Thread: Re-post: Las Vegas

Default Re-post: Las Vegas

I have posted this in HWZ just after Christmas. My wife and I went to Las Vegas for Chirstmas vacation. Here are some of my favourite, and you can see the rest at the link below.

If you have not seen this, hope you like it.
    If you have seen this and liked it before, hope you will like it again .
    If you have seen these and didn't like it, maybe you will like it this time .

The hotel we stayed at, the Luxor:

The lion og the MGM Grand:

The Luxor monument:
    Last edited by roygoh; 7th March 2002 at 12:22 PM.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

The MGM Grand:

The Bellagio fountain:

The New York New York:
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

The fountain at Paris:

The rest can be seen here:

Night Scenes

Day Scenes

Thanks!

Roy

wow....like the last one...btw u using wat camera again....did u use a tripod for the nite shots? mine tripod is a small one den it's abit diff lor...haf to find higher support to support my tripod

also like the Bellagio fountain...very nice....u were in a helicopter ah?

Originally posted by AqUaRiU5
    wow....like the last one...btw u using wat camera again....did u use a tripod for the nite shots? mine tripod is a small one den it's abit diff lor...haf to find higher support to support my tripod

also like the Bellagio fountain...very nice....u were in a helicopter ah?
    Camera is Nikon CP995.

Most of the night shots taken with tripod. Tripod is a mini Slik model bought many years ago. Costed me about S$30. Sometimes I set it up like a monopod, and rest it on my belt and shoot at eye level for shuttle speeds up to 1 sec. If I keep gaining weight then someday I will have to rest it on my belly.

The Bellagio fountain was taken from the top of the Eifel Tower across the street.

huh? u said u set up ur tripod into a monopod and rest it on ur belt? can shoot it at eye level? this is confusing me.....

Please don't laugh...but I hope the following will give you the picture, literally...

p.s. The model featured in the drawing prefers to stay anonymous, and the camera he is using is not known also...

i like the luxor pic...like those in batman movies...

Originally posted by roygoh
    Please don't laugh...but I hope the following will give you the picture, literally...

p.s. The model featured in the drawing prefers to stay anonymous, and the camera he is using is not known also...
    hehehehe...did u drew that pic?? sorry but i had to laugh when i saw that pic....

Originally posted by Goose

hehehehe...did u drew that pic?? sorry but i had to laugh when i saw that pic....
    Well, I did draw that picture. Hope it illustrated well what I was talking about.

haiz....my tripod quite small leh....the most extend up to chest area like tt cannot leh.....

nice shot...and nice technique....was in LV 3 years ago ('99 x'mas) but only bring along a Ricoh GR10 point & shot film camera....and my nite scene are all hand-shot...hope i got chance to go again and have more good shot like u ... (will bring my slik compact and a tight belt )

have not scan the shot....too lazy...will scan and share with u guys...

Originally posted by roygoh

Well, I did draw that picture. Hope it illustrated well what I was talking about.
    hehehe...but it's well drawn. Cute and funny!!!

Originally posted by Goose

hehehe...but it's well drawn. Cute and funny!!!

Thanks!