Thread: Need help regarding Nikon lens compatibility

Default Need help regarding Nikon lens compatibility

hi guys.

i bought a Nikon F-401x SLR camera from yahoo auction last year for $200. (is it a good price?) it comes with a Nikon AF NIKKOR 35-70mm lens, 1:3.3-4.5 and Hakuba UV 52mm. (made in japan)

if i am to buy a D70s from the clubsnap b/s section, would this particular lens be compatible with the DSLR body?

thanks for any information!

Blog Entries

Default Re: need help regarding Nikon lens compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by jamie-vai View Post
    hi guys.

i bought a Nikon F-401x SLR camera from yahoo auction last year for $200. (is it a good price?) it comes with a Nikon AF NIKKOR 35-70mm lens, 1:3.3-4.5 and Hakuba UV 52mm. (made in japan)

if i am to buy a D70s from the clubsnap b/s section, would this particular lens be compatible with the DSLR body?

thanks for any information!
    yes..
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

hi nightwolf75, thanks for the prompt reply!

may i ask if this particular lens is part of the kit last time? the seller told me that this lens is a better lens that they bought.

anyone has any idea what is the approximate value of this lens now?

Some places say this lens was only worth $150 or so brand new; so don't think it'll fetch much if you trying sell it now.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie-vai View Post
    hi nightwolf75, thanks for the prompt reply!

may i ask if this particular lens is part of the kit last time? the seller told me that this lens is a better lens that they bought.

anyone has any idea what is the approximate value of this lens now?

Its the standard lens for the F401. Just maybe slight difference in cosmetic appearance.

If you are buying a D70s, only the more recent CPU lenses (denoted by the D or G letter after the f/XX aperture rating) will be useful. Other lenses, such as manual focus lenses or autofocus lenses without the letter D, will only work with manual light metering (i.e. the camera's light meter will be inoperative when using these lenses).

one more thing to take note , is there any ring that lets u choose the f point ? like 4, 5.6,8,11,16,22 ?

if u will be using it on the dslr, always set it to 22. if not you;ll always get teh FEE symbol blinking . tried and tested. doesnt affect the pics htough.
    Last edited by NeTHaCk; 25th March 2007 at 12:46 PM.