Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12273235363738394247 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1000

Thread: Man Utd Fans Part III

  1. #721
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by novello76 View Post
    Missed the match..but my dad was giving me sms update at every goal..at 2-0 down..i thought ..thats it..but what a what a comeback! This will go down as one of the best title if Man Utd does go on to win it...because for once..they are the underdog (at least compared to chelski)..
    Yes it will be 1 of the best if we managed to clinch it. Chelsea's Essian, back in Christmas 06 said that he calculated that Chelsea will win the title by 5pts. He should go back to school!

    Man Utd sacked Keane midway last season and sold RVN at the end without replacements. Almost all pundits/critics and rivial fans wrote us off, they say it will be Liverpool with their watertight defence last season to challange Chelsea instead. They said: 'Where the goals going to come from? Carrick is no Roy Keane!' Man Utd is indeed the underdog.

    Till now, it was Man Utd that stood up and be counted and with a patched up defence as well.

    Before the Everton match, we're not given a chance as well, all tipping a draw. But we won. Write Man Utd off and we'll prevail. It will only make them look dumb.

    But I still worry about the derby next weekend. Man Utd only have 48hrs of rest after the midweek CL clash with Milan.
    Last edited by afbug; 29th April 2007 at 09:35 AM.

  2. #722
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    dun worry Chelsea have to face Arsenal.Im sure with Chelsea's dipping form in the Epl right now,they'll drop points and futhermore carvalho is injured.lets see if chelsea's oh so mighty defence can cope without him

  3. #723
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    What a game! We always made it difficult for ourselves by trailing the opponents. Man, being down by 2 goals was a potential heart attack and any lesser team would have given up but not ManU. We showed what champion stuff we are made of.

    Well, with the way Chelsea is playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they step on the banana skin thrown at them courtesy of the gunners. If they lose, we only need a draw with ManCity to clinch the title.

  4. #724
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    The match certainly keep our treble hope alive. Well, watching the video clip of the last few minutes of the 1999 CL final certainly brought back fond memories and tears of joy. It also increased my hunger for a second treble! Is this the year? I certainly hope it is.

    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/83573/...en_final_1999/

    Here is a transcript of the dramatic moments that won United the European Cup from ITV, the commentator is Clive Tyldesley

    Time Commentator

    (United have a corner, Beckham to take.)
    90.21 Can Manchester United score? They always score.
    Beckham.......
    In towards Schmeichel......its come for Dwight Yorke
    Cleared...........Giggs with the shot
    90.35 SHERINGHAM! (Sheringham scores)

    NAME ON THE TROPHY!

    91.15 As things stand we will go into extra time with a golden goal hanging like a massive shadow over this final unless Ole Solskjaer can find another......

    (United have another corner, Beckham to take)

    Is this their moment?
    92.13

    92.17 Beckham......
    Into Sheringham.....
    AND SOLSKJAER HAS WON IT! (Solskjaer scores)

    Manchester United have reached the promised land, Ole Solskjaer, and the two substitutes have scored the two goals in stoppage time and the Treble looms large.

    93.33 (Final whistle blows)

    History is made, Manchester United are the Champions of Europe again and nobody will ever win a European Cup final more dramatically than this. Champions of Europe, Champions of England, the FA Cup holders, everything their hearts desire. United fans will ask where did you watch the 1999 European Final? Where did you see Ole Solskjaer win it with virtually the last kick of the final?

    Well, I hope we can reach the promised land again.
    Last edited by redstorm; 29th April 2007 at 02:41 PM.

  5. #725
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    My heart sank when we were 2-0 down. Then the 'Match Tracker' failed and I do not have any updates after that. I was sad the whole night. Glad that we won. It was no easy match for us. I can smell the silverware.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  6. #726
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    What a game! We always made it difficult for ourselves by trailing the opponents. Man, being down by 2 goals was a potential heart attack and any lesser team would have given up but not ManU. We showed what champion stuff we are made of.

    Well, with the way Chelsea is playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they step on the banana skin thrown at them courtesy of the gunners. If they lose, we only need a draw with ManCity to clinch the title.
    Tell u frankly, when we're 2 down, and Chelsea leading I tot it was over. When we hit 2-2 and Chelsea also 2-2, my hands was trembling. Really shaking! When Eagles scored the 4th, really delighted and to make it better, Chelsea drew.

