Thread: White Screen?

Default White Screen?

Sorry if I sound vague, but I really have no idea what is is called. I'm looking for a white screen as a studio background for the things I want to take pics of, and taking it in a way that the items do not cast a shadow.

An example would be something like this:
    http://www.sharpics.com/

Anyone know's if there's any shop selling something like that or similar, and what's the price like?

Default Re: White Screen?

seriously, i think u're better off with a light tent or light box... should work much better than that... it just looks like a reflective white screen to me, and even then, it does not necessarily mean it'll eliminate shadows all the time, esp if u're using only 1 flash...
    Canon EOS 30D w/ grip 580EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S 10-22mm
    :bsmilie:

you can use projector screen to do that,

or a light table.

but if you totally remove the shadow is not advisable, it will make your item like floating in the air.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Thanks for the advice guys!
    Ya, i'm trying to capture the pics as if the items are floating, sort of like a photoshopped image, juz that i want to minimise the photoshoping job.

I actually thought of getting a projector screen, not sure if its gonna do the job. Where can i find a light box or light tent in sg?

thanks again.

Blog Entries

looks like just some reflective material in a breifcase

if you have a glass table, you can place the light tent on top of the table and
    place a flash under the table pointing up to the light tent, to light up the base (eliminate shadows)
    then place other flash/s for your subject

you can also use very bright lights instead of flash

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Sorry if I sound vague, but I really have no idea what is is called. I'm looking for a white screen as a studio background for the things I want to take pics of, and taking it in a way that the items do not cast a shadow.

An example would be something like this:
    http://www.sharpics.com/

Anyone know's if there's any shop selling something like that or similar, and what's the price like?
    Hello Laurent,
    The fruit bowl pix has been photoshopped to take out the shadows. The only way to do this on the cheap is to get a thick white plexiglass sheet from a hardware shop and light it from the bottom with a flash to kill the shadows cast from your key light. Otherwise, you can get a light tent like what Ortega suggested or a still life table to do this. Basically they work the same way but the still life table is more expensive. I saw a light tent in Eastgear once, not sure about pricing. Sorry.

http://www.adorama.com/BG220.html

Best
    Wes
    Last edited by wesley; 14th March 2007 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks for your input guys. really appreciate it.
    Wesley, thanks for the tips. I will go scout for a light tent.
    Cheers.