Thread: Is flickr the best for online photo storage and viewing?

Default Is flickr the best for online photo storage and viewing?

Is flickr the best for online photo storage and viewing?

Default Re: Is flickr the best for online photo storage and viewing?

have a look at this http://www.smugmug.com/. I am using them and its great. if you decide to use them pls PM me (before u sign up) and use my email id to get a $5 discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Success View Post
    Is flickr the best for online photo storage and viewing?
    it depends on ur personal preference, and whether u want paid photo sharing services or not...

Look Here for another thread about free photo sharing sites...

personally i don't really like flickr coz of it's interface.. it can't really be personalised and your main page shows all your photos so it looks a bit disorganised... but in terms of speed it's one of the best.. and the mass editing tools are also very good...

what you could do is to try out the different service available and see what u like best...
    i use fotki, and others have been known to use multiply, photobucket, imageshack, pbase, webshots etc.....
    Canon EOS 30D w/ grip 580EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S 10-22mm
    :bsmilie:

I hv been a Flickr member for 5 months, I guess the +/- points are
    - fast upload of photos even in bulk
    - fast and intuitive user interface especially in organising and tagging of photos
    - photos can be easily grouped in sets, and can be sent to interest groups.
    - anybody can start a "group" example 100BestB&W, set their own rules, admins , or even make their grp exclusive for invite-only members
    - Near limitless "helpful aids" can be installed via Greasemonkey scripts via FireFox browser,
    basically enhancing your commenting/sharing/browsing experience. You need to use it to
    know how good it is.
    - poor customisation ie there is no difference fr your homepage to the others
    - still lacking in the hip/arty quotient as compared to deviantart and some other sites.

Guess that is all I can think of.

if u wanna use www.myphotoalbum.com pls pm so u can sign up through me, we would get both advantages. it is good where it shows the actual real resolution and it is very organised and 1st time user friendly even for ppl visiting your account

if it's purely for online storage and viewing, i suppose flickr is just as good as its competitors. i think flickr's strength lies in its groups.

There's DeviantArt also.

There is no best. It's what you want out of it. Can always try it out first.