Thread: Seomthing to play back time lapses?

Default Seomthing to play back time lapses?

Hello all,

I am looking for a programme wherer I can play back my time lapse photos taken with a D200.

Some people recommended Viirtual Dub (not sure if it was on this forum) but the programme I have on my computer is definitely not up to scratch. It plays back the files without reproducing the colours properly; i.e. a blue sky comes out with only about five different shades of blue so you can see the distinction in colour across the sky instead of a smooth transition. I also adjusted the frame rate but the photos play back at the same speed. I also cannot use the large sized pictures from the D200 and can only use the small size or it will only play back at around 2 frames per second if not less.

Has anyone used quick time pro. I think I had a cracked copy of it before and it worked quite well but I am considering buy the real version. I just want to know if anyone else has used it and can recommend it.

If you know any other programmes which you use for this purpose successfully please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Alan.

Default Re: Seomthing to play back time lapses?

Quote Originally Posted by bingbongbiddley View Post
    Hello all,

I am looking for a programme wherer I can play back my time lapse photos taken with a D200.

Some people recommended Viirtual Dub (not sure if it was on this forum) but the programme I have on my computer is definitely not up to scratch. It plays back the files without reproducing the colours properly; i.e. a blue sky comes out with only about five different shades of blue so you can see the distinction in colour across the sky instead of a smooth transition. I also adjusted the frame rate but the photos play back at the same speed. I also cannot use the large sized pictures from the D200 and can only use the small size or it will only play back at around 2 frames per second if not less.

Has anyone used quick time pro. I think I had a cracked copy of it before and it worked quite well but I am considering buy the real version. I just want to know if anyone else has used it and can recommend it.

If you know any other programmes which you use for this purpose successfully please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Alan.
    Quicktime Pro's great. Highly reccommended. Follows Industry standard and is an industry standard. Otherwise to make things easy, just use keynotes to organize then export as a movie file. I'd avoid using iPhoto for this. It's a tad not smooth when you export as a movie unless you know a work around.

Default Re: Seomthing to play back time lapses?

Thanks for the recommendation. That's the way I remember my illegal version of quicktime so I'm willing to go for the real version and be a good citizen for a change.

Sorry, but what is keynotes? Is this something to do with quicktime? I don't have iphoto.

With quicktime can you select the frame rate to be whatever you want between a given rate?

Thanks for the help.