Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 149

Thread: What is Clubsnap?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by smurfman View Post
    U noe got alot ppl dun understands???
    easy.portrait and poses.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    i wonder how those people who are looking for free or cheap photog find CS?

    maybe they did a google on "Cheap photographer" and CS appear in the top result?

  3. #23
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    i wonder how those people who are looking for free or cheap photog find CS?

    maybe they did a google on "Cheap photographer" and CS appear in the top result?
    I think it's "Photo Forum Poll" goole that attracts them here first.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by offspring View Post
    cs is a anonymous social support system to assure oneself of an obsession. of late, cs is a place for gawking.

    ymmv
    For a few it's a life support system for inflated egoism.

  5. #25

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by smurfman View Post
    What is CS??????

    When i first come here, i thought can learn from master.
    Then i realise that most are amature, some pics really cannot make it.

    So i thought CS is a learning ground, where ppl can learn.
    Then i realise alotta master dun share, cos its secret.
    So ammature goota learn mostly by hit and run.
    Of course got ppl willing to share, but not much.

    So i thought CS is a base for ppl to meet, amature to learn from each other.
    Then i realise its always that same bunch of amatures together.

    So i thought, CS is for what?

    Now for me, CS is a place to buy things, sell things, and sometimes see ppl post pics that are lousy. So i can laugh. By me only. CS is also a place for me to see great marco, landscapes, and i enjoy kopitiam, always see ppl argue till red face, also dun noe for what, popcorns time!!!

    This is what i though of CS.

    I have put my piece on what is CS, u can say ur piece, just dun need to slam me, as that is what i see.
    my experience in CS...
    when i first came here, i thought it was a good place to buy and sell. and it is.
    i thought i could learn from good photographers here, and i did.
    i joined a chit chat thread and outings, to make more friends, and i did.
    i thought, "wouldn't it be nice to meet some pro photogs too?", and i met them (soon after i joined CS, at SEED btw).
    i thought CS can be a nice place to chill out, and it is (in kopitiam at least...with free entertainment included!)

    so...to me CS is a pretty nice place.


  6. #26
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    A long time ago came a man on a track
    Walking thirty miles with a pack on his back
    And he put down his load where he thought it was the best
    Made a home in the wilderness
    He built a cabin and a winter store
    And he ploughed up the ground by the cold lake shore
    And the other travellers came riding down the track
    And they never went further, no, they never went back
    Then came the churches then came the schools
    Then came the lawyers then came the rules
    Then came the trains and the trucks with their loads
    And the dirty old track was the telegraph road

    Then came the mines - then came the ore
    Then there was the hard times then there was a war
    Telegraph sang a song about the world outside
    Telegraph road got so deep and so wide
    Like a rolling river. . .

    And my radio says tonight its gonna freeze
    People driving home from the factories
    Theres six lanes of traffic
    Three lanes moving slow. . .

    I used to like to go to work but they shut it down
    I got a right to go to work but theres no work here to be found
    Yes and they say were gonna have to pay whats owed
    Were gonna have to reap from some seed thats been sowed
    And the birds up on the wires and the telegraph poles
    They can always fly away from this rain and this cold
    You can hear them singing out their telegraph code
    All the way down the telegraph road

    You know Id sooner forget but I remember those nights
    When life was just a bet on a race between the lights
    You had your head on my shoulder you had your hand in my hair
    Now you act a little colder like you dont seem to care
    But believe in me baby and Ill take you away
    From out of this darkness and into the day
    From these rivers of headlights these rivers of rain
    From the anger that lives on the streets with these names
    cos Ive run every red light on memory lane
    Ive seen desperation explode into flames
    And I dont want to see it again. . .

    From all of these signs saying sorry but were closed
    All the way down the telegraph road
    Wah D.S fan ah?

  7. #27

    Default What is Clubsnap?

    Hi SM .

    This Free Agent and I'm a Photographer who depend photography business for a living , but of course I'm a DOP as well . he he he.......

    I always need an extra hand during my shoot , presently I got at least 3 good freelance assistant . If you are interested , you can send me your contact . I'm always happy to tell you what's real Photography about but all my assistant need to be able to go through a tough training . he he he... don't be so frighten just joking .

    I think Real Photography joy cannot be found in here , it's an experience when you go out to shoot with an happy heart . Just go out to shoot to try and to enjoy . Look at your developed picture smile at it , take it out 10 years later laugh at it , That's the best thing of Photography because no Photography is perfect Photography as no picture is perfect picture .

    Just sharing as I see your boken soul and I feel how you felt , this is not easy as no real meaning of the Photography Spirit in this content . CS was once a happening place for people like you .

    Pan
    Regards

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    Hi SM .

    This Free Agent and I'm a Photographer who depend photography business for a living , but of course I'm a DOP as well . he he he.......

