Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Photographers are NUISANCE???

Default Re: Photographers are NUISANCE???

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    Argh, I'm not going to care liao ... Who cares what ppl think of me anyway ... That's it, I'll just get my images ...
    Well, it's perfectly fine, if you think that way.

Anyway TS is just trying to let us be aware of our social etiquette at public events.
    So yeap.
    Last edited by IForYou; 11th March 2007 at 05:11 AM.

mauahahhahaha... that's funny sh!t....

how have u been ylsx!!!

sorree to laugh at your dismay... okok i apologise but either way, this is one great thread.

altho after reading thru all the pages, i'd say u're not in the limelight.

i REALLY REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY would like to see cyber's reply to vince... our venerable cyber is stuck?

mauahahah

ENTERTAINING THREAD AR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    mauahahhahaha... that's funny sh!t....

how have u been ylsx!!!

sorree to laugh at your dismay... okok i apologise but either way, this is one great thread.

altho after reading thru all the pages, i'd say u're not in the limelight.

i REALLY REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY would like to see cyber's reply to vince... our venerable cyber is stuck?

mauahahah

ENTERTAINING THREAD AR!!!!
    Not going to be bothered with this s*** anymore ... I've already PMed the mods abt this, let them take action abt this. Anyway, I'll just go and shoot more images, y waste time abt this ...

Can't be bothered with people who thinks we shd go there and just give up without getting the shots we came for.

Well as for cyber hmmm, think just let him try to settle that himself.
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Just wondering why are these 'shots' so important to you. If you missed a shot i think its fine, just enjoy the event and the photos from the event will serve as a memory. I feel photographers shouldnt be sitted as the seats are for public/viewers, photogs should stand at the back as you have space to shoot(stand, sit, squad) most importantly try not to block the viewers. Cheers mate!

no point saying so much here..... if u really not happy and want a public apology..... i don't think mod can do anything here..... u should get a lawyer and sue him instead..... instead of insist ts should apologize to u here......(no point.. i don't think he will) ...... just my 2cent........

Quote Originally Posted by visualpimp View Post
    Just wondering why are these 'shots' so important to you. If you missed a shot i think its fine, just enjoy the event and the photos from the event will serve as a memory. I feel photographers shouldnt be sitted as the seats are for public/viewers, photogs should stand at the back as you have space to shoot(stand, sit, squad) most importantly try not to block the viewers. Cheers mate!
    yah yah...i am actually quite curious why the shots are important to you? for portfolio?? but cannot be leh...you are quite a pro at event photography already and you have taken from better positions at other events as official and non-official photog too. Was someone close to you performing on stage? No offense, just curious why is it so important to you. Maybe it could justify you on standing to take shot.

The intention of the TS is good, to bring awareness to us not to block
    ppl behind when shooting event.
    However, a popular CS member face whom we all are so familiar are used as
    an example, and therefore started all these misunderstand and flame.
    I can understand how the CS member feel, especially when his face is used to
    show a bad example. I think the TS, have no ill intention.
    As a regular event photographer myself, I can understand that to get that 'perfect'
    shot sometimes, we unknowingly blocked ppl behind.

Some Jokes to ease the tension here (hope dun kena )

1)Next time when shooting event, always take a break, turn your head at
    ppl behind you. Prepare to run if someone is holding a knife behind your back.

2)Change to macro and landscape photography. You can never block a mountain.

3)Used webcam for event, DSLR too big.

Ok, end of joke. Hope everyone, will settle things out of court. Save the lawyer fee
    to buy better lens, for better photography needs instead.
    BBB

http://www.pbase.com/annapagnacco

This girl photography is good.
    Last edited by obewan; 11th March 2007 at 09:38 AM.

Good thing the TS posted the picture here & not send it to STOMP. It could well end up in the news! But i think TS should at least mosaic the photographers face if his intention is not shame but to bring out a social behaviour issue.

from the picture i dun understand why YLSX can't stand at the back of the seating area and use a 70-200 lens (i'm sure he has one or something similar) to take his pics, assuming no one stands up in the seating area and block his view. in this way he will not cause that much disturbance to others as he is standing in an area where everyone else is standing. his pictures will be less distorted too as he need not tilt his camera up that much. he seemed to be using a 50mm prime lens.

we should stop all these arguments but instead suggest guidelines that we photographers can adopt to maintain our image in public.

btw just asking no offence cos i'm not very sure about flash photography how come YLSX need to mount his flash on a bracket if he's already using a flash diffuser? i can understand if u are using direct flash like the guy to the left of YLSX.
    | 2point8 Photography |
    :: to see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower ::

Quote Originally Posted by obewan View Post
    The intention of the TS is good, to bring awareness to us not to block
    ppl behind when shooting event.
    However, a popular CS member face whom we all are so familiar are used as
    an example, and therefore started all these misunderstand and flame.
    I can understand how the CS member feel, especially when his face is used to
    show a bad example. I think the TS, have no ill intention.
    As a regular event photographer myself, I can understand that to get that 'perfect'
    shot sometimes, we unknowingly blocked ppl behind.

