Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 88

Thread: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    The most complete edition of windows



    does that means that every other edition of windows was incomplete?
    i think what they meant was

    Windows Vista Ultimate
    The most complete edition of windows (vista)

    and not some half-farked home version.

  2. #62
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Very Idiotic System To Abolish?

  3. #63

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    The most complete edition of windows



    does that means that every other edition of windows was incomplete?
    Ha ha ha thats funny, good one

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    same here but i use OS X to entertain my kids with its eye candy galore instead. still using XP 98% of the time.

    buy Leopard for their "new" themes & parental control? i really really hope they have something more useful than juz these in the next upgrade.
    Vista has parental control

  5. #65

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    Vista has parental control
    About 15 years late, so yeah, that's about right time for M$ to start to implement into their OS & call that a brand new feature. very innovative .

  6. #66
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Value Is Something This Ainít

    Vheg Imfra Snek Tuk Acijeh

    Very Important Software To Avoid

    Vomit Is Sure To Accompany
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  7. #67

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Value Is Something This Ainít

    Vheg Imfra Snek Tuk Acijeh

    Very Important Software To Avoid

    Vomit Is Sure To Accompany

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonrus View Post
    About 15 years late, so yeah, that's about right time for M$ to start to implement into their OS & call that a brand new feature. very innovative .
    thats exactly what apple did with their up coming Leopard. very "innovative" indeed. how many yrs late for the theme thingy also?

  9. #69

    Default

    objectively speaking, there's nothing really wrong with copying each other's idea. the market gets more competitive & the products get better for consumers. juz like "u can do 10fps, i can also do 10fps". u get live view, i also have, who started it is no longer important. more importantly is who is still ahead of the market. Kodak (Fuji copy films but make them better & sold much better) & IBM (u no longer hear people say, buy "IBM compatible PC") r good egs. for illustration.

    i m most supportive of open source, u dun get held by the neck like MS or apple. hope the day where Linux becomes mainstream will arrive sooner than i think.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    thats exactly what apple did with their up coming Leopard. very "innovative" indeed. how many yrs late for the theme thingy also?
    Either you have no idea or you have no idea about Apple's products.

    How about 15yrs early for Apple? They started allowing users to implement parental control ever since OS 7 (might be earlier, but my knowledge only stretch as early as that era), but most users just never it or brag about what's taken for granted.

    Themes 'thingy' came out (as part of Apple OS) since OS 8.5 but with third party it went back all the way to OS 7 (or earlier) as well. That's about the time when Windows 3 got launched iirc.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    windows users are too busy taking photographs to actually bother coming onto a forum to bash another OS

  12. #72

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonrus View Post
    Either you have no idea or you have no idea about Apple's products.

    How about 15yrs early for Apple? They started allowing users to implement parental control ever since OS 7 (might be earlier, but my knowledge only stretch as early as that era), but most users just never it or brag about what's taken for granted.

    Themes 'thingy' came out (as part of Apple OS) since OS 8.5 but with third party it went back all the way to OS 7 (or earlier) as well. That's about the time when Windows 3 got launched iirc.
    i have to admit, i dun have as comprehensive backgnd about apple's older OSes. my experience with apple ended with their IIe running apple dos. i'll take ur word for it that those r really old stuff. so why wud apple brand them as new features in Leopard? easier to make fans believe these r new so that they part with their money for this next ver? or perhaps taking advantage of the fans' passion for all things apple so they can put old things inside & call it new?

    why have a next ver of OS X when there's nothing really new & innovative? so many fans feeling happy & cool over it somemore... i really dun get it. guess its an apple thing.

    like i mentioned earlier, since OS 10 till now 10.4, there's nothing radically changed. nothing wrong with that, i'll also be using XP for a long while too. open source progress is what i'm really interested in.
    Last edited by nightpiper; 16th March 2007 at 12:39 AM.

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    windows users are too busy taking photographs to actually bother coming onto a forum to bash another OS
    perhaps...

    the way i see it... this thread started as a fun initiative was actually an excuse for bashing. like some of those people out there whom i've seen & known, always trying to belittle others around them so that they can feel superior, in the name of fun.

    u dun see windows users bashing apple in the name of fun with things like:

    mac: hi i'm a mac
    PC: & i'm a PC. so mac, what r u doing?
    mac: oh, i'm listening to my iTunes from the iMac, & i can do it on the iPod as well as mac book. what about u?
    PC: i'm listening from my windows player. & hey, i can use other software like winamp too & i can download skins & themes & they r all free & fun & highly customisable to suit individual unique style!!
    mac: oh... i'm juz listening to my iTunes on my iMac, & i can do it on the iPod as well as mac book.
    PC: i can also download my fav music to most of the mp3 players in the market w/o worrying about compatibility or the need for special software to do it.
    mac: i can only do that on the iPod with only iTunes. (looking sulky)
    ....blah blah blah.....


    see what i mean. there's really no need for such threads, each to their individual needs. so what if u have a slow computer with 2 mins boot up time? make those who have 30s boot time more superior? its juz a matter of choice...
    Last edited by nightpiper; 16th March 2007 at 01:01 AM.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    perhaps...

    the way i see it... this thread started as a fun initiative was actually an excuse for bashing. like some of those people out there whom i've seen & known, always trying to belittle others around them so that they can feel superior, in the name of fun.
    hello..i'm the Threadstarter ( )

    who's belittling here? i kick their ass for u k =P

  15. #75

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    i have to admit, i dun have as comprehensive backgnd about apple's older OSes. my experience with apple ended with their IIe running apple dos. i'll take ur word for it that those r really old stuff. so why wud apple brand them as new features in Leopard? easier to make fans believe these r new so that they part with their money for this next ver? or perhaps taking advantage of the fans' passion for all things apple so they can put old things inside & call it new?

    why have a next ver of OS X when there's nothing really new & innovative? so many fans feeling happy & cool over it somemore... i really dun get it. guess its an apple thing.

    like i mentioned earlier, since OS 10 till now 10.4, there's nothing radically changed. nothing wrong with that, i'll also be using XP for a long while too. open source progress is what i'm really interested in.
    I think I used to have Apple ][e emulator in my PC and it runs so much faster than the original Apple ][e.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    i have to admit, i dun have as comprehensive backgnd about apple's older OSes. my experience with apple ended with their IIe running apple dos. i'll take ur word for it that those r really old stuff. so why wud apple brand them as new features in Leopard? easier to make fans believe these r new so that they part with their money for this next ver? or perhaps taking advantage of the fans' passion for all things apple so they can put old things inside & call it new?

    why have a next ver of OS X when there's nothing really new & innovative? so many fans feeling happy & cool over it somemore... i really dun get it. guess its an apple thing.

    like i mentioned earlier, since OS 10 till now 10.4, there's nothing radically changed. nothing wrong with that, i'll also be using XP for a long while too. open source progress is what i'm really interested in.
    It's ok, I do and I started with Apple ][c before being seduced by the darkside till windows 3.x before I realised I was paying for really crappy stuff.
    Rebanding features are very common for many manufacturers, not just Apple or computer mfgrs. Not trying to start any new flames but just take a look at Coke's New Coke and Classic Coke ad campaign. Everyone (coke lovers) got angry with the New Coke replacing the original blah blah blah..... In the end it's just to create awareness to sell more coke after Pepsi overtook Coke for a while.

    And because you don't use Mac OS, you can just say there's no difference between 10.0 & 10.4, but the fact is plenty has changed, just not extemely much on the visual side. Based on what you have said, I can use your same logic to say that XP is just the same NT, with just some visual changes, but that isn't correct now is it?

    And lastly, if you're so pro opensource as you claim, you should just dump XP or anything from M$ and just use things like Ubuntu, FreeBSD or some other flavours of Linux.


    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    perhaps...

    u dun see windows users bashing apple in the name of fun with things like:
    You haven't searched in youtube for this haven't you? Plenty of them available. Most are just badly done & without any merit.

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    I think I used to have Apple ][e emulator in my PC and it runs so much faster than the original Apple ][e.
    You were on a 3Ghz with 1Gb of ram P4? and the original ][e was what 2Mhz? and 48K ram. With a machine that's 1,500x faster and if you can't get it to run an emulation faster than the original, I would think there's some serious problems with the emulator.
    Last edited by nikonrus; 16th March 2007 at 10:08 AM.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    hello..i'm the Threadstarter ( )

    who's belittling here? i kick their ass for u k =P
    try putting up similar thread in the canon forum with "what's Nikon "real" meaning..." or vice versa & i'm sure u'll get the attention of the mods.

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonrus
    And lastly, if you're so pro opensource as you claim, you should just dump XP or anything from M$ and just use things like Ubuntu, FreeBSD or some other flavours of Linux.....

    And because you don't use Mac OS, you can just say there's no difference between 10.0 & 10.4, but the fact is plenty has changed, just not extemely much on the visual side. Based on what you have said, I can use your same logic to say that XP is just the same NT, with just some visual changes, but that isn't correct now is it?

    You haven't searched in youtube for this haven't you? Plenty of them available. Most are just badly done & without any merit.
    like i said earlier... open source is still in the works. when its more matured, i'll make the jump & yes, i played with Ubuntu before thank u. also used OS 10 & 10.2 & now using 10.4, the search has improved, that i noticed, nothing else really impressed me.

    "windows users" refers to those within CS, in line with mattlock response. i've seen some 'ads' in youtube & i agree they r badly done w/o much merit, but i dun cont'd to search for more to amuse myself.

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonrus View Post
    Either you have no idea or you have no idea about Apple's products.

    How about 15yrs early for Apple? They started allowing users to implement parental control ever since OS 7 (might be earlier, but my knowledge only stretch as early as that era), but most users just never it or brag about what's taken for granted.

    Themes 'thingy' came out (as part of Apple OS) since OS 8.5 but with third party it went back all the way to OS 7 (or earlier) as well. That's about the time when Windows 3 got launched iirc.
    But the current of OS X dun have themes leh

  19. #79

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?


  20. #80
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    418

    Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

    Haa Haa!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by caustic0 View Post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •