Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Photographers are NUISANCE???

Default Re: Photographers are NUISANCE???

Hey guys, just expressing my thought so no offence to anyone, placing social rsponsibility aside (which I think it's the up most important to be considerate)

After reading the thread I can't help myself of feeling unjust for YLSX or who ever that is in that Pict, because it's just only based on 1 pict!Imgine this, if he only stand up for that stupid sec and take only that pict and somehow canongrapherL happen to capture that scene, Dun you guys think it's a little bit too much to comment about him that way? If you are talking about a (e.g. 30sec)video clip that showcase him standing there of constantly standing up, then that is another matter. Or let me put it in another scenerio, imagine canongrapherL was block or didn't have good view for that event, and somehow he got jealous about YLSX ad want to get back to him, take a shot and post it up. I think canongrapherL do owe him an apology.
    And for the point on paid photographers blocking others people view in a public event, i meant they have all the right to do it (although i hate it also), it's their job for crying out loud, they have to be answerable to their client and not to say this affects their ricebowl, I'm sure everyone here is either studyng or work, dun you guys want to excel in your work?
    Last edited by psx2sg; 11th March 2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: add on points

Quote Originally Posted by psx2sg View Post
    Hey guys, just expressing my thought so no offence to anyone

After reading the thread I can't help myself of feeling unjust for YLSX or who ever that is in that Pict, because it's just only a 1 pict! Imgine this, if he only stand up for that stupid sec and take only that pict and somehow canongrapherL happen to capture that scene, Dun you guys think it's a little bit too much to comment about him that way? Or let me put it in another scenerio, imagine canongrapherL was block or didn't have good view for that event, and somehow he got jealous about YLSX ad want to get back to him, take a shot and post it up. I think canongrapherL do owe him an apology.
    And for the point on paid photographers blocking others people view in a public event, i meant they have all the right to do it (although i hate it also), it's their job for crying out loud, they have to be answerable to their client and not to say this affects their ricebowl, I'm sure everyone here is either studyng or work, dun you guys want to excel in your work?
    YLSX had as many friends as he had many foes here.....couple with his fearless and nonchalant attitude towards his detractors. It made him a prime/perfect target of ridicule. they will keep putting/portraying him in bad light..regardless of his explanation.
    Last edited by eow; 11th March 2007 at 09:58 AM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Deregistered

At first place this shouldn't be in the Ready, Lights Action!

TS, you make a big public mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomworld View Post
    At first place this shouldn't be in the Ready, Lights Action!

TS, you make a big public mistake!
    that i also agree

Eh.. relak la... Already someone got killed in the kitchen somewhere liao. Let's not blow things up here. Just try and remind ourelves that if we're taking pictures in public, be alittle more considerate and check "blind spots" occasionally. =) Just my thoughts...
    There are no bad photographers, just bad photographs. =)
    www.flickr.com/photos/lobinhoot/

ppl chill out and haf a smoke somewhere.

cool down.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by gundugundu View Post
    Good thing the TS posted the picture here & not send it to STOMP. It could well end up in the news! But i think TS should at least mosaic the photographers face if his intention is not shame but to bring out a social behaviour issue.

[QUOTE=canongrapherL;2903391]Saw a bunch a photographers blocking a pool of sitting audiences. Are they inconsiderate? Dont they know they are blocking people behind by constantly standing up? Are photographer becoming nuisance at public places?

If they stand up only a few times for a few quick shots it may be excusable?

Moderators should close this thread BUT keep it forever on CS... as an example of what not to do and write. All this bickering and silliness is getting out of hand.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Blame it to the Lens Manufacturer.
    If they only sell their big momma lens at cheaper price,
    Everybody can afford to own.
    Even at 50 meters away still can take photos.

Deregistered

TS missing and Moderators keeping quite? And thread on wrong subforum (the fundamental of thread is wrong!!!) .
    Last edited by Wisdomworld; 11th March 2007 at 10:36 AM.

Saw a bunch a photographers blocking a pool of sitting audiences. Are they inconsiderate? Dont they know they are blocking people behind by constantly standing up? Are photographer becoming nuisance at public places?
    Read the original post carefully, TS never single out any photographer in CS. He is just highlighting certain behaviour and use that pic as an example. If SOMEBODY ELSE did not point it out, I believe most of us here would not know who these photographers in the pic were. Also he wasn't just showing a single photographer but a BUNCH of photographers, so should the other photographers in the pic demand for public apology in this case?

Remember that was a photo taken in a public area, showing a public event, and nobody was named in that pic. YiliShengXian do not has a case against TS at all.

Notice TS has not reply yet, while the rest of us are just flaming the situation. As some others has said, chill it and let it be. While we can discuss about the general behaviour of photographers, I think fighting over an apology is a pointless issue, but just to save some face.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    mauahahhahaha... that's funny sh!t....

how have u been ylsx!!!

sorree to laugh at your dismay... okok i apologise but either way, this is one great thread.

altho after reading thru all the pages, i'd say u're not in the limelight.

i REALLY REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY would like to see cyber's reply to vince... our venerable cyber is stuck?

mauahahah

ENTERTAINING THREAD AR!!!!
    Im not stuck .... I merely wanted to lure this TS to speak out loud in RLA about wat he intend to do ... Not trying to do anything funny as wat I stated earlier on which makes other think like as if its life threatening like dat ....