    I always need an extra hand during my shoot , presently I got at least 3 good freelance assistant . If you are interested , you can send me your contact . I'm always happy to tell you what's real Photography about but all my assistant need to be able to go through a tough training . he he he... don't be so frighten just joking .

    I think Real Photography joy cannot be found in here , it's an experience when you go out to shoot with an happy heart . Just go out to shoot to try and to enjoy . Look at your developed picture smile at it , take it out 10 years later laugh at it , That's the best thing of Photography because no Photography is perfect Photography as no picture is perfect picture .

    Just sharing as I see your boken soul and I feel how you felt , this is not easy as no real meaning of the Photography Spirit in this content . CS was once a happening place for people like you .

    Pan
    Regards
    Smurfman is a professional photographer ... may I add, one who works too hard.

  9. #29

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by smurfman View Post
    I really think no one here understands me...........

    DP, where r u???
    Having dinner

    I found CS while I was new to Singapore, looking for like minded people, portraits photogrpaher, whom I can go shooting together.

    I have found what I was looking for. I am forever greatful to those whom I first met, first shot with, and became friends.

    I have also discover CS, especially the portrait sub forum to be the most squabling place I know. I then discover that it is place where comments are usually sugar coated. And last but not least, a place where straight talk is not welcome, by many at the very least.

    It is also a place and time where "Deadpoet" had developed a love/hate reputation. But I have no regrets. Starting the "messy hair" crusade, whom a few frowned on, did more to improve my own ability to observe, to critique, and ultimately, a better photographer.

    I still have a long way to go to become the photographer I want to be.

    But most important of all, I had made sme very good friends through CS. Thank you Club Snap!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  10. #30

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I have also discover CS, especially the portrait sub forum to be the most squabling place I know. I then discover that it is place where comments are usually sugar coated. And last but not least, a place where straight talk is not welcome, by many at the very least.
    You gave me a good bollocking the first time I posted my first shots in portraits.

  11. #31

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    You gave me a good bollocking the first time I posted my first shots in portraits.
    I remember that picture. But seeing your work nowadays, not bad wah.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  12. #32

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I remember that picture. But seeing your work nowadays, not bad wah.
    Details Details Details and stupid hotel staff

  13. #33

    Default What is Clubsnap?

    Wow so Paisei !

    So Pro ...... then no point , at the end of the day Pro. actually don't need to come here .

    Pro. can go Shooting Gallery or Hanchew Studio.
    They got the Best Teacher there, if got question can go there , they got the best Equipment available too .

    So Paisei , feel wrongly for someone who I thought wants to explore Photography .

    Pan

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    Wow so Paisei !

    So Pro ...... then no point , at the end of the day Pro. actually don't need to come here .

    Pro. can go Shooting Gallery or Hanchew Studio.
    They got the Best Teacher there, if got question can go there , they got the best Equipment available too .

    So Paisei , feel wrongly for someone who I thought wants to explore Photography .

    Pan
    i think you got it right though, he is exploring, all the time he's always full of questions

  15. #35
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Knew CS thru a Singapore subforum of an architecture forum.

    At first I thought Club SNAP means [Singapore National Association of Photograpers].

    I joined to learn photography and been here every since.

  16. #36

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    CS is place where people get scolded for their lousy photos and still thank the person who calls his photos trash.

    Certain people look for newbie, slam them real hard. Tell them that their photos sucks when in fact his own photos look the same. Come up with weird theories (that he himself never follow at times) and insist that those are biblical truth in photography. As times go by, all the "newbies" become intoxicated with that theory and thought it is real. The advocator then proclaim that he is correct and many people in fact thank him for it and supported him.

    Last edited by sci80298; 15th March 2007 at 10:21 PM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by sci80298 View Post
    CS is place where people get scolded for their lousy photos and still thank the person who calls his photos trash.

    Certain people look for newbie, slam them real hard. Tell them that their photos sucks when in fact their own photos look the same. Come up with weird theories (that he himself never follow at times) and insist that those are biblical truth in photography. As times go by, all the "newbies" become intoxicated with that theory and thought it is real. The advocator then proclaim that he is correct and many people in fact thank him for it and supported him.

    aaahhh....
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by sci80298 View Post
    CS is place where people get scolded for their lousy photos and still thank the person who calls his photos trash.

    Certain people look for newbie, slam them real hard. Tell them that their photos sucks when in fact his own photos look the same. Come up with weird theories (that he himself never follow at times) and insist that those are biblical truth in photography. As times go by, all the "newbies" become intoxicated with that theory and thought it is real. The advocator then proclaim that he is correct and many people in fact thank him for it and supported him.

    it's all in the mind! in the mind! in the mind ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

  19. #39
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    aaahhh....
    ohhhh..... ahhhhh .... ohhhhh..... arrrrrghhhhh.....
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  20. #40
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: What is Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    ohhhh..... ahhhhh .... ohhhhh..... arrrrrghhhhh.....
    wait ur videoman come and haunt u!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •