Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best website to share photos? (free one...you pgnee you chgnee)

Default What is the best website to share photos? (free one...you pgnee you chgnee)

Hi all,

Sorry if this question might have been asked before. I tried finding a similar thread but ended up with nothing.

Which is the best free website to load my photos on for sharing?
    I see a lot of you folks showing your fotos which you have hyperlink-ed.
    I also want to do that leh. Then can also use for blogging.

Enlighten me please...
    Thank you everybody.

Eu

Default Re: What is the best website to share photos? (free one...you pgnee you chgnee)

www.flickr.com is the best around......

Try it lah!

Default Re: What is the best website to share photos? (free one...you pgnee you chgnee)

FLICKR ......I don't see any competition, the user-friendliness of sharing/tagging/editing/deleting/batch processing is an eye-opener.

Quote Originally Posted by eestrada0904 View Post
    www.flickr.com is the best around......

Try it lah!
    Cool website!

for free host, i actually preferred www.multiply.com
    reason being, the last time I used flickr, I was quite limited with 3 folders only, not sure about it now.
    tho I must say the interface is a tad friendlier than multiply.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    for free host, i actually preferred www.multiply.com
    reason being, the last time I used flickr, I was quite limited with 3 folders only, not sure about it now.
    tho I must say the interface is a tad friendlier than multiply.
    Upload speed of Flickr so far also one of the fastest leh.

Another one that I like is webshots, but then the image quality seems to be very pathetic.. So I put my Vistaquest photos there.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Upload speed of Flickr so far also one of the fastest leh.

Another one that I like is webshots, but then the image quality seems to be very pathetic.. So I put my Vistaquest photos there.
    ic... multiply upload ain't that bad for me, best of all is if I want to share out print/original copies, I can upload my whole 6MP file from d50.
    Theres no upload/download/size/number limit, but even so most of the time I only upload smaller pic (0.3MP-0.5MP)

Let I say, the only thing about flickr that bothers me is free account are only limited to just 3 folder, and I dono how to organise my stuffs with so little folder.

Definitely flickr

1)user friendly
    2)established communities to share and learn
    -Learning new techniques of photoshop
    -new style of taking pictures
    -meet up sessions with the local communities
    -understanding the communities happening outside the local context
    3)thousands of photographs can be easily found by well mapped out search engine
    4)ease of sharing of photographs throughout the world
    5)unlimited upload of photographs
    6)fast and efficient

For free account there is a limit of 3 folders and up to 200 photos can be seen by viewer only. Photos will be stored till u upgrade to pro account, where the earlier photographs will be made available to you.

Try it. You'll make alot of friendly flickr members around the world.

You may want to try DeviantArt

For a preview of how your gallery will actually look like: My Gallery

Personally prefer it much more than Flickr.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    Let I say, the only thing about flickr that bothers me is free account are only limited to just 3 folder, and I dono how to organise my stuffs with so little folder.
    I know what you mean.. But anyways if you do not go Pro on Flickr they only display 200 photos at one time, of course the rest are kept in archive, but even you cannot see them or kope links.. Quite siannifying.

Maybe I try Multiply. Hrm.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    I know what you mean.. But anyways if you do not go Pro on Flickr they only display 200 photos at one time, of course the rest are kept in archive, but even you cannot see them or kope links.. Quite siannifying.

Maybe I try Multiply. Hrm.
    well after all TS is looking for free host, thats why i take multiply over flickr.
    Deviantart is also good, but not for mess upload... image got to be uploaded 1 by 1.

I use flickr. Try it.

which one allows hotlinking?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by sugary88 View Post
    You may want to try DeviantArt

For a preview of how your gallery will actually look like: My Gallery

Personally prefer it much more than Flickr.
    I love DA too but they dont allow hot linking leh.. if you do i think you must allow for thier Mobile acess as well..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Sorrie for the OT.

I guess u r not a Chinese? It took me quite some time to understand your hokkien

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    which one allows hotlinking?
    if you want to use as hotlinking only, photobucket.

btw, the interface is not that nice to use as photo gallery, but it can create many many main albums, than sub albums, and sub sub albums, have not come across any other free site work in this way, and with very high capacity.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

ClubSNAP gallery - free, max 10mb.
    ClubSNAP webspace - paid webspace subscription.
    Deviant Art - (not sure?)
    Flickr - free, unlimited space, max 20mb per month upload. limited to 3 photo sets and display of 200 (most recent) photos for free accounts
    Fotopic - free, 250mb.
    Multiply - free unlimited space & uploads. Subscribed accounts doesn't have ad. banners.
    Pbase - 30day and 10mb free trial, paid subscription.
    PhotoBucket - free, recently upgraded to 1GB
    Yahoo! Photos - free, unlimited, but auto resize your pics
    Zoto- free
    SuprFile - a free image hosting site from the guys who brought us suprnova
    ImageShack - a popular free image hosting site

Obtained from here.

thot flickr is max 100mb per month upload?

Quote Originally Posted by phelan View Post
    It is.
    Come visit my Flickr :)

Quote Originally Posted by phelan View Post
    Maybe it is now. The answer was found using the search function and was date somewhere in June 2006 IIRC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast