Thread: Insect in Control

Default Insect in Control

C & C welcomed.

Default Re: Insect in Control

big picture small insect

i thought the subj of the photo was your signature

Some comments. It's difficult to make out what is the insect because details are lacking ( logically should be a spider on a spider's web). A close-up might be more effective but I believe you used a normal lens which may not be as effective. And the signature is distracting because it takes up too much space.
    "...not taking what one doesn't desire is the hardest thing in the world" - Albert Camus

ok i understand...cause i took it together with the web....i got a pic of the spider in close up..but not in details of the web...so i shot it together with the web..as i understand his weapons is his webs.

Other than the points that others have mentioned, i.e. the insect does not seem to be the focus here, signature humongous..

Would like to point out that this angle doesn't flatter or convey the idea that the insect is in control. It looks like the poor thing (a spider? which isn't exactly an insect, but heck about that) is struggling in the web, which gives the OPPOSITE idea. There is no strong sense of "control" here in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Other than the points that others have mentioned, i.e. the insect does not seem to be the focus here, signature humongous..

Would like to point out that this angle doesn't flatter or convey the idea that the insect is in control. It looks like the poor thing (a spider? which isn't exactly an insect, but heck about that) is struggling in the web, which gives the OPPOSITE idea. There is no strong sense of "control" here in any way.
    agreed.

maybe the TS-er's language isn't so good, I think he meant the insect being under control by its web... LOL.

hmm, honestly i thought that was an insect trapped on the spider's web.. no?

i agree that signature should not dominate the picture
    Nikon D80 kit | Nikkor AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED
    flickr gallery