Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Photographers are NUISANCE???

Default Re: Photographers are NUISANCE???

Quote Originally Posted by kyo86sg View Post
    I think the TS just want us to be aware of photographers of being a nuisance. But the shot happen to contain some of the CS brothers. I think if the TS has no EVIL intent. He is ok to post it up, else just take it down lorz. Plz no CS bro war here, no settling outside or fighting when the next time u all happen to meet each other. peace broz........
    I totally agree, from what i can infer from his last sentence, it is indeed bringing up a subject of debate rather than any direct complaint against any individual. Even though he used the word 'bunch', which may seem alittle harsh compared to group.His 3rd sentence also seemed too harsh like trying to bring out the common sense from the photographers. Nevertheless, he ended off with that sentence that is really debate inducing, perhaps he got what he wanted.

Wondering why he not replying? lol..

yawns. i overslept too. ylxs, if you think you ain't wrong standing up in a PUBLIC place to take a shot of whatever you're taking, i guess next time i won't be in the wrong if i stick my head up and block your lens anyway. it's public after all.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Like I said, the words, and even the clarifications, do sound threatening to me.

You are confusing the two points:

1. That the TS should have approached you/ylsx in real life to tell you that you are blocking him, so that you have the chance to tell him in real life the reasons/situation/explanation. This I have no problem whatsoever with.

2. That the TS MUST apologise if not something bad will happen, something unsightly will happen, bo chee that sort of thing etc etc. This is the issue I trying to ascertain, not (1).

However, now you are saying "not trying to do anything funny as what I stated earlier on which makes other think like as if its life threatening like that" - are you now withdrawing ALL of the earlier statements which I have highlighted?

Point no.2 as if wat u quoted "That the TS MUST apologise if not something bad will happen, something unsightly will happen, bo chee that sort of thing etc etc.'

let me clarify this ...

it meants " That the TS must apologise if not he in turn will get his own retribution for posting such pic to ridicule YLSX, IF TS got guts to write n post such things in RLA, Y dun come forward and tell YLSX on the face, whereas the TS is standing juz at the corner of the stage area.

If my crude language actually provoked the TS or to anyone else in here ... Im SORRY for saying that .... but I hope that the TS would be kind enough to at least show his apology since he singled out this pic and use it as a bad example to expose his behaviour
    Last edited by Cyber; 11th March 2007 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    yawns. i overslept too. ylxs, if you think you ain't wrong standing up in a PUBLIC place to take a shot of whatever you're taking, i guess next time i won't be in the wrong if i stick my head up and block your lens anyway. it's public after all.
    You are right bro ... its public .... blocking is veri common in public places ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
    You are right bro ... its public .... blocking is veri common in public places ...
    Yeah. hopefully no one will complain in future, like Official Photographer blocking etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    Yeah. hopefully no one will complain in future, like Official Photographer blocking etc etc.
    Yes I agree. No one can complain an official photographer for blocking .... they are given the rights n we do not ... so the best way is to shift ourselves so tat not to kena block ...

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    chill guys....

just two suggestions to add on to what has already been discussed;

1. be considerate
    2. be tolerant

e.g.
    be considerate - as a photog, if i can take the shot without blocking others (e.g. using a longer lens from the back, stand at the sides, shoot quickly etc), then i should try my best to do so.

be tolerant - there will always be momentary disruptions and blockages during public events (ppl standing up to go to the loo, late comers etc), if it is only for a few seconds, then bear with it lah.

I don't find any malice or ill-intention in the TS's post. Just a timely awareness reminder for the rest of us to be more considerate in public.

Zaren said it best. We just have to be considerate, tolerant, and yes, have some common sensibilities of our conduct in public.

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    Argh, I'm not going to care liao ... Who cares what ppl think of me anyway ... That's it, I'll just get my images ...
    That sounds quite determined. Typically, a pro who's determined to get his images, would've done planning ahead of the event, such as choosing the angle, appropriate focal lengths, location, etc, so as to get the images he wants without having to be a nuisance to anyone. If you didn't do the proper planning, and have to sit in among the audience, then just suck it up and live with it (without being inconsiderate to the public). That's just my 2 cents anyways.

Happy weekends all (or what's left of it)!

大事化小,小事化无。。。 juzz relac la...
    When life hands u lemons.... ASK FOR TEQUILA AND SALT!

Quote Originally Posted by nonchann View Post
    yah yah...i am actually quite curious why the shots are important to you? for portfolio?? but cannot be leh...you are quite a pro at event photography already and you have taken from better positions at other events as official and non-official photog too. Was someone close to you performing on stage? No offense, just curious why is it so important to you. Maybe it could justify you on standing to take shot.
    Is there a need for me to reveal the importance of the shot? If you don't intend of getting shots, don't shoot at all.
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2point8 View Post
    from the picture i dun understand why YLSX can't stand at the back of the seating area and use a 70-200 lens (i'm sure he has one or something similar) to take his pics, assuming no one stands up in the seating area and block his view. in this way he will not cause that much disturbance to others as he is standing in an area where everyone else is standing. his pictures will be less distorted too as he need not tilt his camera up that much. he seemed to be using a 50mm prime lens.

we should stop all these arguments but instead suggest guidelines that we photographers can adopt to maintain our image in public.

btw just asking no offence cos i'm not very sure about flash photography how come YLSX need to mount his flash on a bracket if he's already using a flash diffuser? i can understand if u are using direct flash like the guy to the left of YLSX.
    I don't need someone to tell me which lens I should use. Y don't you explore the uses of other lens to be used during events instead ...

As for the reason to use the flash bracket, study and your images and learn the various positions of the flash when using the various camera ...

And besides, the flash power I used isn't even 1/2 the strength of those of the PnS fired there. So if anyone thinks that I was using high powered flash, think again.

It's Sunday ... Time for more shots ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

oh dear...

i didn't know taking photos can become such a big war.
    heh.

i think this picture is in the wrong forum. pix like this shouldn't be in CS. they would be more appropriate on a forum like STOMP

Alright, I hope anyone reading up till this point will just keep this incident in mind and refrain from posting anymore since everyone has their own views and contributing them doesn't seem to be helping here.

cool down man guys! lets go out and take more photos!

2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ZDragon View Post
    this event has however made me realise that to be a good photographer, One must not only be able to take a good picture with the worst len given to him, but also come with the ability to be illusive and be able to take a nice picture behind crowds of bobbing heads and yet without others noticing them.
    Yup! Thats the difficult part of being an event photographer. You have to be constantly alert around the people around you, whether you're blocking them or any movement they make which may affect you doing your work. I understand because i've done some less elaborate school events and i find myself looking alot at surrounding people other than the photo subject.

There might be always a chance when you accidentally block some audience without realizing, which is perfectly understandable, especially after you "checked clear"...no one is perfect! Also, some shots are important and cannot be missed, even if you have to sacrifice some audience's seconds to view, you still have to take the shot.

Event photographers are the thickest skin ppl in an event, other than the ones on stage. We just need to be more aware and alert to other's needs!

Lastly... i believe all artist (referring to us as photographers) should be open-minded to other's opinion, whether polite, or curtly so as to improve.

Art is to create, not to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    I don't need someone to tell me which lens I should use. Y don't you explore the uses of other lens to be used during events instead ...

As for the reason to use the flash bracket, study and your images and learn the various positions of the flash when using the various camera ...

And besides, the flash power I used isn't even 1/2 the strength of those of the PnS fired there. So if anyone thinks that I was using high powered flash, think again.

It's Sunday ... Time for more shots ...
    then go shoot lah,come here for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
    Point no.2 as if wat u quoted "That the TS MUST apologise if not something bad will happen, something unsightly will happen, bo chee that sort of thing etc etc.'

let me clarify this ...

it meants " That the TS must apologise if not he in turn will get his own retribution for posting such pic to ridicule YLSX, IF TS got guts to write n post such things in RLA, Y dun come forward and tell YLSX on the face, whereas the TS is standing juz at the corner of the stage area.

If my crude language actually provoked the TS or to anyone else in here ... Im SORRY for saying that .... but I hope that the TS would be kind enough to at least show his apology since he singled out this pic and use it as a bad example to expose his behaviour
    wah...comrades in arms,always seen you walking around with YLXS leh.

inconsiderate behaviour , the TS are too kind, if i ever kena block by ppl like this, i will make sure that idiot pay.

Me think that this thread should be closed as lots of people are commenting based on their own understanding of the scenario. Nobody is in the wrong here...NOBODY...cause not all of us were there when it happened.

We should not let this escalate to a big misunderstanding war. Like i said, Art is to create...not destroy. No more self-interpretation and flaming for the sake of an ego boost!

Lets move on! Take photo more important!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567