    To all critics and rival fans, eat your heart out! We won the match and quite possibly, the title!

  7. #727
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Tell u frankly, when we're 2 down, and Chelsea leading I tot it was over. When we hit 2-2 and Chelsea also 2-2, my hands was trembling. Really shaking! When Eagles scored the 4th, really delighted and to make it better, Chelsea drew.

    To all critics and rival fans, eat your heart out! We won the match and quite possibly, the title!
    Yeah, me too. When we were down 0-2, I also thought that's the end of our challenge for the title this season.

  8. #728

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    We got hard games. Man City n Chelsea away, West Ham home. Man City got nothing to play for but they don't wanna to lose to Man Utd. Chelsea of course don't wanna lose either. West Ham who needs points badly to stay in EPL is on form winning 5 of their last 7 games. So its up 2 Arsenal to do us a favour n beat Chelsea.

  9. #729
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    We got hard games. Man City n Chelsea away, West Ham home. Man City got nothing to play for but they don't wanna to lose to Man Utd. Chelsea of course don't wanna lose either. West Ham who needs points badly to stay in EPL is on form winning 5 of their last 7 games. So its up 2 Arsenal to do us a favour n beat Chelsea.
    I dunno why but I think we can avoid defeat at Stamford Bridge and maybe inflict their 1st defeat in years.

    The key game is the derby weekend. If we beat Man City and Chelsea drop pts at Arsenal, Man Utd will be champions. Can lose the final 2 games even as 2 games is only 6 pts and with our current 5 pts lead and if Chelsea drop further behind at Arsenal, its all over.

    The game against Man City will be very tough as its a derby and we only have 48hrs of rest after the midweek game against Milan.

  10. #730

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    again, as u can see, and this time...it shows all the more clearly..... if they don't go and crush the passing and throw their "bodies" literally to stop the flow of the opponents, they will suffer the rude shocks of goals...

    time proven and tested...

    no doubt that the devils deserved full points for their fighting spirit and the brilliant goals from rooney and eagles! and some nifty footwork from ronaldo again...its impt to get the opposition passes checked..

    i think with AC milan looming, the more perenial it should be.... they have a reputation to be clinical and fast.... unlike most italian teams which play a slow and holding game...with plenty of fair and then go for the jugular... AC Milan will play a swift, entertaining footwork football....and the more Utd must stem those passes....maybe they should really pack themselves when Milan is attacking...and hit back real fast with accurate long passes to go for the jugular......play the milanese agst themselves...

    right now...i'm just hoping all the Man utd players get plenty of rest, no booze, lotsa vitamin C and lotsa massages to condition the muscles they need for the match!

    TREBLE or Die.............

  11. #731
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    again, as u can see, and this time...it shows all the more clearly..... if they don't go and crush the passing and throw their "bodies" literally to stop the flow of the opponents, they will suffer the rude shocks of goals...

    time proven and tested...

    no doubt that the devils deserved full points for their fighting spirit and the brilliant goals from rooney and eagles! and some nifty footwork from ronaldo again...its impt to get the opposition passes checked..

    i think with AC milan looming, the more perenial it should be.... they have a reputation to be clinical and fast.... unlike most italian teams which play a slow and holding game...with plenty of fair and then go for the jugular... AC Milan will play a swift, entertaining footwork football....and the more Utd must stem those passes....maybe they should really pack themselves when Milan is attacking...and hit back real fast with accurate long passes to go for the jugular......play the milanese agst themselves...

    right now...i'm just hoping all the Man utd players get plenty of rest, no booze, lotsa vitamin C and lotsa massages to condition the muscles they need for the match!

    TREBLE or Die.............
    Hey, bro Soong, so your English wine must be sweeter (no pun intended) since ManU won the game.

  12. #732

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Hey, bro Soong, so your English wine must be sweeter (no pun intended) since ManU won the game.


    what english wine

    now must drink more italian.......drink up their wines........

    my friends place did have SCV afterall! so i watched the whole match

    to tell the truth, when it was 2 agst us....i was pretty damn sure they'll fight back to make it at least a draw.....

    great that they won on top of that!

  13. #733
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    I get the feeling that the title will be won at Stamford bridge.If that really happens,it will make victory even sweeter!!In ur face Moan-rinho!!

  14. #734
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III


  15. #735

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    I get the feeling the title will be decided next week..Man Utd to win Man City and Arsenal to hold Chelsea ...

    But Man Utd vs AC Milan will be very very difficult..

  16. #736

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Tell u frankly, when we're 2 down, and Chelsea leading I tot it was over. When we hit 2-2 and Chelsea also 2-2, my hands was trembling. Really shaking! When Eagles scored the 4th, really delighted and to make it better, Chelsea drew.

    To all critics and rival fans, eat your heart out! We won the match and quite possibly, the title!
    not possibly. definitely!


  17. #737

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I dunno why but I think we can avoid defeat at Stamford Bridge and maybe inflict their 1st defeat in years.

    The key game is the derby weekend. If we beat Man City and Chelsea drop pts at Arsenal, Man Utd will be champions. Can lose the final 2 games even as 2 games is only 6 pts and with our current 5 pts lead and if Chelsea drop further behind at Arsenal, its all over.

    The game against Man City will be very tough as its a derby and we only have 48hrs of rest after the midweek game against Milan.
    Tat's y we need e Gunners help now.

  18. #738

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post

    alamak...imagine.... Man Utd vs Sunderland ....... SAF vs RK!

    lol...scully they match fix

  19. #739
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    The match certainly keep our treble hope alive. Well, watching the video clip of the last few minutes of the 1999 CL final certainly brought back fond memories and tears of joy. It also increased my hunger for a second treble! Is this the year? I certainly hope it is.

    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/83573/...en_final_1999/

    Here is a transcript of the dramatic moments that won United the European Cup from ITV, the commentator is Clive Tyldesley

    Time Commentator

    (United have a corner, Beckham to take.)
    90.21 Can Manchester United score? They always score.
    Beckham.......
    In towards Schmeichel......its come for Dwight Yorke
    Cleared...........Giggs with the shot
    90.35 SHERINGHAM! (Sheringham scores)

    NAME ON THE TROPHY!

    91.15 As things stand we will go into extra time with a golden goal hanging like a massive shadow over this final unless Ole Solskjaer can find another......

    (United have another corner, Beckham to take)

    Is this their moment?
    92.13

    92.17 Beckham......
    Into Sheringham.....
    AND SOLSKJAER HAS WON IT! (Solskjaer scores)

    Manchester United have reached the promised land, Ole Solskjaer, and the two substitutes have scored the two goals in stoppage time and the Treble looms large.

    93.33 (Final whistle blows)

    History is made, Manchester United are the Champions of Europe again and nobody will ever win a European Cup final more dramatically than this. Champions of Europe, Champions of England, the FA Cup holders, everything their hearts desire. United fans will ask where did you watch the 1999 European Final? Where did you see Ole Solskjaer win it with virtually the last kick of the final?

    Well, I hope we can reach the promised land again.
    Promised land here we come!!! We are almost 1/3 there liao!!!

  20. #740
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Man Utd Fans Part III

    Henrik happy for Ronaldo

    Ex-United loan star Henrik Larsson was not surprised to see former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo sweep up at the PFA player awards.

    The Swedish striker, who has returned to his native Sweden following a successful loan spell at Old Trafford involving three goals in 10 starts, told ManUtd.com that he wasn’t surprised to see his former team-mate win both Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year at last week’s awards.

    "I was pleased to see Cristiano Ronaldo pick up the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards in the English Premiership,” he said.

    “Since he is being talked about as the greatest player in the world it's not a surprise that he got those awards.”

    Having been on the receiving end of some of Ronaldo’s hard work, as well as having played with some of the best players in the world at previous club Barcelona, Larsson is well placed to comment on the youngster’s improvement this season.

    “He definitely deserves them. Having played together at Manchester United I have nothing but admiration for him,” he continued. “He has tremendous skill and also puts in a lot of hard work. He's a fantastic player and it's amazing to think that he will only get better.”

    Larsson also heaped praise on the rest of the United side, suggesting that while Ronaldo may have been singled out by his peers, the rest of the squad has played an important part in United’s success so far this year.

    “There are a number of players at United who could have won the award, because there is so much talent in the side, but Cristiano does stand out a bit. He's a joy to play alongside and it will be interesting to see how he develops in the future.”

    Larsson’s new side Helsingborgs lost 3-1 to league leaders Djurgardens last weekend and currently sit in 12th spot three games into the Swedish Allsvenskan season. Larsson registered his first goal of the season in a 3-1 win against Gefle in week two.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •