Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 119 of 119

Thread: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

  1. #101

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Proper sources, what appointment holder or what, on the Internet you can be a supermodel, Superman or a beggar I also don't know whether it's true or not.

    As far as I'm concerned, you haven't provided any concrete proof. Until you can, then I have the right to dispute this!
    Ok, here's the link.

    http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/pub.../feb06_cs.html

    • Allowances
    NSmen who are key command and staff appointment holders can expect additional allowances on top of their service and make up pay.

    This is to recognise appointment holders like Brigade and Battalion Commanders, Regimental Sergeant Majors, Officers Commanding and Company Sergeant Majors, for shouldering greater responsibilities as the SAF transforms into a 3G force.

    • Tax relief
    Currently all NSmen are eligible for a tax relief of $1,500. Those who performed NS activities in the preceding calendar year get a higher quantum of $3,000. Parents and spouses of NSmen have a tax relief of $750. RECORD IV is recommending that NS key command and staff appointment holders get an additional tax relief quantum of $2,000.

  2. #102

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    How much more?

    Tell me!

  3. #103

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    How much more?

    Tell me!
    Why you want to know how much? You don't know got alot of red tape one meh?
    If I tell you, will you believe me?

  4. #104

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Why you want to know how much? You don't know got alot of red tape one meh?
    If I tell you, will you believe me?
    Red tape?



    Wa lau, if allowance token like my NS pay.. Then it would be very funny won't it.. Must know if big or small what!

    $1 also additional allowance leh.

  5. #105

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Red tape?



    Wa lau, if allowance token like my NS pay.. Then it would be very funny won't it.. Must know if big or small what!

    $1 also additional allowance leh.
    I told you in my previous post a Major get 5k right?

    Here's the link.

    http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/new...may02_fs2.html



    KEY APPOINTMENT HOLDER ALLOWANCE
    AND RESPONSIBILITY ALLOWANCE

    Key Appointment Holder Allowance (per year)

    Eligible: Brigade Commander, Brigade 2IC, Brigade Principal Staff Officer, Battalion Commander, Regimental Sergeant Major, and equivalent.


    Rank

    Current Allowance

    Revised Allowance



    2nd Sergeant (2SG) $705 $1,260

    1st Sergeant (1SG) $795 $1,440

    Staff Sergeant (SSG) $920 $1,570

    Master Sergeant (MSG) $1,140 $1,700

    2nd Warrant Officer (2WO) $1,150 $1,890

    1st Warrant Officer (1WO) $1,350 $2,200

    Master Warrant Officer (MWO) $1,430 $2,520

    Senior Warrant Officer (SWO) $1,520 $3,150

    Lieutenant (LTA) $1,290 $1,890

    Captain (CPT) $2,220 $3,150

    Major (MAJ) $3,500 $4,410

    Lieutenant-Colonel (LTC) $4,975 $5,670

    Colonel (COL) $5,350 $7,560
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 13th March 2007 at 05:10 PM.

  6. #106

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    5K A YEAR , that's 400+ a month lor
    Now you know why I ask you to tell me? =D
    5K a month versus 5K a year, big difference hor.
    Careful when you sign job contract, later you land 5K a year job.. =D

    This is how misinformation is spread.
    Change one word, you change the whole meaning.
    Last edited by night86mare; 13th March 2007 at 05:14 PM.

  7. #107

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    5K A YEAR , that's 400+ a month lor
    Now you know why I ask you to tell me? =D
    5K a month versus 5K a year, big difference hor.
    Careful when you sign job contract, later you land 5K a year job.. =D

    This is how misinformation is spread.
    Change one word, you change the whole meaning.
    Uncle, I didn't say it is 5k/month leh.
    I said during In-Camp, march the battalion up and down for two weeks and you get $5K.
    Two week = $5k ++ (+Tax relief + Additional tax relief)
    One day = $500++ (assuming 5 days week).


  8. #108

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post

    As for putting more buses on the road, lets see the situation:

    On the assumption COEs increase and everyone wants to buy cars
    1) Car prices drop, fuel prices go up, carpark increase, ERP up. There are people now who still holds the mentality of 'car prices drop' but fail to realise that the minimum upkeep for private vehicles remained consistently at $1K (if u lower 1 end, u raise the bar for the other). Ok, the number of cars increase on the road, compete with road space with increased bus frequency. Roads get jammed, public transport commuters get late, blame who?

    On the assumption COEs decrease/private transport's banned
    1) Car prices go up. Lesser new cars on the road right? Wrong! There are people who would turn to 2nd hand cars. Assuming if everyone mothers son of us, holds the mentality of not buying cars, the economy would simply collapse. No demand, car companies go bust and affect the cycle of economy. Emotional thoughts aside, put into hard cold logic of economics. U probably studied Econs or Business during ur Poly/Uni days, tell me abt the full cycle.

    Between public transport, keeping the economy in check to maintain the demand for private vehicle ownership as well as keeping ppl satisfied (u guys would go rabid if govt were to outright ban private transport ownership or raise the minimum upkeep bar to $2K/mth), its a delicate game of balance which I can daresay, I dun even have the solution to keeping the balance in check.

    Anyone here have a solution which would not affect the entire balance of scale?

    Haha.. Me just have O level. But I will try to tackle your points.

    The number of car on the road is fixed. The fluctuation in the number of COE released by LTA is to keep the total number of car on road constant. Whether buying new or second hand car, the final number has been fixed.

    When you improve the bus service to a world class standard, people will have less incentive to buy car, in turn, there will be fewer cars on the road. As long the satisfaction level for taking public transport is higher, people will not want to buy car.
    It is much more economical to move people in bus than having each of them driving a car.

    Our economy will definitely not collapse when we import Zero car.
    We do not produce Oil and we do not manufacture cars.
    We are exporting cold hard cash in exchange for them, in the process we have become poorer.
    It is the same, when you pay for a hair cut, the barber gets richer and you get poorer.
    On the second note, it will be environmental concerns, the damage done is irreversible and is very hard to quantify.

    I think there is this thing calls the carbon dioxide trading. People who emit more carbon dioxide will have pay those who don’t. I think this is a good way to keep the balance.

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Haha.. Me just have O level. But I will try to tackle your points.

    The number of car on the road is fixed. The fluctuation in the number of COE released by LTA is to keep the total number of car on road constant. Whether buying new or second hand car, the final number has been fixed.

    When you improve the bus service to a world class standard, people will have less incentive to buy car, in turn, there will be fewer cars on the road. As long the satisfaction level for taking public transport is higher, people will not want to buy car.
    It is much more economical to move people in bus than having each of them driving a car.

    Our economy will definitely not collapse when we import Zero car.
    We do not produce Oil and we do not manufacture cars.
    We are exporting cold hard cash in exchange for them, in the process we have become poorer.
    It is the same, when you pay for a hair cut, the barber gets richer and you get poorer.
    On the second note, it will be environmental concerns, the damage done is irreversible and is very hard to quantify.

    I think there is this thing calls the carbon dioxide trading. People who emit more carbon dioxide will have pay those who don’t. I think this is a good way to keep the balance.
    if only the world is as simple as this.

    you can control the number of cars, but can you control where these cars will go at a specific time? therein the peak hour jam.

    you might not agree that the public transport is world class, but it's really not bad, just not perfect (like anything's going to be perfect) i have little complaints about the services, what i don't like is the rather fragile reasons given each time a farehike comes.

    do you know that if the whole world stop using cars, singapore is going to be in deep ****?

  10. #110

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    if only the world is as simple as this.

    you can control the number of cars, but can you control where these cars will go at a specific time? therein the peak hour jam.

    you might not agree that the public transport is world class, but it's really not bad, just not perfect (like anything's going to be perfect) i have little complaints about the services, what i don't like is the rather fragile reasons given each time a farehike comes.

    do you know that if the whole world stop using cars, singapore is going to be in deep ****?
    Ok, fair commets for the first part...
    Why Singapore in deep ****, can explain more?
    Check with you, is the train sevice in Japan very puncture?
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 13th March 2007 at 05:43 PM.

  11. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Ok, fair commets for the first part...
    Why Singapore in deep ****, can explain more?
    Check with you, is the train sevice in Japan very puncture?
    i don't think the trains in japan run on pneumatic tyres.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  12. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Ok, fair commets...
    Check with you, is the train sevice in Japan very puncture?
    there are no punctured tyres, but they are quite punctual

    off peak schedules are usually accurate, but delays are common during peak hours, except the circle line, where trains come literally every 2 min (and they still are packed like hell)

    factoring in the rather frequent occurence of suicides, delays do drag on at times. and not forgetting occurences of power shortages (infrequent, but not rare)

  13. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Silence Sky, if you're going to spend your entire life comparing singapore to other places, you'll be missing out on the meaning of being alive.

  14. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Why Singapore in deep ****, can explain more?
    missed out on this ... there are a couple of books on singapore's economic development since independence in the library, go do some homework and you'll know.

  15. #115

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Uncle, I didn't say it is 5k/month leh.
    I said during In-Camp, march the battalion up and down for two weeks and you get $5K.
    Two week = $5k ++ (+Tax relief + Additional tax relief)
    One day = $500++ (assuming 5 days week).

    Uh huh.
    But that's not what your last quoted site says. It says $5K a year on top of their replacement salary , which is only fair.

    Pro-rated, is not $500 hor. Even with your $1.5K tax relief, which EVERY OTHER NSMAN gets anyways, not very fair hor you.

  16. #116

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    i don't think the trains in japan run on pneumatic tyres.
    Pardon me,, me O level only..English D7.

  17. #117

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    Silence Sky, if you're going to spend your entire life comparing singapore to other places, you'll be missing out on the meaning of being alive.
    Eikin:

    Before, I was not like that. I am easily contented, i am happy with almost everything in my life. But after I know how to read and years of exposure to our press media and govt propaganda, I am a changed person now. I can't tolerate anything less than number one, we must be the best in everthing.

    I must break record after records.
    I want to break the yam seng record.
    I want to break the roller skating record.
    What Japan and others have, I also must have and be better

  18. #118

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    ?!

    There is no number one.

    The only reason why we keep trying to break records is because there's limited entertainment in Singapore. And any move to up the ante with regards to entertainment is veto'ed by half the population, whether it's casinos, Esplanade (which raised quite a hoo ha in the past).. And even if they don't, the dissenters are so vocal that the impression given is that no one likes entertainment even though they keep complaining there isn't any entertainment. =/

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Our News reports are one dimensional, so are our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Eikin:

    Before, I was not like that. I am easily contented, i am happy with almost everything in my life. But after I know how to read and years of exposure to our press media and govt propaganda, I am a changed person now. I can't tolerate anything less than number one, we must be the best in everthing.

    I must break record after records.
    I want to break the yam seng record.
    I want to break the roller skating record.
    What Japan and others have, I also must have and be better
    sleep more, it helps

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •