Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Quote Originally Posted by the mac 13 View Post
    What's the beef?
    out of scope of this thread.
    in short, philips tv and VCR repaired countless times by the company and continue failing. repair bill in total was very high. then the wasted leave and transport costs. maybe can buy new one already.
    Panasonic and Sony are more reliable.

    toshiba notebook - once brought for svc. repair tech said before looking at it, we charge $XX whether anything is wrong or not. Plus I think they charged $40 (cannot recall but a lot) for a small mouse port plastic cover the size of a two 5 cent coins.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    lexar also no need reciept, by convergent

  3. #23

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    the reason why Sandisk products need reciept is because there are TOOOOO many parallel imported sandisk cards floating on the market. worst, sandisk seems to have the worst in fake products. the reciept is to verify where you buy the card from, and for Vector Magnetics to know if they've sold cards to the shop or not.

    but i feel you. why? it's simply sandisk's fault in not able to control the market when it comes to fake / parallel products. not to mention they're so much more expensive for nothing.

    no, i dont believe in card reliability. i've used kingston, used transcend, used lexar used sandisk, and all of them failed before in a way or another. believe it or not, you're just buying the name, since there isn't alot of memory card making factories around the world. =)

  4. #24
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: Sandisk and Kingston service

    another way is the scan the receipts, keep them as photo files or convert to adobe acrobat documents, always a possibility hardcopies will fade over time...

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Sandisk and Kingston service

    I'm perfectly fine with this. Reason being there are too many resellers in the market, importing stuffs from overseas. The local agent just need to safeguard their interests. Also, they might face problems if someone comes in with a fake CF card and insists that they bear the warranty for it.

    Furthermore, I cant help but find that you are trying to discredit Sandisk with your statement "i trusted the name Sandisk and it still fail". Now, trusting one brand doesnt mean that it wouldnt fail you. So you've bought that particular brand of TV for your house because you trust it. Do you mean to say it will never spoil or do you mean you don't trust the brand that you bought because it will spoil? Then why buy it in the first place?

    Isnt it the same for electronics e.g. your camera? Didnt they asked for receipt when you send it in for servicing? Does it mean to say that they are not good?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    the reason why Sandisk products need reciept is because there are TOOOOO many parallel imported sandisk cards floating on the market. worst, sandisk seems to have the worst in fake products. the reciept is to verify where you buy the card from, and for Vector Magnetics to know if they've sold cards to the shop or not.

    but i feel you. why? it's simply sandisk's fault in not able to control the market when it comes to fake / parallel products. not to mention they're so much more expensive for nothing.

    no, i dont believe in card reliability. i've used kingston, used transcend, used lexar used sandisk, and all of them failed before in a way or another. believe it or not, you're just buying the name, since there isn't alot of memory card making factories around the world. =)
    Doesn't Sandisk have international warranty? I suspect its the local distributer that is being anal here....

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Singapore Central
    Posts
    342

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    Er... show that you bought it?
    Imagine if someone were to steal your camera, you wouldn't want the thief to be able to enjoy the benefit of lifetime warranty on the card inside the camera, would you? Simply keep all receipts and if you were to buy something with a lifetime warranty in the second hand market, you may want to ask for the receipt as well. Otherwise, that person could well be selling you a stolen item.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Thread merged.

    Please do not create duplicate threads in multiple forums.

    Moderator
    Marketplace

  9. #29

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    Doesn't Sandisk have international warranty? I suspect its the local distributer that is being anal here....
    when manufacturers provide warranty, it really doesn't matter if it's international or not. because ultimately, the manufacturer would be able to replace the defective product to the distributor.

    however, there're costs involve in this replacement proceedure. it costs money to ship the dead card back. it also take cost to have someone at the distributor's office handling these return proceedures.

    however, as the SOLE distributor of sandisk, they could have did a better job in controlling PIs and fake products.

    not to mention, we're paying up to 80% more (at least on the 2GB cards..) as compared to "lesser" brands like trancend, lexar, kingston etc. with this much premium and this kinda service, it's really really sad.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Heheh...just bought a Sandisk card yesterday, so it's a good thing I still have the receipt. Usually I make it a point to keep all receipts. Either file them away with your expenses or other bills, or simply put them into the box from which the product came from. Then stash all these boxes in a cabinet somewhere. It doesn't hurt to keep a receipt or even a box.

    Lifetime warranty does have different meanings. I've even been told by a salesman that when a product has 'warranty for the lifetime of the product', it simply means that the product is only guaranteed as long as it is still on sale on the market. When things go obsolete at such a rapid pace and are quickly taken off the shelves, how long is the warranty in reality? One or two years at most?

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Quote Originally Posted by togu View Post
    Thread merged.

    Please do not create duplicate threads in multiple forums.

    Moderator
    Marketplace
    Mod, can do something abt such crappy threadstarters like banning them outright?

    Start something once in a subsection can liaoz. Spam other subsections dunno for wad. Kaoz.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Hold on a second.

    You mean when u buy things, u simply THROW AWAY THE RECEIPT?!

    'Framing it up' in your words, is simply from anger to exaggeration to the point where ur line of argument simply becomes lame.

    If based on this, u want to get sympathy points for ur case and persuading everyone not to buy Sandisk, sorry, u dun get mine. U can try others though.
    Usually I will keep the warranty card but not the receipt. Oops. Think too late for some of mine....

  13. #33
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    erhh guys..me worried liao..

    Bought a Sandisk 4GB SD @ the booth @ IT show. Receipt is the fax type paper quality, the text will fade after a while...so if the words/text fade off (assume app. 2 months later), it means the WARRANTY oso FADE OFF?

    the counter lady tells me that the receipt is the warrantly only..!

    and i found out later that it is $5 more than other booth who are selling the similar product.
    damn!..not honest not honest..

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    erhh guys..me worried liao..

    Bought a Sandisk 4GB SD @ the booth @ IT show. Receipt is the fax type paper quality, the text will fade after a while...so if the words/text fade off (assume app. 2 months later), it means the WARRANTY oso FADE OFF?

    the counter lady tells me that the receipt is the warrantly only..!

    and i found out later that it is $5 more than other booth who are selling the similar product.
    damn!..not honest not honest..
    Do a photocopy and staple the original to it. This way, you can back your claims.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    Do a photocopy and staple the original to it. This way, you can back your claims.
    People seem to refuse to make full use of the technology available to us...

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    People seem to refuse to make full use of the technology available to us...
    Photograph the receipt and then print it out?

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Sandisk and Kingston service

    what a lame excuse to boycott a brand.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Something is not quite right in this case and it may be commercially motivated. Eh, but somehow NONE of the various brands of memory cards I bought have ever failed on me. I find it strange people got so many issues.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Something is not quite right in this case and it may be commercially motivated. Eh, but somehow NONE of the various brands of memory cards I bought have ever failed on me. I find it strange people got so many issues.
    cos the many you are refering to is not that many at all.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Why buy Kingston than Sandisk

    That's why I only use Lexar Professional. Convergent provides excellent service. Got one of my Lexar CF replaced 1-to-1 recently and no questions asked. The service technician just simply look at it and said: "ok, I will get you a new one from our store. Just wait over there and help yourself with the water dispenser." I am done and out in less than 15 minutes. Now, that's quick and easy.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th March 2007 at 03:45 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •