The setup is a tank, a camera, a lens, a flash and a wireless transmitter (ST-E2 in the case of Canon). NO tripod. You can almost never shoot a fast moving fish with a tripod. No CPL or what-not filter needed as well. Just UV. My EF 100mm has no filter at all. Just glass and tank.
    whats the tank for? wireless transmitter...whats that?
    PM me if U Want Asst Wedding Photographer
    http://totoro17.multiply.com http://chinhaven.tripod.com

Bros,

For my personal education... And others who may be just as new to photog as me... Please advise..

to go OT a bit, would a Macro lens be better if it's fixed focal/ zoom? And also if I were to fix a 2x TC on, will it reduce the Min. f/stop by 2 stops (I have the impression that if I were to manify 2x, my min f/stop will increase by 2 stops..)? or 1?
    The DIFFERENCE is not in the "Cue", it is in the SKILLS...

The wireless transmitter is to trigger your flash remotely as when we shoot first, we place the flash above the subject so as to illuminate the subject significantly. Thus allowing a fast shutter speed and also smaller aperture and low iso.

Quote Originally Posted by fv18m View Post
    Bros,

For my personal education... And others who may be just as new to photog as me... Please advise..

to go OT a bit, would a Macro lens be better if it's fixed focal/ zoom? And also if I were to fix a 2x TC on, will it reduce the Min. f/stop by 2 stops (I have the impression that if I were to manify 2x, my min f/stop will increase by 2 stops..)? or 1?
    magnify 2x... 2 stop of light loss in the process as well...

Quote Originally Posted by fv18m View Post
    Bros,

Reduces accordingly...

F2.8 (2 stops) = f5.6

This is why not much users would use a TC with a Macro, most would go for a longer focal length of lens. In Nikon,

60mm f2.8
    105mm f2.8

just need to choose the correct focal lenght and you still have a lens of f2.8 to shoot with.

Quote Originally Posted by tchern View Post
    Sigma 150mm. BEST.
    Do you own this lens? If so, show some samples to prove why its BEST.

Thanx for the info... Anyone used Nikon's 200mm Micro? How is it? Any comments?
    The DIFFERENCE is not in the "Cue", it is in the SKILLS...

Red face Re: Which one I should go for Macro Lens

Taken using my few days old Sigma 70mm f2.8 , excuse the noise,I forgot to adjust the Iso from 800. My first macro lens and I'm still learning No complaints with sharpness but I wished it has longer subject working distance,this one a bit too close liao if you want to take pics of bugs. If I was a bug, I would have flown away already

Quote Originally Posted by valice View Post
    The setup is a tank, a camera, a lens, a flash and a wireless transmitter (ST-E2 in the case of Canon). NO tripod. You can almost never shoot a fast moving fish with a tripod. No CPL or what-not filter needed as well. Just UV. My EF 100mm has no filter at all. Just glass and tank.
    hi hi

why do u need a wireless transmitter??? and how u using it to shoot fish which is swimming all around.....
    Canon IXUS 850 / Canon EOS 400D 18mm-55mm Kit Lens

In our setup, we place the flash above the tank so that we solve the problem of lighting.
    As I use the Canon system, I can only have the flash off-board either with a wireless transmitter to fire off the flash or a flash cord. But flash cord restricts the distance so ST-E2 is best.

I know Nikon system has the commander mode in one of the camera body, so can do IR control of the flash without an external gadget.

Practise and patient and understanding the subject i am shooting. Some fishes are easier to shoot than others.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123