Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: which car is the most fuel efficient?

Default Re: which car is the most fuel efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    If the price of a Gen 2 (Malaysia) and a Mitsubishi Lancer (Japan) comes so close that it is less than $2k apart, which would you consider?
    Hmmm... It'll depends on the resale value and fuel efficiency of the 2 cars then. But my friends who are driving the Lancer said that the fuel efficiency is not really good. If I want something not so common, then I'll go for the Gen 2. Anyway it's a 5-door hatchback vs a 4-door sedan.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Aren't you considering the Honda City? It's within the budget & very economical as well. Furthermore, space usage is 2nd to none in the same class (rear seats can be folded to store large objects etc). You might wanna have a look at it..

cheers,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Hmmm... It'll depends on the resale value and fuel efficiency of the 2 cars then. But my friends who are driving the Lancer said that the fuel efficiency is not really good. If I want something not so common, then I'll go for the Gen 2. Anyway it's a 5-door hatchback vs a 4-door sedan.
    Not sure if you know that Proton uses Mitsubishi engine.. If you mentioned that Lancer has poor FC, I'm sure its the same for Gen 2. Anyway, the advertised Gen 2 in the papers is a 1.3 litre car.

Also, I'd advise against driving the Gen 2 if you are frequent up North frequently. The spare parts are well sought-after so missing car rate is quite high.

wah.. so many choices..

took my driving test w a city. haa.
    won't mind it as well. so long as its durable, efficent and have good build.

Not sure if you know that Proton uses Mitsubishi engine.. If you mentioned that Lancer has poor FC, I'm sure its the same for Gen 2. Anyway, the advertised Gen 2 in the papers is a 1.3 litre car.

Also, I'd advise against driving the Gen 2 if you are frequent up North frequently. The spare parts are well sought-after so missing car rate is quite high.
    Actually the Proton Gen2 is using a newly developed engine between Proton & Lotus. It's called the CamPro engine. I heard that fuel economy is not that good so if you rate that highly then maybe should look elsewhere.

cheers,
    Andrew
    Last edited by chewraisins; 6th March 2007 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiong78 View Post
    wah.. so many choices..

took my driving test w a city. haa.
    won't mind it as well. so long as its durable, efficent and have good build.
    I've had driving experience on all the cars listed.. I would say amongst all those listed, I'm most impressed by Jazz & City (comparing fuel economy, space to lug things around, comfort, design).

So have you test driven all the cars listed? maybe you should do so & find the one that impresses u most.. How nice it is to have the budget for a new car.

cheers,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by chewraisins View Post
    I've had driving experience on all the cars listed.. I would say amongst all those listed, I'm most impressed by Jazz & City (comparing fuel economy, space to lug things around, comfort, design).

So have you test driven all the cars listed? maybe you should do so & find the one that impresses u most.. How nice it is to have the budget for a new car.

cheers,
    Andrew
    so its btw the latio, city, jazz and vios then i suppose.

so its btw the latio, city, jazz and vios then i suppose.
    Haha bro, go test drive all the make and model that you wanted to. If once is not enough, then go test drive a few more times until you are sure you are ready for the purchase. Buying a car is a commitment so juz be sure that you have planned out your finances.

Cheers

Haha bro, go test drive all the make and model that you wanted to. If once is not enough, then go test drive a few more times until you are sure you are ready for the purchase. Buying a car is a commitment so juz be sure that you have planned out your finances.

Cheers
    yup will do. thanks to all!

Suzuki Swift. Can run arnd 500km on a full tank - 42l (Hard Acceleration )

Featured in Top Gear & Fifth Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Suzuki Swift. Can run arnd 500km on a full tank - 42l (Hard Acceleration )
    Bro, the TS is already having a tough time making his decision and you are making it worst by adding one more model

Swift Sport

Bro, the TS is already having a tough time making his decision and you are making it worst by adding one more model

Swift Sport
    At least there's first hand experience

Sunny is a fuel guzzler while the new Latio has a much better engine, giving a much better FC.

If you are deciding on the Jazz, only get the Manual version. The CVT (Continously Variable Transmission) isnt very reliable to begin with. A replacement of the gearbox can easily set you back for $8k.
    Bro Lmodel, so how does the Jazz CVT compared to the Latio's CVT?

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Bro Lmodel, so how does the Jazz CVT compared to the Latio's CVT?
    Have yet to hear any complaints from any Latio's owner regarding faulty transmission. However, quite a numerous complaints about Jazz's CVT with one barely a yr old replacing the whole gearbox. Not too sure if he got a Lemon car but he's lucky its still under warranty.

Swift Sport
    Swift Sports is good. But the normal Swift is not very fantastic. Pick up is very slow even when I'm alone in the car w/o any additional load/goods.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Not only considering fuel economy, vehicle prices are something you should look at oso. You may wan to look at the following:

a. Honda Jazz 1.4M (Thailand) - $50.7k - 16km/l -18kml
    b. Honda Jazz 1.4A (Thailand) - $51.7k - 15km/l
    c. Nissan Sunny 1.6M (Japan) - $42k - 11km/l - 12km/l
    d. Nissan Sunny 1.6A (Japan) - $43k - 10.5km/l - 11km/l
    e. Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6M (Japan) - $41k - 12km/l - 13km/l
    f. Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6A (Japan) - $43k - 11km/l
    g. Toyota Vios 1.5M (Thailand) - $45k - 14km/l
    h. Toyota Vios 1.5A (Thailand) - $47k - 12km/l - 13km/l

Figures only serves as a guide and dun flame me if your car has worst or better FC, cheaper or more expensive. Btw, all cars here are the basic models only.

MY views:
    Despite being in the market for a long time and people generally says it is not as good as the Toyota, I would go for the Mitsubishi lancer given that it is a true Japan made vehicle. Comparing the Lancer to an Altis (same category), the latter easily costs $7k more. I would rather use this money to offset my petrol even though consumption might be slightly higher than an Altis (some say about the same). Ultimately, I do not even know if I will drive beyond 5 years. Most importantly, I am usually driving in Singapore and it is able to fetch me from Point A to Point B.

Cheers
    Hi there,

Just to clarify, Jazz sold in Singapore is made in Japan not Thailand.

Just got my Jazz in Jan this year. Must say it is really a nice car to drive. FC is quite good too. Am geting around 15km/l. Driving a manual Jazz. I like to rev and am usually the first off at the lights and can still get 15km/l. That is what I call good FC! But driving style plays a lot in how good your FC is.

It is one of the most spacious sub-compact cars around when compared to the rest. I looked at the Yaris too but Yaris has practically no boot space at all. You should look at the boot space of the Jazz. Huge for its class.

Have yet to hear any complaints from any Latio's owner regarding faulty transmission. However, quite a numerous complaints about Jazz's CVT with one barely a yr old replacing the whole gearbox. Not too sure if he got a Lemon car but he's lucky its still under warranty.
    Thanks for clarifying Bro.

Jazz or Fit is highly recommended but cabin noise is pretty high. Might have to do some additional soundproofing if you prefer quieter ride.

ok ... so got 5 options then..

jazz, city, vios, latio & swift...
    have to go test them out this weekend then.

thanks everyone.

ok ... so got 5 options then..

jazz, city, vios, latio & swift...
    have to go test them out this weekend then.

thanks everyone.
    bro, if you like those 5 mentioned, you might like to take a look at Honda Airwave.. its spacious, fuel efficient and it look cool....

I'm waiting for mine come....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast