Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any dermatologist to recommend?

Default any dermatologist to recommend?

Hi people,

I need to see a dermatologist for some rashes around my waist which is spreading to the rest of my body.

Any recommendations? I googled and all I found is cosmetics recommendations at singaporebrides.com .....

I need a doctor who is good at treating rashes, not pimples....

HELP

I live in the north so a doctor at Mt Alvernia or somewhere north will be nice BUT I don't care if I have to go to changi to get myself healed.
    Last edited by wind30; 12th March 2007 at 08:17 PM.

Default Re: any dermatologist to recommend?

Loke Skin Clinic Pte Ltd
    1, Sophia Road, #04-20, Peace Centre, Singapore 228149
    Tel : 6337 4926

I think this come very highly recommended by frens....

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    Loke Skin Clinic Pte Ltd
    1, Sophia Road, #04-20, Peace Centre, Singapore 228149
    Tel : 6337 4926

I think this come very highly recommended by frens....
    Yeah, I would recommend this too. This old doctor has been practising for the past few decades and had a clinic in Middle Rd, near the former Middle Hospital, before he shifted to the present location. He's highly sought after and his clinic is always packed.
    Last edited by redstorm; 12th March 2007 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Yeah, I would recommend this too. This old doctor has been practising for the past few decades and had a clinic in Middle Rd, near the Middle Hospital, before he shifted to the present location. He's highly sought after and his clinic is always packed.

he is a good doc..

Go for National Skin Centre for alternative

www.nsc.gov.sg
    Call them for reservation...

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Hi people,

I need to see a dermatologist for some rashes around my waist which is spreading to the rest of my body.

Any recommendations? I googled and all I found is cosmetics recommendations at singaporebrides.com .....

HELP

I live in the north so a doctor at Mt Alvernia or somewhere north will be nice BUT I don't care if I have to go to changi to get myself healed.
    Jack of all trade, but to a master of none... The RSAF...

Quote Originally Posted by sethkoo View Post
    Go for National Skin Centre for alternative

www.nsc.gov.sg
    Call them for reservation...
    I tried nsc but there are sooo many dermatologist there so I am not sure which one to choose...

any other recommendations?

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Dr Tay Chong Hai @ Mt E. He is the first from South East Asia to have a disease named after him...Tay Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post

Recommend you to Dr. Seow C. S from national skin centre.
    He is very good and friendly.

Dr. Seow C.S from B2, 3rd level.

i suspect what u are having is called "snake" in chinese. This "snake" thing will occur around ur front stomache area, and then slowly spread to the back of ur body... This has nothing to do with cosmetics etc, so no point seeking dermatologists.

What u should do now is to go to the clinic immediately and get a injection by them. They will also give u some medicine.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    i suspect what u are having is called "snake" in chinese. This "snake" thing will occur around ur front stomache area, and then slowly spread to the back of ur body... This has nothing to do with cosmetics etc, so no point seeking dermatologists.

What u should do now is to go to the clinic immediately and get a injection by them. They will also give u some medicine.
    I think you are referring to Shingles.

http://www.medinfo.co.uk/conditions/shingles.html

The old wives tale is that you will die if you allow the "snake's" head to meet it's tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    I think you are referring to Shingles.

http://www.medinfo.co.uk/conditions/shingles.html

The old wives tale is that you will die if you allow the "snake's" head to meet it's tail.
    ah....yes!!!!! i cant remember the english term for this "snake" thing..
    ya.. that's a myth that if the snake head meets the tail i.e. the rash goes round one circle your body, u will die...

However, this shingles thingy is indeed deadly if not treated quickly.. go see any doctor now..
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

I have seen two GPs already. It is not shingles lah as the rash is not painful, just itchy.

Not too sure if you trust the traditional Chinese method. Its a myth but usefully quite useful.

IIRC, its something like getting someone born in the year of Tiger and write the Chinese character of "Tiger" or "HU" on your forehead.

Haha don't ask me the reason coz I've seen that it works personally before!

One thing though is the chinese herbal remedy seems to help quite a lot, consisting of chrysathenum and Japanese honeysuckle.

Anyway, today it seems better after the chinese herbs.

since this is a photography forum why not take a picture of the rash and show it here, maybe some of us can help

Quote Originally Posted by husaini View Post
    since this is a photography forum why not take a picture of the rash and show it here, maybe some of us can help

and perhaps with a macro lens?

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    Not too sure if you trust the traditional Chinese method. Its a myth but usefully quite useful.

IIRC, its something like getting someone born in the year of Tiger and write the Chinese character of "Tiger" or "HU" on your forehead.

Haha don't ask me the reason coz I've seen that it works personally before!
    Writing the chinese character "Tiger" has got nothing to do with shingles (snakes) or being born in the year of the Tiger. Writing the character "Tiger" is for those suffering from mump. The character is written in black ink on cheek (or is it neck, can't recall).

Writing the chinese character "Tiger" has got nothing to do with shingles (snakes) or being born in the year of the Tiger. Writing the character "Tiger" is for those suffering from mump. The character is written in black ink on cheek (or is it neck, can't recall).
    for those who can't write the chinese word... 虎。。。 option is write english... but to write TIGER is going to cover the entire face, else too small to cure the problem... so best bet...

WHO
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    for those who can't write the chinese word... 虎。。。 option is write english... but to write TIGER is going to cover the entire face, else too small to cure the problem... so best bet...

WHO
    No lah, the character "Tiger" doesn't have to be big enough to cover the whole face. Just a small one will do. Size of the character got nothing to do with the effect on the disease. I had a small character written on my cheek when I had mump when I was a kid. It was certainly effective.

No lah, the character "Tiger" doesn't have to be big enough to cover the whole face. Just a small one will do. Size of the character got nothing to do with the effect on the disease. I had a small character written on my cheek when I had mump when I was a kid. It was certainly effective.
    cheem... makes the MMR jab redundant...

maybe they might come out with a pore pack, paste over the mumps for instant relieve... 1000year old formula...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast