Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best website to share photos? (free one...you pgnee you chgnee)

Default Re: What is the best website to share photos? (free one...you pgnee you chgnee)

Deviant Art doesn't seem to have limits. Hrm.
    But upload is very erratic. At first very fast, now taking ages for a relatively small file too.
    But no limits is good, might keep a more permanent album there. Flickr's limits are quite sian.

Default Re: What is the best website to share photos? (free one...you pgnee you chgnee)

I use fotki.. but i use their paid accounts which provide much more features...

speed wise, flickr is the best. no doubt.. but personally i don't like their interface and your first page will show all your photos which makes it really messy.. people who don't know how to use it may not notice the sets/albums placed at the side of the page...

in this aspect, many other galleries are better coz it looks neater and easier to navigate...

i chose fotki coz the paid accounts give free blogs, forums, guestbooks, photo comments, and i can partially customise my page layout using html, which is usually available if u use your own domain....

in any case.. since u're looking for free accounts.. it's no harm trying out all of them to compare which one u like best, or which are easy to use.. also take note of the ones which u think ur friends and family will like looking at and navigating through... it's a personal choice that only u can make....
    Canon EOS 30D w/ grip 580EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S 10-22mm
    :bsmilie:

Zoto is no longer free. Love the gallery.

picasaweb from google is now 1G. it is also very fast. recently found out that it supports hotlinking.

OT abit. How do i post pics from Multiply account here? I tried in some other forums but can't seem to place the pics directly. Eg....

The above is using the [IMG] thingy.

Regards
    Michael

Have been using Picasaweb.

http://picasaweb.google.com

Allow to display pictures up to 1600 pixel length.
    But have to download and install the Picasaweb software. The software will automatically, resize the file for uploading without affecting the original.

heehee, got a qn to tompang onto this thread....

For Flickr, how to upload such that the hot-linked photos can display the EXIF data when another user right-clicks on my photos?

i'm using photobucket... uploading when overseas seems slow, and can only 1 by 1 upload. if upload many at a time, sure kena dead connection.

wanted to try flickr, but see the free account can only store 200pics and others can't see unless you pay for pro. also will resize ur pic? a bit unfriendly leh...

btw i use mainly for hotlinking, no need all the albums n such...

multiply
    unlimited, no restriction if i'm not wrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12