Some Jokes to unease the tension here (hope dun kena )

1)Next time when shooting event, always take a break, turn your head at
    ppl behind you. Prepare to run if someone is holding a knife behind your back.

2)Change to macro and landscape photography. You can never block a mountain.

3)Used webcam for event, DSLR too big.

Ok, end of joke. Hope everyone, will settle things out of court. Save the lawyer fee
    to buy better lens, for better photography needs instead.
    BBB

http://www.pbase.com/annapagnacco

This girl photography is good.
    so far the best observation and suggestion from the Master of the light....
    whatever is it...yili had made lot of friend and also enemies around here ...it quite obvious he was being single out..ho ho ho

Quote Originally Posted by gundugundu View Post
    Good thing the TS posted the picture here & not send it to STOMP. It could well end up in the news! But i think TS should at least mosaic the photographers face if his intention is not shame but to bring out a social behaviour issue.
    yes agreed with u
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Everyone's blocking someone one point or another.

Hmm...i think sometimes when we wanna get something done, we juz forget abt the things happening or going ard us. And i guess at that situation or during events, its really too crowded or hard if u dont wanna block anyone and get your shoots right. We all love taking photographs and thats why we try to do our best to get the best shot if possible... Actually i am quite proud of yili as he dares to take out his cam and and take such good photos of the models for us to see even in such crowded areas. Sometimes things just cannot be avoided because of the situation. Yes, u might say that is there a NEED? Or you can cause nuisance just because you wanna take photos? But think in his position, or maybe think for ourself, why we take photography? All we want is just to get the picture right and shooting in event can really help us to improved our skilled and the creativity for our shots. ( thats wat i think... ) so the more we shoot, the more we overcome our obstruction, the better we are. One day, we might just be blocking other ppl without ourself knowing..........

chill guys....

just two suggestions to add on to what has already been discussed;

1. be considerate
    2. be tolerant

e.g.
    be considerate - as a photog, if i can take the shot without blocking others (e.g. using a longer lens from the back, stand at the sides, shoot quickly etc), then i should try my best to do so.

be tolerant - there will always be momentary disruptions and blockages during public events (ppl standing up to go to the loo, late comers etc), if it is only for a few seconds, then bear with it lah.

I think the best way to solve this would be to:

1. Get the organisers to organise a photographers-only event

2. Get the Olympus SP-550 Ultra Zoom and you'll never need a zoom lens for another event again Not to mention, you can blend in with the crowd!

Thumbs up Re: Photographers are NUISANCE???

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    chill guys....

just two suggestions to add on to what has already been discussed;

1. be considerate
    2. be tolerant

e.g.
    be considerate - as a photog, if i can take the shot without blocking others (e.g. using a longer lens from the back, stand at the sides, shoot quickly etc), then i should try my best to do so.

be tolerant - there will always be momentary disruptions and blockages during public events (ppl standing up to go to the loo, late comers etc), if it is only for a few seconds, then bear with it lah.

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    I think the best way to solve this would be to:

1. Get the organisers to organise a photographers-only event

2. Get the Olympus SP-550 Ultra Zoom and you'll never need a zoom lens for another event again Not to mention, you can blend in with the crowd!
    think get a dv cam lagi better

Dig out a very old thread... for you guys to ponder.

two photographers, similar situations, different kinds of response.

Inconsiderate Photog

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    You've obviously did not take proper notice in public events ...
    i have no idea what you're saying.... when i shoot events i do take "proper notice" of my surroundings and i do try not to block people...the audience or even other photographers...partly because it's not a nice thing to do...also partly because it's what i was taught about journalistic ethics...

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    think get a dv cam lagi better
    But that would make us videographers, not photographers

Else, we'll be sued for catching other non-related stuff on video

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    But that would make us videographers, not photographers

Else, we'll be sued for catching other non-related stuff on video
    ....haiz....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast