Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographers are NUISANCE???

Default Re: Photographers are NUISANCE???

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    Whatever it is, I'll be the one bringing the prove and screenshots to the police if this affects me ...
    *shrug* let me save you a trip. Defamation like this is 99% a civil case. The police will tell you to find a lawyer because it's not their problem.
    Prepare $20k to bring the case to court if it affects you.

Of course, if something "unsightly" happens to canongrapherL's existance, it'll probably end as a police case, I'd just like to point out that prime suspect would be Cyber + you for the veiled threat he posted.

I'm still on the fence about the issue, and I'm keeping my neutrality for now.
    Last edited by unseen; 11th March 2007 at 04:13 AM.

i think there is something called social responsibilty. If everyone can do whatever they like, where will social order be? There must social etiquette too. Honestly, even if you don't stand up, I will equally distracted by your huge ass flash. If you are geniune in being an audience appreciating the performers, respect them by not flashing at them. Sure you may argue PnS shooters also flash, but do you want to compare your flash wattage to theirs? Also, if other people are doing wrong, it does not justify your action in doing it too. It not only disturbs them on stage but the people around you too.

vince123123
    Guests

Well, from what you've said so far and even after your clarifications and reading them all in context, I personally do find that on balance, your tone sounds "threatening" (see portions in bold)

Maybe you disagree, and it is only my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
    If U want to tok abt such nuisance here then u are really a coward .... come forward n tell them off lah .... no need to post in here n tok abt such prob ... if u got guts come out n tok lah ... bo chee ar ....
    That guy had better apologize before things get even hotter n this could be veri unsightly for canongrapherL to stay as a clubsnapper ...
    In the first place my statement is veri clear liao .... threadstarter apologize before things get out of hand .... if unseen cannot understand this statement that i commented then I think best he stay out of this thread ...
    Of course its better to apologise if threadstarter dun want this thread to lead him to further problem ...

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    *shrug* let me save you a trip. Defamation like this is 99% a civil case. The police will tell you to find a lawyer because it's not their problem.

Of course, if something "unsightly" happens to canongrapherL's existance, it'll probably end as a police case, I'd just like to point out that prime suspect would be Cyber + you for the veiled threat he posted.

Then thanx for pointing it out Mr Unseen ....

Wrong behavior is still wrong regardless of purpose. Can u just answer if you think you have the right to block others' view (especially if u are not official photographer for that event)?
    So who will have to apologize?

Let's say:
    You urgently want to go home (sure that u have many reasons for it) and drive too fast. Someone point out that u are wrong when disobey the law. Here what u say: "you cannot get home early if drive slow", "many people also do that", "if you do not know the situation there, do not post based on ur facts" blah blah... What do u think?

Well, I only wanted the apology ... Other than that, yes its the court if it affects me ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Srono View Post
    Wrong behavior is still wrong regardless of purpose. Can u just answer if you think you have the right to block others' view (especially if u are not official photographer for that event)?
    So who will have to apologize?

Let's say:
    You urgently want to go home (sure that u have many reasons for it) and drive too fast. Someone point out that u are wrong when disobey the law. Here what u say: "you cannot get home early if drive slow", "many people also do that", "if you do not know the situation there, do not post based on ur facts" blah blah... What do u think?
    Why don't you see it as, if I have to stand to shoot, obviously there's someone blocking me in front ... And seated people can't block me ...

Sometimes I feel, it's just a question of the photographer's manners and handling the attention of the public.

Anyway, if we photographers want to go and take pictures,
    naturally we'll also have to consider that not everybody will welcome you.

No need to get so sensitive over such issues.
    You want to do it, den you'll have to expect it.

And I feel the argument of "it's a public place we can do whatever we want" thing is just an excuse.
    If everybody can do whatever they want in public then there would be no social order in society already.
    Last edited by IForYou; 11th March 2007 at 04:35 AM.

Argh, I'll just let the mods handle this ... And I'm still waiting for the apology, that's it ...

Why don't you see it as, if I have to stand to shoot, obviously there's someone blocking me in front ... And seated people can't block me ...
    I may not get your point here.

BUT If there were someone in front of you and she/he blocked your view => he/she was also wrong. And now you know how annoying when someone is standing and blocking other's view. So u dont want to do the same thing to people behind, right?

You may want to shot and post their photo here also, LOL
    Last edited by Srono; 11th March 2007 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nonchann View Post
    i think there is something called social responsibilty. If everyone can do whatever they like, where will social order be? There must social etiquette too. Honestly, even if you don't stand up, I will equally distracted by your huge ass flash. If you are geniune in being an audience appreciating the performers, respect them by not flashing at them. Sure you may argue PnS shooters also flash, but do you want to compare your flash wattage to theirs? Also, if other people are doing wrong, it does not justify your action in doing it too. It not only disturbs them on stage but the people around you too.
    Oh my I missed reading your post.
    Same thoughts as me.

Just to add on:

I feel the should thread should be about the social (dis)order that we photographers are creating,
    and our social etiquette.

Not about who blocks who and he blocks me and I block him and we block each other
    and we all get into a pointless discussion about who blocks who and who gets a picture.

Oh and the whole thing about demanding apology or else I do something to you is one of those things that make people go
    Last edited by IForYou; 11th March 2007 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Srono View Post
    I may not get your point here.

BUT If there were someone in front of you and she/he blocked your view => he/she was also wrong. And now you know how annoying when someone is standing and blocking other's view. So u dont want to do the same thing to people behind, right?

You may want to shot and post their photo here also, LOL
    So what's the point in shooting subjects blocking me ... I rather just get my shot and off with it, not worth to sacrifice the shot ...
    Last edited by yilishengxian; 11th March 2007 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IForYou View Post
    Sometimes I feel, it's just a question of the photographer's manners and handling the attention of the public.

Anyway, if we photographers want to go and take pictures,
    naturally we'll also have to consider that not everybody will welcome you.

No need to get so sensitive over such issues.
    You want to do it, den you'll have to expect it.

And I feel the argument of "it's a public place we can do whatever we want" thing is just an excuse.
    If everybody can do whatever they want in public then there would no social order in society already.
    i totally agree with IForYou.
    besides,was the photographer complained by the person/persons blocked by him?
    did any officials from the show or suntec's in house security give him any warning for being a nuisance?
    what the photographer did might not b the best course of action but it's within limits of the officials who were present @ that time.

besides,u cant have ur eggs w/o 1st cracking it's shell..there's ALWAYS someone/something blocking another's view.If blocked,shift n get urself a commanding view of the stage.@ least that's what i was trained.lol.
    Last edited by syc77; 11th March 2007 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IForYou View Post
    Just to add on:

I feel the should thread should be about the social (dis)order that we photographers are creating,
    and our social etiquette.

Not about who blocks who and he blocks me and I block him and we block each other
    and we all get into a pointless discussion about who blocks who and who gets a picture.

Oh and the whole thing about demanding apology or else I do something to you is one of those things that make people go
    I did not mention that I'll do anything to them ...

I did not mention that I'll do anything to them ...
    neither did I say that You, specifically, will do something to anyone if you read my post again.
    Last edited by IForYou; 11th March 2007 at 04:58 AM.

well, I'd say be happy that this is only on CS.
    The threadstarter didn't do anything wrong, since the photo WAS taken in a perfectly public place, and he isn't wrong in his description as . Imagine if someone took the photo and sent it to the press, and the press decides to publish such a photo. Not only would CS know about the misbehaviour, the whole Singapore would too.

If you're prepared to do anything for your image, do be prepared for any backlash.

well, I'd say be happy that this is only on CS.
    The threadstarter didn't do anything wrong, since the photo WAS taken in a perfectly public place, and he isn't wrong in his description as . Imagine if someone took the photo and sent it to the press, and the press decides to publish such a photo. Not only would CS know about the misbehaviour, the whole Singapore would too.

If you're prepared to do anything for your image, do be prepared for any backlash.
    now that you've mentioned it, yea you've probably got a point there.

Argh, I'm not going to care liao ... Who cares what ppl think of me anyway ... That's it, I'll just get my images ...

So what's the point in shooting subjects blocking me ... I rather just get my shot and off with it, not worth to sacrifice the shot ...
    XD once again I enquire upon the NEED to do something to get that shot.

Everyone will feel the need to get the shot, but the problem is are they prepared to face the consequences that arise from meeting those needs? Even bank robbers have a NEED to get extra $$, and I tend to presume they're probably prepared to face the possible consequences that's why they go ahead to rob the banks.

Suppose someone got robbed of $$, decides to rob a bank because he got robbed. Imagine if he was caught on CCTV and subsequently arrested, then he demands an apology from the bank for having the CCTV capturing him in action. It makes people go doesn't it?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast