Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

Default Re: Windows VISTA - the "real" meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    i was looking forward to checking out the new Windows Flip and Windows Flip 3D functions, wondering if they are any better than Mac's Expose.

wasn't that impressed after playing around with Vista during the IT show. still find that Mac OS have a more elegant feel to it. if i ever use Vista, somehow i feel i would rather turn off all the distracting effects, to save on memory usage. that's what i did with my XP.
    personally , i find OSX Expose is more useful and convenient for lazy people like me

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    hence it means it is not faster, easier, less buggy, and more compatible with more 3rd parties....?
    I'll be neutral for this particular post

Compatibility & 3rd party drivers are similar across the board for all 'new' OS. Give enuf time and someone (manufacturer or someone else) will eventually come up with something unless the product/software is lousy & obsolete.

another original from me

"Very Insidious Software That Annihilates!!"

I installed Home Premium. Used skype with my logitech webcam. At the end of the session - Bluescreen of Death!!! Guess it will be a while before proper drivers come up.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    I installed Home Premium. Used skype with my logitech webcam. At the end of the session - Bluescreen of Death!!! Guess it will be a while before proper drivers come up.
    I dun think that has got anything to do with drivers. And at worst case scenario, wrong drivers will only cause yr webcam not to work. Anyway, Vista supposed to prevent crashing application from bringing down the OS?

Quote Originally Posted by nikonrus View Post
    I dun think that has got anything to do with drivers. And at worst case scenario, wrong drivers will only cause yr webcam not to work. Anyway, Vista supposed to prevent crashing application from bringing down the OS?
    Well that happened to me. Imagine, I hang up skype and the whole thing freezes for a second and that BSOD come up. I was hoping that they'd at least change the color

The webcam works but I think the drivers are not very polished or something. Somehow does not work very well with Skype. On XP, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    to dry your tears?
    to let you book table at Kopitiam!
    eat. drink. shoot

come on guys, get creative with VISTA!

Well that happened to me. Imagine, I hang up skype and the whole thing freezes for a second and that BSOD come up. I was hoping that they'd at least change the color

The webcam works but I think the drivers are not very polished or something. Somehow does not work very well with Skype. On XP, no problem.
    Aiyah, I didn't say it didn't/wouldn't happen; read between the line la.

And about the color for the BSOD, what do you expect from a company who's official product logo until only a few months ago was pixelated.

btw, just curious. anyone still using win98 because they refused to upgrade to winxp? i remembered some of my friends actually said "i will never ever install winxp on my computer. it is unstable, unreliable and lots of compatibilty problems. i will stick to my win98.".

haha, now, all using winxp. and guess what? i was talking to this same friend again just now. "Dun bother about win vista. they have lots and lots of problems and bugs. stick to winxp." ok.............. wonder.

yah yah, i know some here going to say mac is best..............stop it..............i find it like comparing apples to calabi-yau spaces, like oranges to primordial nucleosynthesis,

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    btw, just curious. anyone still using win98 because they refused to upgrade to winxp? i remembered some of my friends actually said "i will never ever install winxp on my computer. it is unstable, unreliable and lots of compatibilty problems. i will stick to my win98.".

haha, now, all using winxp. and guess what? i was talking to this same friend again just now. "Dun bother about win vista. they have lots and lots of problems and bugs. stick to winxp." ok.............. wonder.

yah yah, i know some here going to say mac is best..............stop it..............i find it like comparing apples to calabi-yau spaces, like oranges to primordial nucleosynthesis,
    At least Win98 does not put a cap on the size of a FAT32 partition you can create...

yep, as mentioned in post #1, no OS flame wars please! this is purely a VISTA bashing thread ( kidding)

just get creative with the acronym can liao =P

why u all dun like Vista?

if dun like Windows, why still using?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post

I dun, and I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonrus View Post
    I dun, and I'm not.
    woah, you dunno the things you are missing out man. dun you know how fun installing and configuring anti virus progs, tuneup apps and updating drivers are? i have like a fetish for doing those things. somehow for me, a computer without these needs makes me feel slightly "empty". but in the end, i think it is up to personalities and how you use the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post

got all meh?

you are not going to run a poll on this, are you? :P

i'm running both Mac OS and Win XP on the same machine =) i'm still using Windows because i need it to run my games =P using Mac OS for pretty much everything else.

i'm fine with both, they have their own appeal. the Mac OS requires "lesser" maintenance though, which suits a lazy person like me.

*edit*

oh ya, forgot to mention this. Mac OS have an update to 10.4.9. run your updates! (getting closer and closer to Leopard!)
    Last edited by Stereobox; 14th March 2007 at 08:15 AM.

woah, you dunno the things you are missing out man. dun you know how fun installing and configuring anti virus progs, tuneup apps and updating drivers are? i have like a fetish for doing those things. somehow for me, a computer without these needs makes me feel slightly "empty". but in the end, i think it is up to personalities and how you use the computer.
    Hehehe. I remeber reading about a reverse bashing on the OS X almost the way you described. Too bad I lost the link.
    Anyway for those who use the other OS, I'd rather do work 98 (pun intended) percent on my computer than to work on my computer 98 (pun intended again) percent of the time.

got plenty. & i'm talking about big companies still running win98 on a PII. OMG, they still didn't realise 98 got no security features like NT4!! back in the mid 90's, still got banks using 286 with DOS & wordstar2000 on monochrome screen in CGA.

anyway, i dun see a lot of diff between apple & MS. they use the same method to suck money, only diff implementation. objectively speaking, what has radically changed since OS 10? till today, the 10.4 has the same look, same interface, same everything but apple wants u to buy their next ver everytime for some features addons. windows on the other hand makes u pay for the diff 'levels' within the same OS. if u asked me, there has been quite a lot of change since win 95 to win2k to XP.

i can fully understand why the upcry for open source in Europe. WE NEED THAT!!

At least Win98 does not put a cap on the size of a FAT32 partition you can create...
    the size is still cap by physical limitation of the FAT32 itself. max partition is 40GB, so u get about 39.xxGB useable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    i'm running both Mac OS and Win XP on the same machine =) i'm still using Windows because i need it to run my games =P using Mac OS for pretty much everything else.

same here but i use OS X to entertain my kids with its eye candy galore instead. still using XP 98% of the time.

buy Leopard for their "new" themes & parental control? i really really hope they have something more useful than juz these in the next upgrade.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast