Default Re: Sandisk and Kingston service

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    what a lame excuse to boycott a brand.
    i think so too...

Default Just buy kingston

Lasty 6 mth i happen to pop buy Havey Norman bought a Scandisk Ultra II
    i ask the sales man is this life time warrenty ? he say Yes lifetime
    so who cares use lor
    Performance very good compare to my kingston of course my kingston is a normal type
    but last mth i use some some ware to check my kingston got some bad sectors
    sent them down to convergent they did some check no question ask replace all the 3 of them,but on last friday i was suppose to take some picture for my sons sports day loaded my cam with Scandisk Ultra II the card could not read or write it was my mistake that i did not bring extra card with me becos i trusted the name Sandisk and it still fail ,But the sad part was not the missing part of photography of my son sports event still manage to run home to pick up my faithful kingston

But today i went down to Sandisk agent thought can replace one to one
    they say sorry u need a receipt i told then i thought it is lifetime they say yes but need receipt, so if u guys out there need to own a scandisk please laminate ur receipt (maybe frame it up) and make sure it life time

But Kingston at convergent no question Ask just replace dun even ask receipt

I got a friend sent his 1 GB card that fail (kingston) they got no 1GB card that time but Replace him a 2 GB
    any fellow shooter got the same experience?

Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

I used mainly Sandisk Ultra II and Extreme III CF cards (from 2 GB to 4GB). These cards did not give any problems, yet; hopefully not. As for receipts for electronic items, I file them and I don't throw receipts away.

If I am not mistaken, lifetime warranty means the useful lifetime of the product. Not the user's lifetime.

The lesson learnt
    1. bring more than one memory card regardless
    2. check camera, card & equipment, make sure they work seamlessly before going out to shoot
    3. keep the receipts for warranty claims

i use ultra II and i throw away the receipts and never had a problem. lol

yeah, i like kingston, but i think kingston stuff are getting hard to find??

btw ts, your son sport day was in the same day as my school sport day.. same school? lol

I was thinking of getting Sandisk but this is the reason for Not getting one, in case I lose my receipt.

Sandisk card is fast if you do burst but how many of you torture your camera with the burst mode. Phsycologically, having a fast card provides the "feel good" feeling for some.

For me a couple of Kingston cards is fine. If ever any fails, I'll have a piece of mind about changing it without any problems. Anyway which card doesn't go dead in time?

With Kingston, No need to worry about any receipt, No need to worry about fake stuffs.

I'll have a piece of mind.
    Last edited by greenieadi; 17th March 2007 at 07:14 PM.

btw i did complain to the sales exe who delievered sandisk product to my shop
    so I KPO ask him why.

Ans: They need a receipt cos they want to avoid 1 to 1 exchange for parallel import products. Then he give me some excuses which I cant remember

Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    I was thinking of getting Sandisk but this is the reason for Not getting one, in case I lose my receipt.

Sandisk card is fast if you do burst but how many of you torture your camera with the burst mode. Phsycologically, having a fast card provides the "feel good" feeling for some.

For me a couple of Kingston cards is fine. If ever any fails, I'll have a piece of mind about changing it without any problems. Anyway which card doesn't go dead in time?

With Kingston, No need to worry about any receipt, No need to worry about fake stuffs.

I'll have a piece of mind.
    Oh suuuuuuuuuure. Nobody is cloning Kingston because their products are slow and not worth cloning. Many of us got the Sandisk Extreme because it offers good value plus good speed since RAW files are getting larger by the year. The feel good factor is subjective.

I'll have a peace of mind as well since I got my Extreme III cards from an authorised reseller and I actually make an effort to keep my receipts properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Oh suuuuuuuuuure. Nobody is cloning Kingston because their products are slow and not worth cloning. Many of us got the Sandisk Extreme because it offers good value plus good speed since RAW files are getting larger by the year. The feel good factor is subjective.

I'll have a peace of mind as well since I got my Extreme III cards from an authorised reseller and I actually make an effort to keep my receipts properly.
    Yeah, do check your Sandisk is not fake, Ok?

Default Re: Just buy kingston

Quote Originally Posted by PCYL View Post
    Lasty 6 mth i happen to pop buy Havey Norman bought a Scandisk Ultra II
    i ask the sales man is this life time warrenty ? he say Yes lifetime
    so who cares use lor
    Performance very good compare to my kingston of course my kingston is a normal type
    but last mth i use some some ware to check my kingston got some bad sectors
    sent them down to convergent they did some check no question ask replace all the 3 of them,but on last friday i was suppose to take some picture for my sons sports day loaded my cam with Scandisk Ultra II the card could not read or write it was my mistake that i did not bring extra card with me becos i trusted the name Sandisk and it still fail ,But the sad part was not the missing part of photography of my son sports event still manage to run home to pick up my faithful kingston

But today i went down to Sandisk agent thought can replace one to one
    they say sorry u need a receipt i told then i thought it is lifetime they say yes but need receipt, so if u guys out there need to own a scandisk please laminate ur receipt (maybe frame it up) and make sure it life time

But Kingston at convergent no question Ask just replace dun even ask receipt

I got a friend sent his 1 GB card that fail (kingston) they got no 1GB card that time but Replace him a 2 GB
    any fellow shooter got the same experience?
    Post something better will ya? This is starting to stink of commercial motives.

I know that it is polite to ask.

I will always be polite. Until I am confronted by someone that is either stupid or doesn't give a f**k.

You are entitled to a replacement or repair if the device states, "life time warranty".

Who is responsible for carrying out the replacement or repair will depend on where you live.

Ultimately it is the manufacturer that states it on their product, but here in Australia it is also the seller of the item.

The seller here is selling it with the claim so they are resopnsible. "ACCC takes care of this one".

In so far as the manufacturer is concerned it is the card not the holder that carries the warranty.

Even if you stole it and it is faulty, the manufacturer is bound to live up to their warranty.

Don't be fooled by salespeople that can be too lazy to do their job of post sales work.

If you have a problem with where you bought the card, email Sandisk head office and I am sure it will be sorted.

Cheers

P.S. I have a few different memory cards and my preferred ones are Sandisk Extreem III

Never had any trouble with them
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123