As YLSX was veri ridiculed by TS in this pic as he was merely standing up for the mere 1 sec for the moment he want to capture ....

[QUOTE=Sion;2903948]
    Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL View Post
    Saw a bunch a photographers blocking a pool of sitting audiences. Are they inconsiderate? Dont they know they are blocking people behind by constantly standing up? Are photographer becoming nuisance at public places?

If they stand up only a few times for a few quick shots it may be excusable?
    I agree your sentence becos he merely want to take a few quickshots substituted him to being inconsiderate .... think TS must be using YLSX to to vent his anger ...

It is very important to know the real INTENTION of the TS by posting such an image with a "famous" CS member, who face and features were so distinctly recognized. I dont think anyone here will be happy if his face is shown in such light.
    It is also very suspicious to post a "hot" image and disappeared and watched the drama unfurled from a distance, which pulled in a lot of bystanders to be involved.
    These I find it not a friendly manner to create a harmonious thread.

If the TS intention is NOT "personal" or purposeful, then the TS should at least blurred out the head of the culprit, and the discussion will be more objective toward the thread title.

On the other hand, if one occupies a seat in a performance, it is only right to stay seated. There is no real reason to stand up occasionally (even for a split second) to take a shot because those moments are usually "good" moments, and as such ppl behind are also keen to see. What if there are photographers who were seated behind him and a certain moment the front shooter stood up and block his chance? This is juz common sense and good social manner.

As such, IMO, the TS should correct the image and hopefully apologise to YLSX,
    AND YLSX should apologise to all of the photographers for any inconviences caused.
    always the Light, .... always.

vince123123
    Guests

Like I said, the words, and even the clarifications, do sound threatening to me.

You are confusing the two points:

1. That the TS should have approached you/ylsx in real life to tell you that you are blocking him, so that you have the chance to tell him in real life the reasons/situation/explanation. This I have no problem whatsoever with.

2. That the TS MUST apologise if not something bad will happen, something unsightly will happen, bo chee that sort of thing etc etc. This is the issue I trying to ascertain, not (1).

However, now you are saying "not trying to do anything funny as what I stated earlier on which makes other think like as if its life threatening like that" - are you now withdrawing ALL of the earlier statements which I have highlighted?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
    Im not stuck .... I merely wanted to lure this TS to speak out loud in RLA about wat he intend to do ... Not trying to do anything funny as wat I stated earlier on which makes other think like as if its life threatening like dat ....

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    It is very important to know the real INTENTION of the TS by posting such an image with a "famous" CS member, who face and features were so distinctly recognized. I dont think anyone here will be happy if his face is shown in such light.
    It is also very suspicious to post a "hot" image and disappeared and watched the drama unfurled from a distance, which pulled in a lot of bystanders to be involved.
    These I find it not a friendly manner to create a harmonious thread.

If the TS intention is NOT "personal" or purposeful, then the TS should at least cof the culprit, and the discussion will be more objective toward the thread title.

On the other hand, if one occupies a seat in a performance, it is only right to stay seated. There is no real reason to stand up occasionally (even for a split second) to take a shot because those moments are usually "good" moments, and as such ppl behind are also keen to see. What if there are photographers who were seated behind him and a certain moment the front shooter stood up and block his chance? This is juz common sense and good social manner.

As such, IMO, the TS should correct the image and hopefully apologise to YLSX,
    AND YLSX should apologise to all of the photographers for any inconviences caused.
    Agree to the part on 'Blurred our the face', and to add on, if TS a member of CS, so doesn't he/she a fellow photographer?

vince123123
    Guests

I doubt that other than closing the thread, the mods will do anything further to assist you, such as forcing the TS to take down the pic, or to apologise to you or whatever.

Nothing for or against you, just letting you know the expected outcome .

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    Argh, I'll just let the mods handle this ... And I'm still waiting for the apology, that's it ...

yawn ... it's sunday morning nice and bright ... overslept

ok, anyway, just not to spoil the day, i think

1. TS can consider, out of courtesy, apologize to YLSX for accidentally having singled him out to demonstrate the point TS wanted to put across.

2. YLSX can consider apologizing to those he had caused frustrations to while going about with his hobby, everyone bury the parang and move on.

3. meanwhile unconcerned parties just stay off the thread so as not to add more charcoal to the fire.

4. let this thread be a lesson to all that as much as passion drives us to individually behave in certain ways, we still are living in a collective world. freedom is also about respecting others' freedom.

oh just to add ---> 5. (if any) those who have used vulgar/threatening vocabulary, do apologize to those you have directed those words at, and learn not to use them in a public forum.

Last edited by eikin; 11th March 2007 at 02:09 PM.

I think the TS just want us to be aware of photographers of being a nuisance. But the shot happen to contain some of the CS brothers. I think if the TS has no EVIL intent. He is ok to post it up, else just take it down lorz. Plz no CS bro war here, no settling outside or fighting when the next time u all happen to meet each other. peace broz........

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast