Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Gardens and CNY - fee

Default Chinese Gardens and CNY - fee

Hi, didn't know where else to ask, and desperate because I might be making an impulse/impromptu trip down tomorrow to Chinese Gardens for some IR shooting.

I am not willing to pay the entrance fee, heard from my parents that because of CNY they charging entrance fee. Is it over already? Hopefully the dudes over the West can help me out.

I live at Eunos.. Damn sian if go all the way down and then have to pay, already kena tok twice for Lantern Festival (hi, I went during the day see what blardy lantern).. And another time they claimed they were closed, but oh you can go in if you want to see the tortoise museum.. 0.o Whatever..

Thanks in advance for replies, if any.

Default Re: Chinese Gardens and CNY - fee

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Hi, didn't know where else to ask, and desperate because I might be making an impulse/impromptu trip down tomorrow to Chinese Gardens for some IR shooting.

I am not willing to pay the entrance fee, heard from my parents that because of CNY they charging entrance fee. Is it over already? Hopefully the dudes over the West can help me out.

I live at Eunos.. Damn sian if go all the way down and then have to pay, already kena tok twice for Lantern Festival (hi, I went during the day see what blardy lantern).. And another time they claimed they were closed, but oh you can go in if you want to see the tortoise museum.. 0.o Whatever..

Thanks in advance for replies, if any.
    after CNY it is free.

the entrance fee to Chinese Garden ended on 4/3/07

Quote Originally Posted by hhho View Post
    the entrance fee to Chinese Garden ended on 4/3/07
    YEAHHHHHH.

Thanks so much dudes, I couldn't find any information on this the whole day.. Internet don't have.. Tourism Board also don't have. =D

Btw, need to pay for entrance into Chinese Gardens because it's "closed for renovation" from 6 to 10 March. Damn irritating, always pull stunt like this.

Today I paid, so warn you guys.. =D $5 for adults. For Tortoise Museum. Because if you go to Tortoise Museum they let you in. So basically the idea is pay money lor.

Yeah, crazy charges. I went to Chinese Garden on day before CNY eve and thought can do free IR. But they charge 5 bucks. So ok, lah wasted all afternoon going from AMK station to Chinese Garden and back. STB website said free lor, never say CNY got charge. So its free other times when there are no major festivals going on like lantern festival?
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

during the whole year when it is not CNY, the whole place is deserted like a ghost town, suddenly CNY, everybody wants to go there... of course they want to charge you $$$$ make up for the loss.

just pay lar,
    the whole year so empty don't want to go, why wait until CNY than go?

later chinese grarden close down than you want to go also can't liao.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSiao View Post
    Yeah, crazy charges. I went to Chinese Garden on day before CNY eve and thought can do free IR. But they charge 5 bucks. So ok, lah wasted all afternoon going from AMK station to Chinese Garden and back. STB website said free lor, never say CNY got charge. So its free other times when there are no major festivals going on like lantern festival?
    Hahaha, you refuse to pay ar.. I pay.

CNY got charge, but I thought after CNY no more charge. Oh wells.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    just pay lar,
    the whole year so empty don't want to go, why wait until CNY than go?

later chinese grarden close down than you want to go also can't liao.
    Eh, I rather not go during CNY, but I impulse go because it seems quite fun to IR there..

I paid lor. Also feed the turtles and fish for them.

Might as well.

Just seems very unethical to me to proclaim that it's FOC and then find any simple excuse to charge. Not like they aren't getting funding. =/

Eh, I rather not go during CNY, but I impulse go because it seems quite fun to IR there..

I paid lor. Also feed the turtles and fish for them.

Might as well.

Just seems very unethical to me to proclaim that it's FOC and then find any simple excuse to charge. Not like they aren't getting funding. =/
    getting fund from who??

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    getting fund from who??
    Jurong Town Corporation. Very rich one la!

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/faq.asp#b2

Jurong Town Corporation. Very rich one la!

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/faq.asp#b2
    I see.

so basically as of today...you still need to pay to get in?
    went earlier just after CNY, I saw must pay, I choose not to go in...
    its true that all the internet sources say entry is free....so misleading...

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Yest View Post
    so basically as of today...you still need to pay to get in?
    went earlier just after CNY, I saw must pay, I choose not to go in...
    its true that all the internet sources say entry is free....so misleading...
    Yeah, generally free la. Meaning normal timing.

6-10 Mar, that's what I remember.. $5 for adult to gain access into the place to go to Turtle Museum, hehe.

In general, it's not really misleading, the Gardens got changed to free entry at a certain point in time.. Just that they don't keep an update on what works they claim to be doing.. In my opinion there is no real need to "close" the Gardens per se to remove CNY deco or Lantern Festival deco (earlier time I went right after Lantern Festival and kena.. This time forgot and kena again.).. =D

I just don't remember ever need to pay ever time I go there for cycling or jogging.

Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    I just don't remember ever need to pay ever time I go there for cycling or jogging.
    Go now!

Then you can have chance to pay.

At least when I enter from main entrance. I wonder if need to pay if sneak in from the other entrance ( the one near the bridge). Hrm. IDEA!

Go now!

Then you can have chance to pay.

At least when I enter from main entrance. I wonder if need to pay if sneak in from the other entrance ( the one near the bridge). Hrm. IDEA!
    Why don't you try going in by the rear entrance. You can take the MRT from Eunos and get off at Chinese Garden Stn. Walk along the footpath at the rear of the Stn it will lead you into the gardens where the large pagoda is.

I normally enter from this direction and entry is free other than the days when they have spruced up the Gardens for festivals.
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
    teerex@myinfrared.com

Quote Originally Posted by teerex View Post
    Why don't you try going in by the rear entrance. You can take the MRT from Eunos and get off at Chinese Garden Stn. Walk along the footpath at the rear of the Stn it will lead you into the gardens where the large pagoda is.

I normally enter from this direction and entry is free other than the days when they have spruced up the Gardens for festivals.
    Yeah, I used that entrance!

Talking about the other entrance with the bridge, hrm.

Alright everyone!

I just came back from lunch and drop by chinese garden rear entrance there to ask.
    Till 11 Mar need to pay $5 because of the "tortoise". After that will be free again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast