Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wah liew, cigarette prices went UP again !!

Originally posted by suhaimig
    Either way can get heart attach.

Cheers.
    you do mean heart attack right?

Originally posted by suhaimig
    By reviewing above: I think the government want us not to smoke in the country but not outside the country when travelling. Is that so?

Cheers.
    IMHO, I don't think they are trying to encourage to smoke in other countries (directly).

Prices of cigs outside Singapore are beyond their control, so they cannot really control the situation outside Singapore shores...

And furthermore, I don't think anyone purposely goes to JB for 'smoking camp' or something... If I'm not wrong, they limit the amount of cigs from JB.

So I think they are trying to discourage smoking by raising prices..

And if I wasn't dreaming, was there an article on the papers / media that they are going to raise the prices of alcohol as well?
    Or was I really dreaming?

Not really raise the prices of alcohol... but they ARE going to change the tax structure... therfore in future some alcohols will cost more but a few will actually cost you less.....

snowman
    Guests

i thought the gov is trying to discourage teens from picking up this expensive habit?..... i think tats the main objective..... cus when u start... it will be very diffcult to stop.... and discouraging teens to start is probably the best long term solution...

maybe they are trying to discourage everyone from smoking....by taxing ciggs and making them expensive
    and heard that they are going to do some media coverage on smoking and the bad effects....

snowman
    Guests

Originally posted by Silverelf
    Not really raise the prices of alcohol... but they ARE going to change the tax structure... therfore in future some alcohols will cost more but a few will actually cost you less.....
    u mean those like Jolly Sandy?

if i had my way i'd ban smoking outright..create a worldwide sensation.. but i know this is forever impossible

1 month back... i jus bought 2 cartons of marlboro

yeah

UP UP UP

I hate pple who smoke in the lift, toilet or at bus stop....cos no way u can avoid the 2nd hand smoke
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by snowman
    u mean those like Jolly Sandy?
    If I'm not wrong the one with lower alcohol content will cost less in future..... But I'm not a drinker of alcohol so I may have got my facts wrong

yeah man, garment discourage ppl from smoking... but they dun wan all to quit becos..if all quit they no income.

Hi

Good luck to all the smokers!!! paying higher price for causing harm to others and also themselves.

i think Govt is smart and the increased in the price will also mean more advertisement forcing people to quit smoking. I dun really like seeing those grossed advertisement but I guess it's disgusting enuff.

Hope to see more grossed and disgusting advertisements from the Ministry of Health. More grossed and digust will make more ppl quit!!!

Default Re: Wah liew, cigarette prices went UP again !!

kindred
    Wah, You got such "kang tau" should let CSmember know mah, see know we all pay for expensive cigratte and you get cheaper one......

Originally posted by kindred
    Wah...the info given by my friend few days ago is very accurate..he said that the price for tobaccos will increase by $0.50 for small packs & $1.00 for big packs.

i didn't believe it at first...but luckily i went to get 4 cartons @ one of the kopitiam(no harm buying some backup packs)...heheh and now saved $40.00

the small packs from $3.40 went up to $3.90 now.

Bigger packs from $6.70 to $7.70 now...

i think next few yrs cigarettes will be $10.00 for small packs

$22.00 for king size....

Simple....

If want to smoke don't complain. If cannot tahan the price, quit. If want to smoke but cannot tahan the price, smuggle in contrabands...... If afraid to smuggle in contrabands then simple, QUIT!!

Originally posted by ~Radish~
    Hi

Good luck to all the smokers!!! paying higher price for causing harm to others and also themselves.

i think Govt is smart and the increased in the price will also mean more advertisement forcing people to quit smoking. I dun really like seeing those grossed advertisement but I guess it's disgusting enuff.

Hope to see more grossed and disgusting advertisements from the Ministry of Health. More grossed and digust will make more ppl quit!!!
    I don't see any correlation bewtween increased prices and increased discouraging advertisements......

Originally posted by Silverelf
    I don't see any correlation bewtween increased prices and increased discouraging advertisements......
    Well...they are just trying to cre8 more "barriers" to pple who smoke n thinking of smoking....

My pov....

But however, i think price hikes aint gona work, since the die hard will just scrimp on other things in their life n pay for the ciggies....

Just curious....How many cartons are there in a box? And how many packs in a carton?

Seen my friend's pop who stock them in the store....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12